What's new

Being Hardworking should be Obsolete?

problema kasi natin is yung consumer culture, we work to buy useless stuff at pagkain. instead of planning to escape the 8-12hours grind eh uunahin pa yung pagkuha nang hulugan na poging motor or usesless mahal na cellphone etc.... tapos kapag nag birthday tudo celebration, tapos mag suffer naman nang tuyo after. fiesta mag celebrate nang bongga, pati christmas at new year...

Sure. I appreciate your personal input. But please understand the article is tackling a wider societal idea and not a mere personal opinion.
i am replying as one person not as a society, the bad things you presented (even if you post as a society) are not hardwork at all that is why i can't agree that hardwork is bad, graduates landing on low paying jobs is not harwork at all

i am replying as one person not as a society, the bad things you presented are not hardwork at all that is why i can't agree that hardwork is bad, graduates landing on low paying jobs is not harwork at all
Search success paradox by veritasium on YøùTùbé for better explanation.

Search success paradox by veritasium on YøùTùbé for better explanation.
the paradox says "what got you here might send you back there" so you are suggesting that i am successful and i'm about to fail, thanks btw for evaluating me as a successful person haha but i have always an option to control the amount of success i make, i am only interested on the achievements needed so need base lang ako basically to survive only, so i control success i control the fall as well

the paradox says "what got you here might send you back there" so you are suggesting that i am successful and i'm about to fail, thanks btw for evaluating me as a successful person haha but i have always an option to control the amount of success i make, i am only interested on the achievements needed so need base lang ako basically to survive only, so i control success i control the fall as well
"I am suggesting".. interesting.. i just shared a video as a reference for the article. Pero to you i am trying to tell you a message.

I do not know the video word per word. I do not know if you even saw the correct video. But, Are you sure this is not your personal guilt telling you this?
Honestly kasi i do not know where you are coming from anymore.

"I am suggesting".. interesting.. i just shared a video as a reference for the article. Pero to you i am trying to tell you a message.

I do not know the video word per word. I do not know if you even saw the correct video. But, Are you sure this is not your personal guilt telling you this?
Honestly kasi i do not know where you are coming from anymore.
the fact that of all the videos out there yun ang napili mo, yun lang, but anyways babawi-in ko na lang yung thanks ko para happy ka na ulet hehe and about dun sa guilt na sinasabi mo i feel it back when i was still theist since tinuturuan akong maging guilty at magsisi sa mga ginagawa ko kasi god is watching us ika nga, but now that i am in full control of my life i don't think guilt is an option, guilt is only powerful when you can't stand on your own it is because you need other people

the fact that of all the videos out there yun ang napili mo
This is the source of the argument you were so butthurt about. That's why "of all the videos" jan kita ni-refer.
It is just a hunch na baka may mga personal insecurities ka kaya ganyan ka personal ang dating nitong article sayo.

This is the source of the argument you were so butthurt about. That's why "of all the videos" jan kita ni-refer.
how can i be sourcing from that if i am not successful yet, that video is for people that were so successful na and eventually fall, di ako tatablan diyan kasi success is not my priority but rather to survive is my priority
It is just a hunch na baka may mga personal insecurities ka kaya ganyan ka personal ang dating nitong article sayo.
personal insecurities are only powerful when you can't stand on your own, noong theist ako meron ako niyan like what if i go to hell hehe kasi tuturuan ka talaga ng simbahan na matakot sa diyos and it adds worry tas iti-train ka to depend on god instead of yourself aba ma-i-insecure ka talaga kasi tinuturuan ka not to stand on your own, back to the article, di ko talaga gusto yung message mo to deny whatever pinaghirapan ko, i am proud of my hardwork tas sasabihin mo lang na obsolete hehe hinanapan nga kita ng replacement for hardwork ala ka namang binigay

how can i be sourcing from that if i am not successful yet, that video is for people that were so successful na and eventually fall, di ako tatablan diyan kasi success is not my priority but rather to survive is my priority
What i am saying is that video was one of the references used for the specific idea you are disagreeing with. I feel like hindi tama ung video na napanuod mo so post ko dito.

di ko talaga gusto yung message mo to deny whatever pinaghirapan ko, i am proud of my hardwork tas sasabihin mo lang na obsolete
Ok, i get where you are coming from. Being hardworking is source of your pride. And that is why you disagree. And that is normal. The point was not about replacing hardwork.
Interestingly, for someone who hates the filipino culture so much, this explains why you love the value of being "hardworking" sa bit much.

Attachments

Last edited:
What i am saying is that video was one of the references used for the specific idea you are disagreeing with. I feel like hindi tama ung video na napanuod mo so post ko dito.View attachment 2504782
the video tells luck played with us in our journey to success, so it's not just hardwork, and this video is for people who believes there are other external forces involve in their lives such god in the form of luck just god or luck, not applicable ito sa akin
Ok, i get where you are coming from. Being hardworking is source of your pride. And that is why you disagree. And that is normal. The point was not about replacing hardwork. Interestingly, for someone who hates the filipino culture so much, this explains why you love the value of being "hardworking" sa bit much.
yes and you are considering graduates landing on low paying jobs hardworking, hardwork for me always yields success, if i fail along the way then i am not hardworking

this video is for people who believes there are other external forces involve in their lives such god in the form of luck just god or luck, not applicable ito sa akin
Not applicable or you just refuse it because it takes away from what you are proud of?

Btw, this YøùTùbér is a PhD in physics, and his official title being a YøùTùbér is a "science communicator". Very scientific ang paliwanag.. dont know where you took God from. Fair to say, your argument here once again is from emotion.
hardwork for me always yields success, if i fail along the way then i am not hardworking
Sure yan talaga ang paniniwalaan mo. You already revealed your bias why you want to believe that, eh.

