What's new

Trivia Why don't atheists just start believing in God so they can go to heaven?

plhbg1

Forum Master
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
Here is a meme:
main-qimg-a52292f7dc125aa361d59b1eb36cc00d-lq.jpg

What do you think? hehe

Attachments

kasi mas maigting ang labanan between atheist and theist, sa agnostics kasi (which is my actual stand) ala masyadong maipaglalaban dun hehe
ahhh.. a/theism kasi is a battle of belief vs non-belief…

And ur attaching ang atheism sa topics mo because walang maipaglalaban sino?? Atheists or agnostics??

Hahaha ayus yan

Bat pala puro atheist are topics mo Ts??
Anti-theist atheist kasi tlga yan sya. Agnostic ung label na sinasabi nya kasi un ung stand ng mga sikat na scientist - whom, sinasabi lng yan para ambiguous sa public ang religion nila.

Last edited:
ahhh.. a/theism kasi is a battle of belief vs non-belief…

And ur attaching ang atheism sa topics mo because walang maipaglalaban sino?? Atheists or agnostics??
agnostics ang walang maipaglaban kasi waiting in line lang si agnostics kung sino sa dalawa (theist/atheist) ang maunang makapag bigay ng evidence at automatic aanib lang si agnostic, parang porgatoryo ba hehe
Anti-theist atheist kasi tlga yan sya. Agnostic ung label na sinasabi nya kasi un ung stand ng mga sikat na scientist - whom, sinasabi lng yan para ambiguous sa public ang religion nila.
equally mali yung atheist with theist, so if atheist ako i will tag myself as reformed atheist since di ako agree sa doctrine ng lumang atheism that there is no god, unknowns yung pino-promote ko eh so anything na nagbibigay sagot dun sa unknowns ay against ako

Last edited:
Hahaha ganon ba… ako im not very particular kung anong label a scientist identifies with..ke theist, atheist or agnostic man..i focus more on what they can prove and less on what they believe in..

eto lang si TS ang kaiba lang sa kanya minsan eh sya na naglalagay kung ano ibig sabihin ng atheism for other people… like this:
agnostics ang walang maipaglaban kasi waiting in line lang si agnostics kung sino sa dalawa (theist/atheist) ang maunang makapag bigay ng evidence at automatic aanib lang si agnostic, parang porgatoryo ba hehe

equally mali yung atheist with theist, so if atheist ako i will tag myself as reformed atheist since di ako agree sa doctrine ng lumang atheism that there is no god, unknowns yung pino-promote ko eh so anything na nagbibigay sagot dun sa unknowns ay against ako
evidence of what ang kailangang iprovide ng atheist?? the non-existent of god?? thats not what atheism is to begin with...sure some atheists to some degree will say that NO GOD EXISTS...most just simply have the absence of belief in any or all deities...im with the latter...and kung may atheist na nagsasabi na they KNOW for a fact that no god exists then I will ask him to prove that claim as well...

evidence of what ang kailangang iprovide ng atheist?? the non-existent of god?? thats not what atheism is to begin with...sure some atheists to some degree will say that NO GOD EXISTS...most just simply have the absence of belief in any or all deities...im with the latter...and kung may atheist na nagsasabi na they KNOW for a fact that no god exists then I will ask him to prove that claim as well...
yeah kaya agnostic is supposedly atheism in terms of the so-called absence of belief

and kung may atheist na nagsasabi na they KNOW for a fact that no god exists then I will ask him to prove that claim as well...
Ang position nmn ng theism at atheism is they believe even without proof. Pag sinabi mo kasi i am "agnostic". Ibig sabihin lang nyan "existence of god cannot be proven or disproven"... which is only a statement of fact, but not of belief. It can go both ways:
-i believe in god unless disproven
-i dont believe in god unless proven

Logically speaking, theist and atheist lng din ang mga agnostic. Kahit nmn wala ung term na "agnostic".

"existence of god cannot be proven or disproven"... which is only a statement of fact, but not of belief.
fact? how did you do your calculations to be able to know that god cannot be proven/disproven forever and ever? amen? hehe the only fact is god not proven/disproven as of this time of writing

fact? how did you do your calculations to be able to know that god cannot be proven/disproven forever and ever? amen? hehe the only fact is god not proven/disproven as of this time of writing
A fact of what it is true right now. That it cannot be proven and disproven. Kasi kung iniisip mo na mapprove yan sa future, hindi ba statement na yan ng belief?

A fact of what it is true right now. That it cannot be proven and disproven. Kasi kung iniisip mo na mapprove yan sa future, hindi ba statement na yan ng belief?
it is unknown whether proofs emerge in the future, using the word "can" includes the future especially if walang "as of now"

it is unknown whether proofs emerge in the future, using the word "can" includes the future especially if walang "as of now"
So are you saying you are disputing the definition of "agnostic" itself?
Screenshot_20230206_063455_Google.jpg

Seems like you just want to bend meaning of all the words just to fit your reality. Kung disagree ka sa agnosticsm sana hindi ka nlng nag claim na agnostic ka.

Attachments

So are you saying you are disputing the definition of "agnostic" itself?
View attachment 2508013
Seems like you just want to bend meaning of all the words just to fit your reality. Kung disagree ka sa agnosticsm sana hindi ka nlng nag claim na agnostic ka.
nothing is true with what i say or else you have to believe in me, they are only the closest words i can think that best describes my stand, so if i say i am agnostic you have to pay attention on how i describe the claim and not the claim itself, if you have got some other word to best describe my stand i would be so happy to replace the agnostic since it's a disposable one

nothing is true with what i say or else you have to believe in me, they are only the closest words i can think that best describes my stand, so if i say i am agnostic you have to pay attention on how i describe the claim and not the claim itself, if you have got some other word to best describe my stand i would be so happy to replace the agnostic since it's a disposable one
This is not specifically about "you".
I'm am just clarifying the common misconception about "agnosticsm", that it is a "middle ground" of some sort, between atheism and theism, which it is not. You can only be a theist or an atheist. People just tend to add "agnostic" on top of that, to avoid the negative connotation that comes with the "theist" or "atheist" label, but in reality they are either of the two. And people who say they are "agnostic" dont usually involve themself in pro or anti religion debates.

Better label for your stance? See post #5.

Agnosticsm is actually the weakest stance because of lack of assertiveness. They hide in the percieved ambiguity of the word "agnostic", to be exempted from scrutiny of beliefs. And that does not include you. Because you are way too assertive as an atheist to claim "undecided". There no sincerity everytime you say "agnostic ako".

Last edited:
This is not specifically about "you".
I'm am just clarifying the common misconception about "agnosticsm", that it is a "middle ground" of some sort, between atheism and theism, which it is not. You can only be a theist or an atheist. People just tend to add "agnostic" on top of that, to avoid the negative connotation that comes with the "theist" or "atheist" label, but in reality they are either of the two. And people who say they are "agnostic" dont usually involve themself in pro or anti religion debates.

Better label for your stance? See post #5.

Agnosticsm is actually the weakest stance because of lack of assertiveness. They hide in the percieved ambiguity of the word "agnostic", to be exempted from scrutiny of beliefs. And that does not include you. Because you are way too assertive as an atheist to claim "undecided". There no sincerity everytime you say "agnostic ako".
you assumed that i chose to be an agnostic so i am bound to do whatever meaning that is stipulated on that word hehe you are very wrong, i have just chosen agnostic as the closest word and i don't have to do the meaning of it, i am not a follower of whatever meaning agnostic has, i choose it as the closest, i am not included in whatever persons you are discussing who are obliged to follow agnosticism, i don't follow agnosticism especially the meaning you showed so you cannot accuse me of disobeying the doctrine of agnosticism, like i've said if you have some word closest to my stand i would be very happy to discard the agnostic tag

Ang position nmn ng theism at atheism is they believe even without proof. Pag sinabi mo kasi i am "agnostic". Ibig sabihin lang nyan "existence of god cannot be proven or disproven"... which is only a statement of fact, but not of belief. It can go both ways:
-i believe in god unless disproven
-i dont believe in god unless proven

Logically speaking, theist and atheist lng din ang mga agnostic. Kahit nmn wala ung term na "agnostic".
Thats what ive been trying to tell him… a/gnosticism deals with knowledge or the lack there of… a/theism however deals with the belief or lack of it…

So i dont agree with u na atheism is a belief without proof.. atheism is just simply non-belief…atleast thats how i define my atheism

Sa last part yes i agree with u..an agnostic regardless of what they know or dont know they have a belief or non-belief…

yeah kaya agnostic is supposedly atheism in terms of the so-called absence of belief
Like it have been pointed out to you many times by many users…an agnostic can also be an atheist or a theist…u can be an agnostic theist or agnostic atheist..

U seem to have this idea that agnosticism is somehow an updated version of atheism…

Last edited:
So i dont agree with u na atheism is a belief without proof.. atheism is just simply non-belief…atleast thats how i define my atheism
Your definition, i can get on board with that. Syempre sa stance ng atheism typically, wala kasi sakanila (or satin) ang burden of proof, so proof is not even in any cosideration.