What's new

Trivia Do atheists realize that everyone is born believing in God?

The Bible is the holy scripture of the Christian religion, purporting to tell the history of the Earth from its earliest creation to the spread of Christianity in the first century A.D. Both the Old Testament and the New Testament have undergone changes over the centuries, including the the publication of the King James Bible in 1611 and the addition of several books that were discovered later.

The Bible Is God’s Word​

What does it mean that the Bible is God’s Word? God moved and guided the authors of the Bible as they wrote. At the same time, this process allowed the writers to use their own styles and personalities. The Bible is authoritative in every subject it addresses and without error in the original manuscripts, since the words ultimately came from God who knows everything and is without fault.

The Bible Is Unique and Unified​

The Bible is unique among all the books in the world, and its message is unified throughout all 66 books. It was written by over 40 different writers, including shepherds, kings, priests, scholars, fishermen, and prophets, over a span of 1,500 years. However, the Bible remains unified in its message even though it displays a wide variety of genres and its authors wrote for a variety of purposes and exhibited a broad range of emotions.

The Bible Has Been Faithfully Passed Down​

A common objection to the accuracy of the Bible is, “Isn’t the Bible just a copy of a copy?” The scribes who copied Scripture took great care in their work. Accuracy was ensured by a number of safeguards, including the counting of letters in a line and on a page. Minor variations exist between certain manuscripts, but thanks to the abundance of early texts and fragments, we can ascertain the original wording in nearly every case.

The Bible Contains Fulfilled Prophecy​

The divine origin of the Bible is demonstrated through its frequent use of prophecy. Of all the “holy books” of the world, only the Bible contains accurate, predictive prophecy because only the God of the Bible knows the future and has the power to bring it to pass (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.).

The Bible Holds the Key to Eternal Life​

The Bible’s message provides ultimate answers to our greatest need (God’s forgiveness) and meets our deepest yearning (eternal life). God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die in our place, taking our sins upon Himself. Jesus Christ satisfied God’s justice, and three days later God raised Him from the dead. The answer to our greatest need and deepest longing is the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
akala ko ba proof siya boss, ba't naging holy scripture na lang?

Advanced:
Many people will not find a true God in religions we have, namely the abrahamic religions. The way to have a new concept of God, is to experience something Out-of-body. This can be an evidence to yourself that it is not only physicality that is living and in existence. The new concept could answer why cruelty, barbarism and destruction always exist in the physical world. But not many become successful in this endeavor in experiencing Out-of-body experiments with one's-self. Learning meditation, silencing the mind is the key that open new doors to the spiritual and astral worlds and not religion. It is by experimenting mental endeavors that is separate from your physicality and a journey by mind and consciousness,, will you ever discover what, how you are to the new concept of God.

alam mo sir kung naghahanap k ng healty discussion, dapat nag try ka ring unawaiin at intindhin kung sino at anong stand ng kinakausap mo. the bible is my position, siempre laht ng reason ko at belief ay iikot sa s loob ng bible. kc yun ang reference ko wala ng iba, yung shallowness n sinasabi mo bka ikw yun kc kung ano anong theory binabato mo wala k nmng solid discussion dun puro basic analysis lng from how you learn it. pero mismong bigat ng subject d mo rin naman maipaliwag.. tapos pati faith ng iba kinikwestyon mo? ib ang fiction sa history sir. ang bible hindi books of fictions fyi bible is a solid proof from old to new testaments. at isa dont pretend n my definition ang lht ng binabato mong arguements. kung di mo kyang i defend dapat alm mo kung hanggng saan lng ang pwede mong ilapag sa isang usapan. kc magulo lng di rin namn fruitful ang discussion
Kala ko ba end of discussion? Ikaw ang merong assertion from the beginning kaya ntural you have to explain it. Iniintindi ko nga position mo kya kita binabato ng tanong dahil kung na convince k sa bible, marahil may dahilan diba? Kung lohikal na dahilan yan, malamang marami kang maaakay.

Wag k nmn magpanggap na hindi mo tinatanong sarili mo nung mga bagay na tinatanong ko. At kung aasta ka na may compelling sagot ka sa bawat tanong na yan, natural dapat ipakita mo.

Hirap kasi, karamihan o lahat kayong mga theist hindi nmn tlga kayo naniniwala sa pinagsasasabi niyo. Deep inside you are really atheist too, blinded by cognitive dissonance. You just chose the position more easily accepted and respected by wider society. Then you turn around to project your ignorance to other atheists.

proo

Death pertains to eternal damnation (hell)

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).

But

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

He is the way,

Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

Not by good works

Ephesians 2:8-10 for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not of works, that no man should glory. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them.

Kala ko ba end of discussion? Ikaw ang merong assertion from the beginning kaya ntural you have to explain it. Iniintindi ko nga position mo kya kita binabato ng tanong dahil kung na convince k sa bible, marahil may dahilan diba? Kung lohikal na dahilan yan, malamang marami kang maaakay.

Wag k nmn magpanggap na hindi mo tinatanong sarili mo nung mga bagay na tinatanong ko. At kung aasta ka na may compelling sagot ka sa bawat tanong na yan, natural dapat ipakita mo.

Hirap kasi, karamihan o lahat kayong mga theist hindi nmn tlga kayo naniniwala sa pinagsasasabi niyo. Deep inside you are really atheist too, blinded by cognitive dissonance. You just chose the position more easily accepted and respected by wider society. Then you turn around to project your ignorance to other atheists.
nag assumed k nanaman, by the way sir dont mis judge believers base lmang sa pagkakaalam mo. as we hold on our faith base on our belief hindi dahil sa kailangang agreed kau sa gnung aspeto, kundi dahil na experience nmin un in the first place, marahil hindi mo alam ung feeling ng contentment and joy while we worship God. at sa totoo lng its up to u kung maniniwala k o hindi doesn't matter n wayz. since 2006 p untill now nothing can shake my faith. siguro I dont have the proper words to describe or the proper way to explain it but believe me, I never felt so much joy on my faith on God, and I respect for your stand also :) my point is I am not ashamed on the gospel which I stand (bible) ayan end of discussion :)

Ako na nakikibasa lang pero natutuwa ako sa mga comment dito haha. Nice topic hindi ko nga alam kung san category ako eh.

simula pa nung bata pa ako hindi ako naniniwala sa mga religious. Tinatamad din ako magsimba although nag ppray din naman ako as respect sa mga kasamahan ko rin na masyadong banal kuno pero makapag mura wagas, sinisiraan ang kapwa and etc.

Tho hindi rin ako nagbabasa ng bible or something about religious.

Pero isa lang ang alam ko. Naniniwala ako sa exist ni God ayun ang religion ko. I love science too.

Ako na nakikibasa lang pero natutuwa ako sa mga comment dito haha. Nice topic hindi ko nga alam kung san category ako eh.

simula pa nung bata pa ako hindi ako naniniwala sa mga religious. Tinatamad din ako magsimba although nag ppray din naman ako as respect sa mga kasamahan ko rin na masyadong banal kuno pero makapag mura wagas, sinisiraan ang kapwa and etc.

Tho hindi rin ako nagbabasa ng bible or something about religious.

Pero isa lang ang alam ko. Naniniwala ako sa exist ni God ayun ang religion ko. I love science too.​

Ganun talaga ang mga religious people. General speaking lang naman, although hindi ko masasabi na lahat pero kasi, lahat ng nakatapat ko na religious, mataas talaga ang pangkutya sa kapwa nila. Mataas talaga ang pagiging judgemental nila. Siguro kung erarate siya ay almost 90%..... ganun. Kasi, religious kasi sila.

Kapag kasama sila, lahat ng kasama is religious talaga, ang pag-uusapan lang nila is yung kapwa tao nila. Ganun sila. Pag-uusapan nila ang magpartner na nag-live in sa kapitbahay nila, pag-uusapan nila ang lalake na kilala nila na keyso ang yaman-yaman raw na hindi naman daw madadala sa langit, pagkatapos pag-uusapan nila ang mga well-known people na super rich sabay sasabihin na align na raw kay Satanas, pagkatapos problematic sila sa mga homosexual na nag-lilive in, pagkatapos maninita sa babae na kilala nilang naka-short na keyso mapupunta siya sa hell.... ang dami talaga.

