What's new

Closed Python or Java?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImFromTheFuture

Enthusiast
Reaction
"Python or Java?" Patulong naman po kung ano yung mas worth it pagtuunan ng atensyon, tsaka kung ano po yung mga major differences nila in the long run. Thank you!

python
bad: interpreted, slow, developers destroying backwards compatibility between v2 and v3 and autistic syntax
good: easy, implemented on most things (ex. django for web, embedded on software, etc...)

java
good/bad: "compiled" (byte code), jvm
good: garbage collection, runs everywhere where jre can run, JIT
bad: still slow, namespace is absolute aids, everything is pointlessly an object (and you're forced to implement it as such), predatory licensing by oracle (use openjdk)

mas ok ang java overall try mo rin kotlin parang "improved java".

pero mas mabuti parin ang c++

python
bad: interpreted, slow, developers destroying backwards compatibility between v2 and v3 and autistic syntax
good: easy, implemented on most things (ex. django for web, embedded on software, etc...)

java
good/bad: "compiled" (byte code), jvm
good: garbage collection, runs everywhere where jre can run, JIT
bad: still slow, namespace is absolute aids, everything is pointlessly an object (and you're forced to implement it as such), predatory licensing by oracle (use openjdk)

mas ok ang java overall try mo rin kotlin parang "improved java".

pero mas mabuti parin ang c++
nice paps.

Napag-aralan ko na yan parehas. Nakagawa na din ako ng mga app. Yun maliliit lang. Like pangdownload sa YøùTùbé. So kung e kocompare ko sila mas madali talaga yung Python pag-aralan kompara sa Java. Tapos mas madali pang basahin yung source code ng iba. Like for example gusto mo tingnan yung source code ng isang kilalang software na gawa sa python na nakaupload sa Github. Madali lang basta alam mo na fundamentals kase lahat kayong python programmer may sinusundan indentation. Di katulad sa Java minsan yung code ng iba hirap basahin kasi kung saan saan nakasulat. Hahaha... base lang naman yun sa naging experience ko.

Sa experience ko Python, puwede ka nang gumawa ng Android Apps gamit Kivy framework, at isa pa, puwede mo ito i-deploy sa playstore or appstore, di na niya kailangan ng interpreter kasi may APK packager na tinatawag na Builder ba yun. Pero dipende parin po sa target mo, ano po ba target mong gawin?

If alam mona ang core basic ng isang programming language easy to gets na yung iba
the only big difference is yung syntax nila, pero the way they work and created for, parehong
pareho lang talaga they are both general purpose language don't compare the two same lang ang goal nila which is to create a software

-BASIC

Python

Advantages:
1. Low entry point and very user-friendly.
2. Used a lot for scripting because it’s easy and fast to develop on python.
3. Large availability of libraries and frameworks, so you won’t have to build everything from scratch.
4. More cost effective than java, which is why small and medium sized projects prefer it.
5. Demands fewer developers, and sometimes one will suffice, helping you lower the total cost of your project.
6. Python has no equal when it comes to trending technologies, this includes Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Because it 7. offers strong support with its wide variety of ready-made libraries.
8. Developing programs with python is faster.
9. Python also offers web frameworks.

Disadvantages:
1. Python’s run time is slower compared to other languages.
2. Python is much rarely seen on the client-side. Besides that, it is rarely ever used to implement smartphone-based applications.

Major Differences from Java:
1. Python is an interpreted language meaning it converts human-readable code to machine-readable code on the go.
2. Python is dynamically typed, dynamic typing means checking types during run time.
3. Python launches faster, but runs slower.

Java

Advantages:
1. Java has been the default development language to write Android apps.
2. Java is seen as enterprise-friendly because of the strong library support it enjoys.
3. Java offers plenty of libraries that help you perform various tasks common in enterprise applications.
4. Java is slightly more stable than python. This perceived stability is the reason large companies see Java as a strong language that gives them order and security.

Disadvantages:
1. Java has a higher entry point and definite learning curve.
2. Java usually requires larger development teams.
3. Takes more time and resources to develop.

Major Difference from Python:
1. Java is compiled language meaning it must translate source code into machine code before run time.
2. Java is statically typed language, static typing means checking types before execution.
3. Java launches slower and runs faster.

If your top priority is development speed, go with Python; if your top priority is stability over all else, go with Java.
Generally speaking, Java is better equipped to handle complex tasks. On the other hand, Python is clearer, easier, and simpler—to read, write, and modify.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Pag dating sa data science malaki ang influence ng Python kaya nga sa mga Computer Science student sa school namin tinuturo yung Python kasi meron silang strong foundation pag dating sa math, algorithm and data structures.

parehong pareho lang talaga they are both general purpose language don't compare the two same lang ang goal nila which is to create a software
Yes they are both general purpose languages but that doesn't mean that there are no significant differences, there are a lot of general purpose languages not just those two, does that mean we don't need other languages because they are all the same? We have Java that is considered best for enterprise applications, Python for data science, C++ for game development, all of them are general purpose language but their use case really differs.

