What's new

Trivia Why didn't God give animals souls?

plhbg1

Forum Master
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
Answer #1:
How do you know that he didn’t?
I believe that a mosquito has as much right to a soul as a human does, and that if humans have a soul, so do all other creatures.
I actually don’t believe that anything has a ‘soul.’

Answer #2:
I’m an atheist.
Basically, I don’t believe that I have a soul.
More accurately, I believe that “soul” is just a word that we use to describe consciousness and our hope that it outlasts the body.

In the words of Jedi Master Yoda:
Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter.
It’s a nice thought, but I don’t believe it.
The human mind is the side effect of the electrochemical operation of the human brain.

Aswer #3:
He did. Just because we paint ourselves up and try and act sophisticated, that doesn't mean that we aren't animals ourselves.

Everything has a soul even the planet we live on.
The soul, after all , is just energy and energy is at the core of everything in creation.

Last edited:
If we strictly define soul like those who are superstitious who imagines it like a ghost, which will be thrown to hell or sent to heaven AFTER death, obviously that is something that i do not believe as an atheist.

Pero pwede natin kasi natin sabihin and view philosophically that "soul" is more like the imprint we leave behind as we interact with the world. The collective memory of the people we love and the lives we changed.

We can argue all day that a footprint is nothing but the material it is made on, but as humans, we can't help but recognize what a footprint mean and that it exists right there.