Kung baga, hindi nila iniisip ang sarili nilang problema. Iniisip nila ang ibang tao pagkatapos manonoblema sila dahil iniisip nila na ang mga tao ay mapupunta na sa hell. Pero yung mga religious ay meron naman silang sariling problema na hindi naman nila pinoproblema katulad ng walang pera, hindi man lang makaisip na maghanap ng way para kumita ng pera, kung baga hindi assertive. Ang solusyon lang nila is paubaya na lang kay God. Ganun. Hihingi na lang sila at uutang sila sa ibang tao ng pera dahil wala silang pera. Nanonoblema man sila pero hindi sila nakatutok kung anong dapat gawin para magkapera, kung baga hindi sila nagkakaproblema kung papaano magkaprovide ng pera pero mas problemado pa sila sa tao na hindi nila kilala na keyso mapupunta sa hell.

Ganun sila. Nag-oobserve lang ako kapag kasama ko sila. Lalo na kung isang group sila na nag-uusap-usap. Kaya kung sobrang taas ang religiousity ng tao, ang pagiging judgemental niya, mataas din.

And so, kung makakatapat tayo na extremist to the maximum level na 100 percent sobrang religious na talaga , siyempre , mag-iingat tayo on how we behave, how we dress, ingatan natin na huwag eopen ang lifetstyle sa kanila pati na rin ang experience natin.... wala.... mag-iingat lang tayo. Kaunting salita o kilos na hindi tanggap sa kanila , huhusgahan ka nila. Ganun.

Dagdag, mahirap din humingi ng tulong at advice sa kanila. Ang ibibigay lang nila sayong advice na yung ginawa mismo ay sabay sasabihin, "Hindi kalungod-lungod sa paningin ng Diyos. Mapupunta ka sa hell." Ganun.​

Last edited:
nag assumed k nanaman, by the way sir dont mis judge believers base lmang sa pagkakaalam mo. as we hold on our faith base on our belief hindi dahil sa kailangang agreed kau sa gnung aspeto, kundi dahil na experience nmin un in the first place, marahil hindi mo alam ung feeling ng contentment and joy while we worship God. at sa totoo lng its up to u kung maniniwala k o hindi doesn't matter n wayz. since 2006 p untill now nothing can shake my faith. siguro I dont have the proper words to describe or the proper way to explain it but believe me, I never felt so much joy on my faith on God, and I respect for your stand also :) my point is I am not ashamed on the gospel which I stand (bible) ayan end of discussion :)
What part did I misjudge? How did you know I am not content and joyful? You think atheist are incapable feeling what you felt being inspired by the texts? Ang kinukwestion ko ay kung inherent ba sa text ung insights mo? Or was it suggested by somebody else?
Dont get me wrong, I do not care about what you choose to believe in. I just want to see the justification you have in your position. The fact that you feel like I am shaking your faith tells me it has no foundation other than emotion and feelings, para itago ang underlying ignorance.

Naalala ko tuloy yung napanood ko na documentary na galing daw sya sa future, wala syang proof ang dala lang nya story at book na ginawa nya. Then walang naniniwala sa kanya, may argue lang na kung BC era ngyari yung timeline nya may maniniwala kaya sa kaniya or siya kaya ang jesus natin ngayon?

Anyway, for me there is no way na maiintindihan or maaccept mo ang religion without others "Teaching" though nasa sayo na yun kung pano mo tatanggapin yung "Turo" kung mag seself study ka lang sa pag hanap ng religion for sure babagsak ka sa pagiging atheists/agnostics since you have questions that only "they" can answers or "have answers" based on their interpretation on what their religions.

Pero worth it ba? If ever you failed the teachings of your religion then you will go somewhere else beside Utopia, pero hindi mo malalaman unless mamatay ka muna.

If you are so religious naman then how can you be sure na sa heaven ka pupunta, when unconsciously meron kang ginagawa/gagawin/nagawa na kasalanan sa araw araw na buhay. Even priests admit that they have sins every day and ask forgiveness at the end of the day. Does that end there? How will you know?

For me, I can be religious and not at the same time.
Sinasabuhay ko some of the commandments, teachings and others. Then again, hindi ako palagi nag sisimba, nag sisimba lang ako para sa asawa at anak ko because i respect what they believe. Nag dadasal din ako, pero sa mga stars binabato ko lang yung prayer ko bahala na kung sino sasalo. If I do good I feel good, If I do bad I feel bad. Wala akong sinisisi na kahit sino kundi sarili ko sa ups and downs.

But then again, Im asking for forgiveness pag nag sisimba, I dont know to whom but I am asking.

Saan kaya ako neto pupulutin?

Ganun talaga ang mga religious people. General speaking lang naman, although hindi ko masasabi na lahat pero kasi, lahat ng nakatapat ko na religious, mataas talaga ang pangkutya sa kapwa nila. Mataas talaga ang pagiging judgemental nila. Siguro kung erarate siya ay almost 90%..... ganun. Kasi, religious kasi sila.

Kapag kasama sila, lahat ng kasama is religious talaga, ang pag-uusapan lang nila is yung kapwa tao nila. Ganun sila. Pag-uusapan nila ang magpartner na nag-live in sa kapitbahay nila, pag-uusapan nila ang lalake na kilala nila na keyso ang yaman-yaman raw na hindi naman daw madadala sa langit, pagkatapos pag-uusapan nila ang mga well-known people na super rich sabay sasabihin na align na raw kay Satanas, pagkatapos problematic sila sa mga homosexual na nag-lilive in, pagkatapos maninita sa babae na kilala nilang naka-short na keyso mapupunta siya sa hell.... ang dami talaga.

Kung baga, hindi nila iniisip ang sarili nilang problema. Iniisip nila ang ibang tao pagkatapos manonoblema sila dahil iniisip nila na ang mga tao ay mapupunta na sa hell. Pero yung mga religious ay meron naman silang sariling problema na hindi naman nila pinoproblema katulad ng walang pera, hindi man lang makaisip na maghanap ng way para kumita ng pera, kung baga hindi assertive. Ang solusyon lang nila is paubaya na lang kay God. Ganun. Hihingi na lang sila at uutang sila sa ibang tao ng pera dahil wala silang pera. Nanonoblema man sila pero hindi sila nakatutok kung anong dapat gawin para magkapera, kung baga hindi sila nagkakaproblema kung papaano magkaprovide ng pera pero mas problemado pa sila sa tao na hindi nila kilala na keyso mapupunta sa hell.

Ganun sila. Nag-oobserve lang ako kapag kasama ko sila. Lalo na kung isang group sila na nag-uusap-usap. Kaya kung sobrang taas ang religiousity ng tao, ang pagiging judgemental niya, mataas din.

And so, kung makakatapat tayo na extremist to the maximum level na 100 percent sobrang religious na talaga , siyempre , mag-iingat tayo on how we behave, how we dress, ingatan natin na huwag eopen ang lifetstyle sa kanila pati na rin ang experience natin.... wala.... mag-iingat lang tayo. Kaunting salita o kilos na hindi tanggap sa kanila , huhusgahan ka nila. Ganun.

Dagdag, mahirap din humingi ng tulong at advice sa kanila. Ang ibibigay lang nila sayong advice na yung ginawa mismo ay sabay sasabihin, "Hindi kalungod-lungod sa paningin ng Diyos. Mapupunta ka sa hell." Ganun.​

Hmm tama ka po, meron nga ibang religion na grabe din manira sa ibang religion din ayoko na lang mag mention.

If you love God or something you faith in your religious hindi mo sisiraan ang iba para makapag recruit at lasunin ang isip ng ibang tao. Meron pa nga na ung iba nag cocollect ng donation para daw makatulong sa iba pero ang totoo naman gagamitin lang ung pera para sa sariling intention biruin mo yun.

May mga preachers or pari na may bisyo at manyakis pero faithful daw sila kay God. Oh yeah!

Ang pagbabasa daw ng bible or something na nakasulat noong unang panahon about sa religious makakatulong daw para maging refresh ang iyong soul. So nakasulat din ba dun ung pang re-rape ng mga inosenteng tao? pag susuhol sa tao? at gumamit ng bawa na droga? dba will na ng tao un? pero bakit lagi sinasabi ng mga un na magbasa daw ng ganun. Hehe don't hate me pero eto talaga ung reality.

Again, naniniwala akong nag exist ang God pero hindi ako interesado sa religious or something group na related sa creator.

Natatawa lang ako as a human being hahah PEACE OUT YOW!

Naalala ko tuloy yung napanood ko na documentary na galing daw sya sa future, wala syang proof ang dala lang nya story at book na ginawa nya. Then walang naniniwala sa kanya, may argue lang na kung BC era ngyari yung timeline nya may maniniwala kaya sa kaniya or siya kaya ang jesus natin ngayon?

Anyway, for me there is no way na maiintindihan or maaccept mo ang religion without others "Teaching" though nasa sayo na yun kung pano mo tatanggapin yung "Turo" kung mag seself study ka lang sa pag hanap ng religion for sure babagsak ka sa pagiging atheists/agnostics since you have questions that only "they" can answers or "have answers" based on their interpretation on what their religions.

Pero worth it ba? If ever you failed the teachings of your religion then you will go somewhere else beside Utopia, pero hindi mo malalaman unless mamatay ka muna.

If you are so religious naman then how can you be sure na sa heaven ka pupunta, when unconsciously meron kang ginagawa/gagawin/nagawa na kasalanan sa araw araw na buhay. Even priests admit that they have sins every day and ask forgiveness at the end of the day. Does that end there? How will you know?

Sinasabuhay ko some of the commandments, teachings and others. Then again, hindi ako palagi nag sisimba, nag sisimba lang ako para sa asawa at anak ko because i respect what they believe. Nag dadasal din ako, pero sa mga stars binabato ko lang yung prayer ko bahala na kung sino sasalo. If I do good I feel good, If I do bad I feel bad. Wala akong sinisisi na kahit sino kundi sarili ko sa ups and downs.

But then again, Im asking for forgiveness pag nag sisimba, I dont know to whom but I am asking.

dont get me wrong sir, wala po akong religion, I as a christian by faith not bind by religious tradition, kya sabi qoh dont judge by your own understanding. I study and do research din on my own pero nag aaccept din aqoh ng insights ng iba. I study theology kya my background aqoh, sa totoo lng mhirap ang self study kc sa lohikal n pamamaraan pero if my mga collegues k na makaksama in the same manner of a group study, mas mauunawan mo ang flow ng teaching ng bible not by the religious tradition n dagdag bawas. we always do fact checking, we study apologetics, history, bible atlas etc. pati hebrew and greek translation kung saan yun ang gamit sa ancient text ng bible... sabi qoh nga knina we are holding to our own faith with proper education and goals

I appreciate your honesty.

actually yan nga ang problematic sa teaching ng religion. They make it seem like the answers are shrouded in mystery, and all it need is faith and acceptance. Yan din mismo and mechanism an ini-exploit ng mga scammers. Yung tendency natin matakot sa mga choices which we can potentially regret. Naturally we will pick belief, kasi and reasoning natin wala nmn mawawala, but we have everything to gain.

Ang tanong...wala nga bang mawawala? If the belief was false, did we not waste our only life serving a fictional belief.. We lost our autonomy and every other possibility of growing, because we were reduced to a mere follower than a person who could've orchestrated their own destiny.

Anyway, asking for forgiveness without the belief is not in vain. Malaki and epekto mentally ung ma-identify mo ung mga pagkakamali mo. Perhaps it is not really the forgiveness that you gain but an opportunity to reflect and understand how you can improve your life.

I understand the sentiment as tanogn kung saan kaya tayo pupulutin. Yan and sumpa ng intelligence ng tao nung magkaroon tayo ng concept ng past and present as evolution natin. We tend to overthink the origin of mankind and the far future after death, at nakakalimutan natin lasapin ang ngayon. Hindi ba yan ang mas mahalagang tanong sa pagkakaroon ng meaningful an buhay? kung ano ang gagawin natin ngayon? and sa akin lang, believing is not learning. Most of the time, belief discourages lerning.

wala po akong religion, I as a christian by faith not bind by religious tradition
christianity is religion. it is a faith based belief. it is a tradition.
Regardless though, I hope it leads you to a fulfilling life, instead of putting you in a mission of shoving it in other peoples throat.

