What's new

Parang magkakasakit na dahil sa programming

same pakiramdam korin nagsasayang lang ako ng oras dito sa college like need pa aralin minor subjects na di namn kelangan on site, first year college pa ako and I'm deciding na mag off sem ako next year.. boss kaya bang magkawork by self studying for 3 months? I mean maggrind ako. Atsaka ano marerecomment kong aaralin ko? .. for now java ang starting language ko kse un ang curriculum sa school.

Sadly in the Philippines, if you wanna have a professional job, you need to have a degree. It doesn't matter if you are dumb in school. If you have a degree, you have far better chance to get a job than someone who is way smarter than you are.. I am speaking from my personal experience being on both ends. I have seen the same for my colleagues back in college. I am told and have observed that it's still valid and true observation as of today. So if you are in the Philippines, get your degree. Sad as it may seem, you have no choice. Well, actually you do but you have to take a leap of faith.

If you are in the US where I am, it's much easier to get a professional job even if you don't finish college. In the software space, We hire folks who don't even have a degree in IT or CS. We got folks who were former English teachers, folks who just took a coding boot camp (equivalent to vocational), folks who were former 911 helpers. I have interviewed folks with master's degree in IT who know nothing about programming (sadly)

Software dev is just one way to be successful in life but you will soon hit a wall in terms of the pay and salary even here in the US. Best bet is to learn it. Get a job on it but prioritize setting up a business or passive income.

There are a number off well known IT personallities who never finished college but became rich in the software space.

If your goal is to make money, add IT/software dev to your arsenal but it won't be your main tool.

Last edited: