What's new

Trivia Atheists: if you don't believe in God, what prevents you from committing murder?

plhbg1

Forum Master
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
Were christians to prove god(S), it still wouldn’t necessarily make their morality ‘objective’...

Here we have the so-called éùthyphro dilemma.

Is it good and just because God wills it or God wills it because it is good and just?

Criticism on "God wills it because it is good and just"
1. If there are moral standards independent of God's will, then there is something over which God is not sovereign.
2. These moral standards would limit God's power: not even God could oppose them by commanding what is evil and thereby making it good.
3. Moreover, these moral standards would limit God's freedom of will: God could not command anything opposed to them, and perhaps would have no choice but to command in accordance with them.
4. If there are moral standards independent of God, then morality would retain its authority even if God did not exist.

Criticism on "It is good and just because God wills it"
1. If there is no moral standard other than God's will, then God's commands are arbitrary (i.e., based on pure whimsy or caprice).
2. This arbitrariness would also jeopardize God's status as a wise and rational being, one who always acts on good reasons.
3. This arbitrariness would also mean that anything could become good, and anything could become bad, merely upon God's command.
4. If all morality is a matter of God's will, then if God does not exist, there is no morality.

Source: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

God's morality is still debatable until now hehe

Last edited:
Mga atis Right Now: Dahil natatakot mapunta sa impyerno

sweating key and peele GIF

ikaw boss tatanungin kita: is it good and just to put atis pipz in hell because God wills it? or God wills it because it is good and just
Mahirap sagutin yan kasi di ko naman alam judgement ni god kung diretcho hell ba mga taong di naniniwala sa kanya ang pagkaka alam ko lang hanggat may buhay may pag asa ang isang tao bumalik o maniwala sa kanya

Di ko rin jina judge mga atis kung pinili nila yang landas na yan baka kasi mamaya may mga dahilan din sila

Mahirap sagutin yan kasi di ko naman alam judgement ni god kung diretcho hell ba mga taong di naniniwala sa kanya ang pagkaka alam ko lang hanggat may buhay may pag asa ang isang tao bumalik o maniwala sa kanya

Di ko rin jina judge mga atis kung pinili nila yang landas na yan baka kasi mamaya may mga dahilan din sila
hehe mahirap talaga sagutin kasi alin man diyan sa dalawa ay meron problem, which leaves to another option in which god should not exist so we don't have problems like that

This question is packed with insinuations. Pero lets answer it.
What prevents atheist from commiting murder? Compassion. You don't need a god to know that certain action can hurt others. There are also social factors that interests an organism to seem harmless to the society he lives in.

Now to the insinuations, does belief in God prevent murder? I will leave you to answer that after considering these..

People have a tendency to redefine murder in history, allowing them to perform it for their god instead. This is how they fight their holy wars.

Some gods would actually require sacrifice of children in some form, killing people from another race, or maybe killing people not conforming to gender norms. I am not even describing some obscure god here... this is the god of the Bible OT. (Genesis 22, Joshua 1-12, Leviticus 20:13)

So it seems, it is really not the lack of belief that compels to murder, but it is their beliefs that shuts-down peoples' compassion that allows them to kill. This applies to both theist and atheist.

Mga atis Right Now: Dahil natatakot mapunta sa impyerno

sweating key and peele GIF
This one actually mas applicable sa theists.. since atheists does not believe in god kasama na ang hell…

Theists on the other hand who fears na mapunta sa impyerno na pinapaniwalaan nila na pupuntahan nila if they dont believe…

Tsaka if ever may god and some version of hell nga.. di din nakakasiguro ung theist kung tamang god winoworship nea…

me pinaparusahan sa impyerno..paglingon andun din ung maingay na TS ng biblical doctrines sa PHC…

Me: “andito ka din??? 😁

Phc theist: “oo langya. Buong buhay akong nagworship maling god pala”

Me: “hahahaha… oo nga…at nandamay ka pa ng iba”

People have a tendency to redefine murder in history, allowing them to perform it for their god instead. This is how they fight their holy wars.

Some gods would actually require sacrifice of children in some form, killing people from another race, or maybe killing people not conforming to gender norms. I am not even describing some obscure god here... this is the god of the Bible OT. (Genesis 22, Joshua 1-12, Leviticus 20:13)

So it seems, it is really not the lack of belief that compels to murder, but it is their beliefs that shuts-down peoples' compassion that allows them to kill. This applies to both theist and atheist.
In other words, God is commanding what is evil and thereby making it good. This belongs to "It is good and just because God wills it"
This one actually mas applicable sa theists.. since atheists does not believe in god kasama na ang hell…

Theists on the other hand who fears na mapunta sa impyerno na pinapaniwalaan nila na pupuntahan nila if they dont believe…

Tsaka if ever may god and some version of hell nga.. di din nakakasiguro ung theist kung tamang god winoworship nea…

me pinaparusahan sa impyerno..paglingon andun din ung maingay na TS ng biblical doctrines sa PHC…

Me: “andito ka din??? 😁

Phc theist: “oo langya. Buong buhay akong nagworship maling god pala”

Me: “hahahaha… oo nga…at nandamay ka pa ng iba”
what if theists unite with each other boss and decided to worship only one god, would you drop atheism?

