What's new

Swimmah

Forum Guru
Elite
Reaction
Zechariah 11:17 (KJV) Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

The shepherd who leaves his flock is not good. He will get what he deserves. The good news is this: we have a good shepherd, Jesus. He is the best shepherd, and He never leaves us, His flock. He protects us. If even one wanders away, He goes after him or her. Let's be thankful that we serve the good shepherd Jesus.

Lord, You are good. You, Jesus, truly are the best shepherd. Thank You for looking out for us. For going after us when we try to wander away. We do not deserve to have such a good shepherd like You, but You care for us anyways. It was nothing I did that made me lovable, and yet You choose to love me. Thank You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The punishment denounced is in accordance with the neglect of the shepherd's duties. The sword represents the instrument of punishment, whatever it he; the right eye, the severity of the retribution

The arm that ought to have defended the flock shall be withered up as by catalepsy; the eye that should have watched for their safety shall be blinded. This is the judgment on the foolish shepherd.