Saying "don't compare the two" is wrong, you compare things to know their similarities, differences, advantage and disadvantages.

Para mo nalang din sinabi na wag icompare ang Android sa iPhone, ang Realme sa Xiaomi, and parang sinabi mo na bilhin mo na kahit alin diyan pareho lang din naman yan na smartphone. "They have a lot of similarities, but also a lot of differences and specially when it comes to their use case." So comparing things matter, so you would know which is best for who or for what.

"Programming is the skill, and the language is the tool. Choose the right tool for the job."

Yes they are both general purpose languages but that doesn't mean that there are no significant differences, there are a lot of general purpose languages not just those two, does that mean we don't need other languages because they are all the same? We have Java that is considered best for enterprise applications, Python for data science, C++ for game development, all of them are general purpose language but their use case really differs.

Saying "don't compare the two" is wrong, you compare things to know their similarities, differences, advantage and disadvantages.

Para mo nalang din sinabi na wag icompare ang Android sa iPhone, ang Realme sa Xiaomi, and parang sinabi mo na bilhin mo na kahit alin diyan pareho lang din naman yan na smartphone. "They have a lot of similarities, but also a lot of differences and specially when it comes to their use case." So comparing things matter, so you would know which is best for who or for what.

"Programming is the skill, and the language is the tool. Choose the right tool for the job."
"Programming is the skill, and the language is the tool. Choose the right tool for the job.": so para saan pa ang cross platform? and remember all programming language that you mention they are using the same low level language of computer,

they do the same thing at a very, very, very low level, when they are translated to a sequence of operations that is directly executed by the hardware. At the level of abstraction that is usually perceived by the programmers, programming languages can be hugely different.

in the end of the day, input/output lang ang pinaka main feature ng Programming languages "correct me if im wrong"
Basic Input/Output System

"Programming is the skill, and the language is the tool. Choose the right tool for the job.": so para saan pa ang cross platform? and remember all programming language that you mention they are using the same low level language of computer,
So your talking about cross platform now? I'm "clearly" not talking about cross platform, when i said "Choose the right tool for the job.", what i mean about that is choose the right x language for the x use case. I've already given a solid example, "Python" for Data Science related programs, "Java" for Enterprise Applications, "C++" for game development. This is what i mean about choosing the right tool for the job.
they do the same thing at a very, very, very low level, when they are translated to a sequence of operations that is directly executed by the hardware. At the level of abstraction that is usually perceived by the programmers, programming languages can be hugely different.
I thought your saying that we shouldn't compare because both are the same, now your saying "programming languages can be hugely different." Ano ba talaga? o_O Your contradicting your own words.

in the end of the day, input/output lang ang pinaka main feature ng Programming languages "correct me if im wrong"
Basic Input/Output System
Yes in a nut shell a program is just an input and output system. But what is your point? Does that mean we shouldn't compare them? Then please tell me if wrong for comparing both languages. Tell me how are we suppose to know their similarities except from (input/output), their differences, advantages, and disadvantages if were not gonna compare them to each other. Going back to ts's post:
"Python or Java?" Patulong naman po kung ano yung mas worth it pagtuunan ng atensyon, tsaka kung ano po yung mga major differences nila in the long run. Thank you!"
How are you supposed to answer that question if your not gonna compare them? Please enlighten me.

parehong pareho lang talaga they are both general purpose language don't compare the two same lang ang goal nila which is to create a software
And my point stays the same "You are wrong for saying that we shouldn't compare the two."

So your talking about cross platform now? I'm "clearly" not talking about cross platform, when i said "Choose the right tool for the job.", what i mean about that is choose the right x language for the x use case. I've already given a solid example, "Python" for Data Science related programs, "Java" for Enterprise Applications, "C++" for game development. This is what i mean about choosing the right tool for the job.

I thought your saying that we shouldn't compare because both are the same, now your saying "programming languages can be hugely different." Ano ba talaga? o_O Your contradicting your own words.

Yes in a nut shell a program is just an input and output system. But what is your point? Does that mean we shouldn't compare them? Then please tell me if wrong for comparing both languages. Tell me how are we suppose to know their similarities except from (input/output), their differences, advantages, and disadvantages if were not gonna compare them to each other. Going back to ts's post:

How are you supposed to answer that question if your not gonna compare them? Please enlighten me.