Last edited:
In other words, God is commanding what is evil and thereby making it good. This belongs to "It is good and just because God wills it"

what if theists unite with each other boss and decided to worship only one god, would you drop atheism?
Worship one god?? That proves nothing but unity among them… i will still require proof for that one god they are worshipping exists

Worship one god?? That proves nothing but unity among them… i will still require proof for that one god they are worshipping exists
oo nga naman lalo na if they decide na sambahin yung god sa bible nako naloko na kasi nagiging tama lahat ang utos ng God na iyon kahit obvious naman na hindi

oo nga naman lalo na if they decide na sambahin yung god sa bible nako naloko na kasi nagiging tama lahat ang utos ng God na iyon kahit obvious naman na hindi
I said this before, if it turns out na ung god of the bible ang one true god and he exists. i will believe ofcorz.. pero hanggang dun lang… i will not worship that god… i wil be asking the same questions sa kanya na inaask ko sa mga theists

I said this before, if it turns out na ung god of the bible ang one true god and he exists. i will believe ofcorz.. pero hanggang dun lang… i will not worship that god… i wil be asking the same questions sa kanya na inaask ko sa mga theists
siguro naman boss no need to believe anything that is already proven kasi pag sinabi "believe" it is a choice but if something is already proven to exist we no longer have a choice to make (like whether to believe or not), we only use "belief" on things not yet proven since we still have a choice to make (to believe or not), tama na yung we don't bow down to a god who gives arbitrary commands

siguro naman boss no need to believe anything that is already proven kasi pag sinabi "believe" it is a choice but if something is already proven to exist we no longer have a choice to make (like whether to believe or not), we only use "belief" on things not yet proven since we still have a choice to make (to believe or not), tama na yung we don't bow down to a god who gives arbitrary commands
Question mo kasi if i would drop my atheism which is my non belief.. so yeah.. kung indeed that god whoever that maybe eh mapatunayang nageexist eh the logical thing is to believe in his existence…
By then fact na sya so believing or not is irrelevant.

Belief is okay proven man or not.. and pinakaimportante is the “thing” that we believe in is true…

Question mo kasi if i would drop my atheism which is my non belief.. so yeah.. kung indeed that god whoever that maybe eh mapatunayang nageexist eh the logical thing is to believe in his existence…

Belief is okay proven man or not.. and pinakaimportante is the “thing” that we believe in is true…
Yan naman ang buhay, pursuit of truth.

There is something really comforting about "choosing" truth, it makes you feel and think that you can alter reality with your mind. But the utility of beliefs end there.

Yan naman ang buhay, pursuit of truth.

There is something really comforting about "choosing" truth, it makes you feel and think that you can alter reality with your mind. But the utility of beliefs end there.
Ooh yes.. thats so true.. thats why alot of people find it hard to deconstruct what they used to believed in… same reason na others nman just wanna settle sa kung ano ang easier and comforting

Ooh yes.. thats so true.. thats why alot of people find it hard to deconstruct what they used to believed in… same reason na others nman just wanna settle sa kung ano ang easier and comforting
Funny how apologetics conjured the same accusation to atheist when they use the term "rejecting God" because atheist likes it easier and comforting. It does not make any sense to us, because it is all a projection of typical theists, and they are not even aware of it.

Last edited:
Funny how apologetics conjured the same accusation to atheist when they use the term "rejecting God" because atheist likes it easier and comforting. It does not make any sense to us, because it is all a projection of typical theists, and they are not even aware of it.
Yah.. guess its easier to point the finger to the other guy na they have the problem, they want this and that lifestyle and comfort.. even sa fellow believers pag nagccreep in ang doubts blame those people again na lacking lang ang faith or hindi talaga totoong christian… a lot of these guys would rather do that.. find fault sa nagqquestion sa kanila instead of having accountabilty why questions are being raised in th first place

totoo daw ba na mas malala pa mga athiest kesa sa demonyo , kasi daw ung demonyo naniniwalang may dyos , pero ung mga athiest hindi naniniwala hahahahah

totoo daw ba na mas malala pa mga athiest kesa sa demonyo , kasi daw ung demonyo naniniwalang may dyos , pero ung mga athiest hindi naniniwala hahahahah
Ung gantong mindset ung mga naniniwala na ang pagiging believer nila eh makes them better than others…

true at the moment kasi new evidences may still arrive hehe that would either support or falsify
this only applies to people who believe in God's existence, God in his word has orchestrated an entity called "demon" , so to believe in demons you must believe in God first kaya not applicable talaga ito for atheists

Last edited: