What's new

Closed Should christians celebrate christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cguro magigig mali lang ang Christmas kung iba ang ibig sabihin ng salitang Christmas para sayo.
Yes Paul warned us but despite we dont celebrate Christmas for nothing..
I dont know what other people think about Christmas but for me, Christmas is one way or another way remembering what Christ did and How God loves us fist..

Every Christians have different beliefs although we are one in name "Christian" .. As a Seventh Day Adventist we do not celebrate Christmas because theres no text in the bible that indicate to celebrate Christmas however December 25 is not truely the birth of Christ !

Kahit talagang pagan yung Christmas.
Di naman talaga natin mapipilit ano gagawin nila.
At least may kaalaman
Kung sa gayon, kung gusto natin sundin yung nasa katotohanan, mas mabuti.
Pag ayaw natin, may freewill naman.

Pagan means a person who has not religion and who has delight on sensual pleasures and material goods. (Merriam Webster)
And for me, I think there's nothing wrong to celebrate Christmas why?
Because the reason why we celebrate is because we are grateful that the son of our God has born. There is no way or no reason that this kind of celebration should not be doing by us Christians. And I believe that as a Christian you should learn to differentiate Festivals to Celebration/s. The Bible Reader

The point here ; The Christmas holiday is largely a recycled pagan celebration. God condemns using pagan customs to worship Him.

That bonus is given because you work for it, its part of your contribution to their success. Unless you dont work but greceive their so called christmas bonus, that would not be right.

So what is "christmas Bonus"?
DEFINITION of 'Year-End Bonus' A reward ρáíd to an employee at the end of the year. Many year-end bonuses are tied to performance metrics and the amount canvary depending whether certain milestones are met. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
What I believe is Christmas Bonus is in return for the hardworks of those employees or what so over, Alam kasi ng Gobyerno na every year nagcecelebrate ang mga Filipino ng Pasko kaya nagkaroon ng Christmas Bonus kasi alam nila na tuwing pasko maraming gastusin. And I don't see anything wrong with that. That's all.

For my side, respect na lang sa iba kung ayaw o gusto nila magcelebrate ng christmas this coming December 25. Yes it is not true that December 25 is the exact date of birth of our Saviour. But the essence of celebrating the birth of our Saviour once a year is the point here. Even though what date should you celebrate it, it doesn't matter. We are all not perfect and we are all sinners. I think knowing the exact date of His birth doesn't gain us that SPECIAL TICKET to heaven but rather knowing that He is our Saviour and the Holy Spirit continually lives in our lives will make us REDEEMED. :) Please wag na po pagdebatihan ang topic na ito. Respetuhan na lang sa kani kanilang paniniwala. Spread the LOVE po and not HATE.

Advance Merry Christmas! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hnd man natin alam ang tunay n katotohanan ts... Bsta alam nmin ito ang araw ng pagmamahalan at pag bibigayan.....

The point in celebrating Christmas is to honor the birth of Jesus Christ, wala mang exact date atleast we find time para maging meaningful ang pagsilang kay Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.