What's new

Help Help about my Arduino Project

nogura

Eternal Poster
Established
Reaction
Title: Weekly SMS of Electricity Consumption with Blynk Application for Real Time Monitoring

So ganito ko po gusto magwork yung project, mamomonitor mo po yung real time electricity consumption using blynk app, and weekly may notification ka rin po kung ilan na consump mo thru sms.

Possible po kaya na magawa yun??

Parang ganyan po yung gagawin ko, may additional lang po na weekly sms yung sakin

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible if you have the busget, time, resoruces, etc
what you mean budget and time po?

mga magkano po kaya aabutin sa gastos?
and about sa time po, mahirap po ba mag add ng sms notification feature?

PS. pasensya na po, beginner lang sa microcontrollers and programming. Mini thesis po kasi ito, I am a third year ECE student po.

what you mean budget and time po?

mga magkano po kaya aabutin sa gastos?
and about sa time po, mahirap po ba mag add ng sms notification feature?

PS. pasensya na po, beginner lang sa microcontrollers and programming. Mini thesis po kasi ito, I am a third year ECE student po.

I am surprised you are not aware that there is always a budget and time cost in any project that you take. This applies to everything and not just programming. I am unsure if you are asking why budget and time are important constraints or are you saying you can spend $$$ enough to ignore these constraints?

Adding an SMS notiification is easy if you know how to do it. It's all relative to the person doing it. I know folks who can't even read the manual or do a basic recursion.

If I am the one wo4king on your thesis, here's hkw I would estimate this project.

Overall difficulty:
  • Arduino programming: Easy. I have done tons of Raspberry and NodeMCU projects
  • Hardware tinkeing: Easy as well due to above
  • Web programming: In general it's easy. I can make ir as difficult as I want if I wanna make things really complex or easy if I just wanna slap a simple UI
  • API integratikn: Easy too. I have done Twilio integration and also done a couple of projects that use SMS to send notificaitons when someone enters the house or any microcontroller based triggers.

Budget:
  • Arduino plus tools. Probably around $200 or less
  • Electricity measuring device: This is unknown for me. I will have to reseach how much it cost here in the US and if available. What exactly am I measuring? Power from a small device or from huge generators?
  • Since I am not student, i will charge this project on my hourly rate of $70.00. Yes, $70 USD. I told ypu it's all relative.

I am surprised you are not aware that there is always a budget and time cost in any project that you take. This applies to everything and not just programming. I am unsure if you are asking why budget and time are important constraints or are you saying you can spend $$$ enough to ignore these constraints?

Adding an SMS notiification is easy if you know how to do it. It's all relative to the person doing it. I know folks who can't even read the manual or do a basic recursion.

If I am the one wo4king on your thesis, here's hkw I would estimate this project.

Overall difficulty:
  • Arduino programming: Easy. I have done tons of Raspberry and NodeMCU projects
  • Hardware tinkeing: Easy as well due to above
  • Web programming: In general it's easy. I can make ir as difficult as I want if I wanna make things really complex or easy if I just wanna slap a simple UI
  • API integratikn: Easy too. I have done Twilio integration and also done a couple of projects that use SMS to send notificaitons when someone enters the house or any microcontroller based triggers.

Budget:
  • Arduino plus tools. Probably around $200 or less
  • Electricity measuring device: This is unknown for me. I will have to reseach how much it cost here in the US and if available. What exactly am I measuring? Power from a small device or from huge generators?
  • Since I am not student, i will charge this project on my hourly rate of $70.00. Yes, $70 USD. I told ypu it's all relative.
Oh I can understand it very well na po. Sorry for the misconception po. I think I have enough time naman po to make this project since we are given 3 months. I am just making sure po that it is doable.

Hope you can help me in coding to program this project soon. Kahit mabigyan nyo lang po ako ng tips hehe

Thank you so much po :)

Oh I can understand it very well na po. Sorry for the misconception po. I think I have enough time naman po to make this project since we are given 3 months. I am just making sure po that it is doable.

Hope you can help me in coding to program this project soon. Kahit mabigyan nyo lang po ako ng tips hehe

Thank you so much po :)

3 months is probably doable but I hope your prof doesn't expect production grade product. I would expect more of an E&D or POC level product.

I can definitely guide you on certain things.

possible yung ganyan ts. need mo lang nung esp module maganda kung esp32, current meter module. parang kelangan lang jan maistore mo yung watts na tumakbo from day 1 to day7 then divide mo sa 1000 since 1kw = 1000w tapos sa sending ng text pwede ka mag sim900a gsm module. at command lang makakapagtext na sya

Back