What's new

Python My app is detected as Malware.

8seven3

Addict
Established
Reaction
Hello, good day. I want to ask what I should do to prevent my application from being detected as malware by my antivirus (Malwarebytes). I am not a programmer but I try building applications such as salary calculators and table generators with the assistance of an AI. When I ran my exe file, my antivirus quarantined it. Please help me what to do to solve my problem. Thank you.
1709411841447.png

*UPDATE
Okay na guys na solve ko na yung issue what causes the code to become a malware or suspicious.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello! I understand your concern about your application being detected as malware by your antivirus software. Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

1. Check for False Positives: Sometimes legitimate programs can be mistaken for malware by antivirus software. This is known as a false positive. Check if your application has been incorrectly flagged by Malwarebytes. You can submit your application to Malwarebytes Labs for analysis to determine if it's a false positive.

2. Code Signing: Consider digitally signing your executable files with a code signing certificate. This helps establish trust in your application as it verifies the identity of the software publisher. Signed applications are less likely to be flagged as malware by antivirus programs.

3. Avoid Suspicious Behavior: Ensure that your application does not exhibit any behavior commonly associated with malware. For example, avoid performing actions such as modifying system settings, accessing sensitive files without permission, or communicating with suspicious domains.

4. Clean Code: If you are using an AI to assist in building your applications, ensure that the generated code is clean and does not contain any malicious scripts or code snippets. Review the code generated by the AI to make sure it aligns with the intended functionality of your application.

5. Update Antivirus Definitions: Make sure your antivirus software is up to date with the latest virus definitions. Antivirus programs regularly update their databases to detect new threats. Updating your antivirus software may help in resolving false positive detections.

6. Exclusions: You can try adding an exclusion in your antivirus software for your application's executable file. This can prevent the antivirus from flagging it as malware. However, be cautious when using this approach and only exclude files you are confident are safe.

7. Engage with Antivirus Support: If you continue to experience issues with your application being flagged as malware, consider reaching out to Malwarebytes support for assistance. They may provide specific guidance on how to resolve the detection issue.

By following these steps, you may be able to address the issue of your application being detected as malware by your antivirus software. Remember to prioritize the security and integrity of your applications while ensuring they are not falsely identified as threats.

ganito View attachment 2899732 pag search ko sa internet yung app daw kasi is almost gawa ng AI which is totoo naman kasi nga katulong ko si chatgpt sa pag gawa nyan. May way ba para hindi sya madetect?
This is a false positive... well häçkers/malwares nowadays use ChatGPT in evil ways... They used prompt engineering to be able to create a running malicious code generated from it and embed the responses to itself, so it will be undetected by most AV. (It is clever and scary at the same time)

Last edited:
Back