Last edited:
I appreciate your honesty.

actually yan nga ang problematic sa teaching ng religion. They make it seem like the answers are shrouded in mystery, and all it need is faith and acceptance. Yan din mismo and mechanism an ini-exploit ng mga scammers. Yung tendency natin matakot sa mga choices which we can potentially regret. Naturally we will pick belief, kasi and reasoning natin wala nmn mawawala, but we have everything to gain.

Ang tanong...wala nga bang mawawala? If the belief was false, did we not waste our only life serving a fictional belief.. We lost our autonomy and every other possibility of growing, because we were reduced to a mere follower than a person who could've orchestrated their own destiny.

Anyway, asking for forgiveness without the belief is not in vain. Malaki and epekto mentally ung ma-identify mo ung mga pagkakamali mo. Perhaps it is not really the forgiveness that you gain but an opportunity to reflect and understand how you can improve your life.

I understand the sentiment as tanogn kung saan kaya tayo pupulutin. Yan and sumpa ng intelligence ng tao nung magkaroon tayo ng concept ng past and present as evolution natin. We tend to overthink the origin of mankind and the far future after death, at nakakalimutan natin lasapin ang ngayon. Hindi ba yan ang mas mahalagang tanong sa pagkakaroon ng meaningful an buhay? kung ano ang gagawin natin ngayon? and sa akin lang, believing is not learning. Most of the time, belief discourages lerning.

christianity is religion. it is a faith based belief. it is a tradition.
Regardless though, I hope it leads you to a fulfilling life, instead of putting you in a mission of shoving it in other peoples throat.
Religion is a trap, it is created by romans to trap christians into submission.. until now alam mo nmn db u can see it in your own eyes.. we follow what Jesus teach. Not by religion because God doesnt make religion.. relationship is...fellowship...

Religion is a trap, it is created by romans to trap christians into submission.. until now alam mo nmn db u can see it in your own eyes.. we follow what Jesus teach. Not by religion because God doesnt make religion.. relationship is...fellowship...
You know there are other religions in other parts of the world diba? They have nothing to do with Romans at all. Even proto-christian judaism is a religion. Did you change the definition of "religion" in your head just to fit your worldview? Seems to me para sayo, Religion=Roman Catholicsm.

Advanced:
Many people will not find a true God in religions we have, namely the abrahamic religions. The way to have a new concept of God, is to experience something Out-of-body. This can be an evidence to yourself that it is not only physicality that is living and in existence. The new concept could answer why cruelty, barbarism and destruction always exist in the physical world. But not many become successful in this endeavor in experiencing Out-of-body experiments with one's-self. Learning meditation, silencing the mind is the key that open new doors to the spiritual and astral worlds and not religion. It is by experimenting mental endeavors that is separate from your physicality and a journey by mind and consciousness,, will you ever discover what, how you are to the new concept of God.
Sa madaling sabi, ang new concept ay best described as self-induced psychosis brought about by different ways of deluding oneself. That is surely one way to have an answer about anything. Any answer you can come up with that way will feel correct.

Last edited:
You know there are other religions in other parts of the world diba? They have nothing to do with Romans at all. Even proto-christian judaism is a religion. Did you change the definition of "religion" in your head just to fit your worldview? Seems to me para sayo, Religion=Roman Catholicsm.

Sa madaling sabi, ang new concept ay best described as self-induced psychosis brought about by different ways of deluding oneself. That is surely one way to have an answer about anything. Any answer you can come up with that way will feel correct.
Yo do not know what you are saying Kaplok, you are theorizing without evidence lol. so ang buhay at experience mo ay psychosis? malaki sira ulo mo kc you are believing illogical fictions sa bible, un ang truth. I have approached things logically and scientifically, things you can experiment on yourself. But sorry to say, you are eons down there locked to absurd beliefs.