What's new

Trivia Why is it that the more educated a person is, the less likely they are to believe in God?

plhbg1

Forum Master
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
Atheists:
Because the more educated a person is, the more likely it is for them to respect facts due to them being able to think critically and only accept claims supported by evidence.
No gods have ever met their burden of proof. None. Zero. Fact.
So, why would any educated ãdül† be convinced any gods exist? Magic is not real. All religious claims of any gods existing are ignorant, naive and fallacious.
Religion is an asylum of ignorance in which you are your own jailer.

Agnostics:
Nonetheless, it is as impossible to prove the existence of a God as it is to prove the non-existence of a God.
Believing in God and believing with certainty that there is no God are exactly as ridiculous as each other.
Failing to believe in God is not the same as believing there is no God.

what do you think? hehe

Kung madesciper mu lang sana ang bawat lahi at kung saan ang lahat nagsimula sa pinakamallim na panahon hanggang ngayon .. lahat sa mundong ito hindi ka mahihirapan na unawain ,..

Atheist ako, pero this is not true. Being educated does not reduce the proclivity to Religion. In fact, if a religious person becomes educated, and becomes successful, he/she will attribute this to God. Sometimes this people are also more discreet about their faith because of the conflicts on their studies and their faith. They have two different personas.

But I think there is a correlation factor that makes your claim intuitively correct. Religiosity is more rampant to peoples in poorer situation. Teachings of religions specially Christianity has a high appeal to to the "poor and the weak". Poorer people can usually only access subpar schools, or no school at all. Thus, people who have high faith and low education is created.

This is just a hunch btw.

In fact, if a religious person becomes educated, and becomes successful, he/she will attribute this to God.
i would agree with you only on the context where "educated" refers to education on paper
in my life i get more knowledge from my experiences than what a formal schooling can give
Kung madesciper mu lang sana ang bawat lahi at kung saan ang lahat nagsimula sa pinakamallim na panahon hanggang ngayon .. lahat sa mundong ito hindi ka mahihirapan na unawain ,..
so paano pala yung pag decipher boss?

Last edited:
i would agree with you only on the context where "educated" refers to education on paper
in my life i get more knowledge from my experiences than what a formal schooling can give

Ah ganun ba? Hindi mo nman nilinaw..

So now your claim is "the more life experiences the less religious"?

Lalong mas mali yata. Yung mga matatanda mas maraming life experiences, pero mas atheist ba sila?

I think I am certain what you meant by "education" in the beginning is academic knowledge. Science to be exact.

Ah ganun ba? Hindi mo nman nilinaw..

So now your claim is "the more life experiences the less religious"?

Lalong mas mali yata. Yung mga matatanda mas maraming life experiences, pero mas atheist ba sila?

I think I am certain what you meant by "education" in the beginning is academic knowledge. Science to be exact.
i created the thread but these are quoted lines of someone else so kasali din ako dito as commenter to the openning post, we don't know what the original speaker meant so we just discuss all the possible meanings/contexts

yung mga matatanda have lots of experiences, but learning is a skill, walang magagawa yung experiences if we don't have the learning skills required to extract the knowledge out

for me, educated refers to someone that has attained metacognition (analyzing your own analysis) on the context of life, on politics area i still recognize educated as education on paper

but i guess the original speakers meant it as education on paper due to religion being accepted more on the weaker populace

Last edited:
God is real and the way how we prove that He exist are not enough because "He is God". He is higher than us therefore, if you are expecting God to be defined by us (Physically), then you are expecting that God is weak because He gets affected by those things (Physical/Matter/Time). He is God because HE IS! He is not affected by those. Whether what aspect or things you remove He will still exist.

Gusto ko sana magbasa kaso diko maintindihan hahaha
Believer. It's okay because religion is not the key to life but only in Him.

May religion lang para malaman kung ano pamantasan mo the way you obey God. You can solo flight believing in God pero mas maganda kasi kung may guide ka na mag eexplain sayo if may scriptures kang hindi maintindihan o kaya mali ang pagkakaintindi.

God is real and the way how we prove that He exist are not enough because "He is God". He is higher than us therefore, if you are expecting God to be defined by us (Physically), then you are expecting that God is weak because He gets affected by those things (Physical/Matter/Time). He is God because HE IS! He is not affected by those. Whether what aspect or things you remove He will still exist.
hehe is he really the only option to be the one that is god? Animals and plants can also be gods. Even us can also be gods. There is no god is an option as well. But you rejected all other options/possibilities because you want a god that's powerful and more fitting to be called god as what the world has defined a "god", after all it is your idea of god that you'd like to pursue just like the god that is introduced by the bible

Last edited:
Is pascal's wager reasonable?
the wager did not intend to prove god's existence, it only explains that believing god is the better choice over not believing at all so it actually promoted false belief and did not specify either as to which god to believe adding more confusion hehe

the wager did not intend to prove god's existence,
-Don't worry about proving. I think it is God's initiative to reveal Himself.
it only explains that believing god is the better choice over not believing at all
-it's better? then why is it reasonable to choose the later
so it actually promoted false belief
-what belief? because you are not being truthful to the god you've chosen?
Proverbs 1:7 tells us: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
and did not specify either as to which god to believe adding more confusion hehe
-i guess choosing a god was not part of the wager.
But the wise will find Him. Test the faith, the teaching, the founder if it aligns with the truth/good/righteousness stick with it. Educated people can make good judgment.

Science is truth. As a believer i accept it. Religion can believe in Scientific truths.
Proverbs 24:5 A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might,

-it's better? then why is it reasonable to choose the later
very common lang yung answer ni wager: ala naman mawawala or kung meron man apaka minor hehe
-what belief? because you are not being truthful to the god you've chosen?
Proverbs 1:7 tells us: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
it encourages belief on something not proven on grounds of better choice hehe
But the wise will find Him. Test the faith, the teaching, the founder if it aligns with the truth/good/righteousness
Educated people can make good judgment.
the would mean there's no educated atheist hehe
Science is truth. As a believer i accept it. Religion can believe in Scientific truths.
Proverbs 24:5 A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might,
ahaha so for you big bang is true? evolution is true?

very common lang yung answer ni wager: ala naman mawawala or kung meron man apaka minor hehe
-parang meron po mawawala kung tama basa ko sa answer nya. pero kung tama kayo na walang diyos win win naman lahat tayo :)
it encourages belief on something not proven on grounds of better choice hehe
-kung proof po hanap wala po talaga si pascal mahirap po yan kasi yun po pinakacore value ng faith(science na rin po tawag sa kanya kung everything needs proof di faith). Better choice nga lang. bahala na pipili
the would mean there's no educated atheist hehe
-we both know that is not what i mean.
ahaha so for you big bang is true? evolution is true?
-oo explaining HOW He created it doesn't eliminate WHY/WHO/WHAT created it and made it happen. Scientific theories will remain true as long as they pass the test of time. As long as not proven wrong i will believe with these Scientific theories. The bible is a book of faith not a Scientific paper.

Last edited:
-we both know that is not what i mean.
it means you need some explaining how on earth only educated can make a good judgement (choose god) and both theists and atheists are a mixture of educated and uneducated
-oo explaining HOW he created it doesn't eliminate WHY/WHO/WHAT created it and made it happen. Scientific theories will remain true as long as they past the test of time. As long as not proven wrong i will believe with these Scientific theories. The bible is a book of faith not a Scientific paper.
the theories did not even claim they are true, the big bang only tells that if we extrapolate this cosmic expansion backwards in time using the known laws of physics, the models will describe an increasingly concentrated cosmos preceded by a singularity in which space and time lose meaning (typically named "the Big Bang singularity").

mahilig lang talaga ang mga theists sa belief belief kaya pati na yung not intended to be believed ay pinapaniwalaan na din hehe

and did not specify either as to which god to believe adding more confusion hehe
But the wise will find Him. Test the faith, the teaching, the founder if it aligns with the truth/good/righteousness stick with it. Educated people can make good judgment.

malilito po kung alin diyos? sabi ko po kung pipili man ang educated di po sya macoconfuse. may educated theist din po. di na po sya atheist kung pumili sya.

Scientific theories are different from theories lang. These are often tested and challenged to proved which one is most likely true.

Last edited:

malilito po kung alin diyos? sabi ko po kung pipili man ang educated di po sya macoconfuse. may educated theist din po. di na po sya atheist kung pumili sya.
that would make the unconfused illiterates look like educated after choosing a god hehe
Scientific theories are different from theories lang. These are often tested and challenged to proved which one is most likely true.
alright i get it, you mean truth as most likely true and that makes sense now