Not applicable or you just refuse it because it takes away from what you are proud of?

Btw, this YøùTùbér is a PhD in physics, and his official title being a YøùTùbér is a "science communicator". Very scientific ang paliwanag.. dont know where you took God from. Fair to say, your argument here once again is from emotion.
yes einstein also has god claims and he failed, this one also has luck claims and luck didn't become a scientific theory hence failed as well, just because you are scientist doesn't mean all you say is automatically a scientific theory or law, i can accept it's not just hardwork since possible pa din naman iyan mangyari but wag lang sabihing luck
Sure yan talaga ang paniniwalaan mo. You already revealed your bias why you want to believe that, eh.
it is more than just a paniniwala, it is a standard i set to myself

yes einstein also has god claims and he failed, this one also has luck claims and luck didn't become a scientific theory hence failed as well, just because you are scientist doesn't mean all you say is automatically a scientific theory or law, i can accept it's not just hardwork since possible pa din naman iyan mangyari but wag lang sabihing luck
There is nothing mystical about luck, its just about chance. Ewan ko kung pano mo na connect yan sa gods and higher power. Sabi ba kasi ni pastor ganon? 😅

There is nothing mystical about luck, its just about chance. Ewan ko kung pano mo na connect yan sa gods and higher power. Sabi ba kasi ni pastor ganon? 😅
nope, i know what is chance in probability and statistics (which are scientific) and it is different from chance in luck/fate/destiny/external force/god

luck is used to cover the actual mistakes during failures

nope, i know what is chance in probability and statistics (which are scientific) and it is different from chance in luck/fate/destiny/external force/god

luck is used to cover the actual mistakes during failures
So sige, confuse mo nlng sarili mo sa definitions para mprove sa sarili mo na tama ka at mali yung video. Stick to the things that stroke your ego.

So sige, confuse mo nlng sarili mo sa definitions para mprove sa sarili mo na tama ka at mali yung video. Stick to the things that stroke your ego.
ahaha if he used probability and statistics in his video siguro nahalata ko pa pagka scientist niya

ang karamihan ng succesful na tao, lalo na yung mga nasa top, the elites kaya sila succesful ay dahil sa sistema ng pagmamana, naka concentrate lang ang resources ng bansa sa iilang tao, sa kanila lang umiikot ang yaman.. ang sistema ang lipunan natin para tayong animal kingdom, sa animal kingdom ang apex predators ay always on top of the food chain not because they earned they place on top, its because that is how they born.. kaso di naman tayo hayop (of course meron magsasabi ang human ay consider din na animal) but we are different we are rational and thinking creatures, at ang sistema na yan patuloy padin hanggang ngayon kapag pinanganak ka mahirap mananatili ka mahirap, some are succesful para mailagay nila ang sarili nila sa hanay ng middle class, pero most of the time karamihan pinanganak na mahirap mamatay na mahirap kahit anong sipag at kayod pa gawin nila, yan ang reyalidad.

Now tungkol sa iniwan mong tanong kung mananatili ba ang pilipinas sa gantong kalagayan? o sa gantong sistema.. my answer is yes, hanggat hindi tayo namumulat sa kamalayan na dapat pantay pantay ang lipunan
at ang resources ng bansa ay dapat dini distribute ng pantay pantay sa bawat isa, gaya ng sabi ni Maclin Dulag na freedom fighter ng Cordillera: Papaanong sasabihin ng gobyerno na pag aari nila ang mga lupaing ito, wala pa man dito ang mga tao ay iginuhit na ni Kabunyan ang mga baitang ng papayaw (rice terraces)

what he means, ang lupa, ang yaman, ang natural resources ay hindi dapat minamana, dahil walang totoong nagmamay ari ng mga yan, ang private property and tradition of inherritance ay isa lamang kunsepto at dokumentong sinulat sa papel, inimbento ng mga tao para lamangan at pangibabawan ang kapwa nya.

what he means, ang lupa, ang yaman, ang natural resources ay hindi dapat minamana, dahil walang totoong nagmamay ari ng mga yan, ang private property and tradition of inherritance ay isa lamang kunsepto at dokumentong sinulat sa papel, inimbento ng mga tao para lamangan at pangibabawan ang kapwa nya.
Although personally disagree ako tlga diyan, i get it. Putting into view the colonialism ang capitalism nakikita ko ung panlalamang at pang aabuso na pinagdaanan yaman na hawak ng mga tao ngayon.
Pero hindi ko makita yung logistics kung paano isasakatuparan ang "pantay pantay na lipunan", kung ikoconsider natin ang sitwasyon ngayon.

-marami sa mga yumaman ay hindi direkta galing sa manang lupa. Mas marami nga ang maniniwala na ang yaman nila ay galing sa dugo pawis at luha nila (kahit madali itrace na galing ito sa mana) at meron din nmn tlgang nagsimula sa wala.
-ang halaga ng kayamanan sa systema natin ngayon ay hindi na nakasalalay sa halaga ng concrete natural resources. Mas marami ngayon ay base sa abstract value like oras ng pagtatarbaho ang basehan ng kinikita. Although ung arbitrary value ng oras ng bawat isa ay maittrace padin sa kung pinalad man sila isilang sa pamilya na mga naambunan ng colonial na sistema, hindi ito katulad ng lupa na pwede pa i-redistribute.

Parang lumalabas na dapat i-abolish ang value ng pera at i-abolish ang pagmamay-ari ng lupa, na magagawa lng through dictatorship. Kasama dito ang work ethics implication, kung saan walang incentive ang magkaroon ng innovation para sa mga taong may kakayanan gumawa nito. Hindi ba't parang imbis na iahon sa hirap ang dukha, hinatak lang ang mayaman pababa kung saan lahat tayo maghihirap din sa huli?

Last edited: