What's new
Yes, it is possible to automate attendance tracking using QR codes and Google Sheets. Here's a step-by-step process to achieve this:

1. Create a Google Form: Start by creating a Google Form with fields like name, employee/student ID, and a field to capture the QR code. This form will be used to collect attendance data.

2. Generate QR codes: Generate unique QR codes for each individual by using an online QR code generator or a script. You can include relevant details like name and ID in the QR code.

3. Embed QR codes: Print or assign the QR codes to each person. For example, you can print them on ID cards, badges, or use digital versions.

4. Scan QR codes: Use a QR code scanner app or software to scan the QR codes when individuals check in or check out. The app should automatically populate the Google Form with the necessary data.

5. Connect Google Sheets to Google Form: In your Google Form, go to the "Responses" tab and click on the spreadsheet icon to create a new Google Sheets spreadsheet. This will automatically create a Google Sheets document linked to the responses from the form.

6. Set up formulas and calculations: In the Google Sheets document, you can set up formulas and calculations to calculate the attendance data. For example, you can count the number of check-ins and check-outs, calculate total hours, or generate reports.

7. Share the attendance sheet: Share the Google Sheets document with relevant personnel, such as HR or teachers, to allow them to monitor attendance in real-time or access reports and data.

By following these steps, you can automate the check-in and check-out process using QR codes and have the attendance automatically tracked in a Google Sheets document.

good day, Yes I do have po.
Hi dev-ace. I'm currently working in a private school and checking of Teachers attendance is one of the hardest challenge. Can you make a system that Ex. 1 Teacher have 6subjects per day (7:30am-9AM / 10:00am-11:30AM / 12:00pm-1PM / 3:00PM-4:30PM / 6:00PM-7:30PM / 7:30PM-9PM) and i have to go around in the campus to check all this manually and there are 500+ teacher in our school imagine.. Hope you can help me. Thanks

Hi dev-ace. I'm currently working in a private school and checking of Teachers attendance is one of the hardest challenge. Can you make a system that Ex. 1 Teacher have 6subjects per day (7:30am-9AM / 10:00am-11:30AM / 12:00pm-1PM / 3:00PM-4:30PM / 6:00PM-7:30PM / 7:30PM-9PM) and i have to go around in the campus to check all this manually and there are 500+ teacher in our school imagine.. Hope you can help me. Thanks
Just curious about what you want to do. Is it to monitor who are present to their classes?