And my point stays the same "You are wrong for saying that we shouldn't compare the two."
You talking about their different use & purposes in different fields, but im talking about The basics of every programming languages which is pretty much the same, string, int ,float,oop, etc. read my first reply again hays.. "core basic ng isang programming" this 2 language Java and Python they are both members of the Algol family

You talking about their different use & purposes in different fields, but im talking about The basics of every programming languages which is pretty much the same, string, int ,float,oop, etc. read my first reply again hays.. "core basic ng isang programming" this 2 language Java and Python they are both members of the Algol family
Yes, yes I am because that is the point of this thread lol, what your saying is really out of context. A while ago your talking about cross platform, about how the hardware execute the code, and it doesn't matter if they're in the same family because they still have differences, i already listed their differences, advantages and disadvantages, you even said:
programming languages can be hugely different.

Do you really get my point? I will repeat it again. "You are wrong for saying that we shouldn't compare the two." I said that because of this:
Please stay on the circle and don't talk about anything beyond the topic. I answered your question on the last reply, might as well answer my question also on my last reply.

Yes, yes I am because that is the point of this thread lol, what your saying is really out of context. A while ago your talking about cross platform, about how the hardware execute the code, and it doesn't matter if they're in the same family because they still have differences, i already listed their differences, advantages and disadvantages, you even said:

Do you really get my point? I will repeat it again. "You are wrong for saying that we shouldn't compare the two." I said that because of this:

Please stay on the circle and don't talk about anything beyond the topic. I answered your question on the last reply, might as well answer my question also on my last reply.
Yes programming languages can be hugely different. But Dont't compare the 2 in their basic because they have the same at their basic function thus last but not least no matter how you compare those languages this the only matter,
The purpose of programming is to find a sequence of instructions that will automate the performance of a task

Overall, roughly, programming is about
Solving problems,
Provide solutions, and
Make human life better
By giving instructions, which we called as programming languages.

And all most every modern pl can do that

Last edited:
Yes programming languages can be hugely different. But Dont't compare the 2 in their basic because they have the same at their basic function thus last but not least no matter how you compare those languages this the only matter,
Ok to end this argument, first of all no one here is comparing those two when it comes to their basic function, just take for example the comparison that i listed, those on the list are far from their basic function and it tackles their differences, advantages and disadvantages in general not the "basic functions" you keep talking about.

Second, now you already admitted that their different and that contradicts your statement here:

The purpose of programming is to find a sequence of instructions that will automate the performance of a task

Overall, roughly, programming is about
Solving problems,
Provide solutions, and
Make human life better
By giving instructions, which we called as programming languages.

And all most every modern pl can do that
And last, about the rest of your statement here, i wouldn't say its wrong, but i told you to stay on the circle and to not talk about anything beyond the topic, what your saying is irrelevant to our topic, no one is asking about the purpose of the programming, ts is just asking what is the difference of the two language mentioned, no need to go beyond that. You just needed to admit that your statement "don't compare the two same lang ang goal nila which is to create a software" is wrong. No argument is needed.

Ok to end this argument, first of all no one here is comparing those two when it comes to their basic function, just take for example the comparison that i listed, those on the list are far from their basic function and it tackles their differences, advantages and disadvantages in general not the "basic functions" you keep talking about.

Second, now you already admitted that their different and that contradicts your statement here:

And last, about the rest of your statement here, i wouldn't say its wrong, but i told you to stay on the circle and to not talk about anything beyond the topic, what your saying is irrelevant to our topic, no one is asking about the purpose of the programming, ts is just asking what is the difference of the two language mentioned, no need to go beyond that. You just needed to admit that your statement "don't compare the two same lang ang goal nila which is to create a software" is wrong. No argument is needed.
Read your last statement, why those programming languages don't produce that kind of output (software)? which is wrong ? nope and last but not the least you already accept the fact that you cant compare the 2 and so on. because of their nature purposes to solve a problem, provide solutions etc. nothing more nothing else thus im talking about in their core basic comparisons and remember those programming languages has an update to improve their usefulness & future supports

Read your last statement, why those programming languages don't produce that kind of output (software)? which is wrong ? nope and last but not the least you already accept the fact that you cant compare the 2 and so on. because of their nature purposes to solve a problem, provide solutions etc. nothing more nothing else thus im talking about in their core basic comparisons and remember those programming languages has an update to improve their usefulness & future supports
Lol you keep talking about nonsense told you 2 times already to stay on the topic, you just can accept the fact that i corrected your false statement, the topic is about "Why Pyhton or Java"? And when did i accept the fact that both of them cannot be compared when i even listed a list of their comparison? when i myself compared them? lol you keep talking about nonsense that no one cares about and which is "off topic". I just quoted your own statement thats why its on quote " read it lol 😅 You didn't even answer my questions.
Again i'll go back to the root of this argument:
And i'll say it again your statement is "WRONG" !
I can't imagine such logic, I'll quote my statement again from my first reply:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back