What's new

What is the difference between Thanos and God?

Kaplok Kaplok

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
Josh_Brolin_as_Thanos.jpeg

Thanos does not really enjoy making the subject suffer during his genocide, so he just snapped them out of existence quick and painless. He had no bias, and is impartial on who should un-exist, favoring no one. He knew he was a villain, and did not compel the survivors to praise him after it (even if he can pick those who will). It is enough for him that the remaining survivors have enough resources in the universe to go around, even sacrificing his daughter along the process.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanos operates on a principle of "mercy killing". He believes that the universe's resources are finite, and in order to protect it, half of all life needs to be eradicated. This amounts to genocide on a universal level, and he is willing to sacrifice anything and anyone - including those he loves - to achieve this.

God, on the other hand, is typically seen in religious beliefs as a being who cherishes life and possesses an unconditional love for His creations. Many religions teach that God values peace, justice, compassion, love, and wants His creations to treat each other likewise. In essence, the principle that most concepts of God operate on is typically the promotion of life, love, and goodness.

The principles of Thanos largely involve sacrifice and destruction in pursuit of what he perceives as balance, while the principles associated with God typically involve love, kindness, and the flourishing of life.

"Life is TOUGH but I don't give a shit because I know I am AWESOME"
꧁•⊹٭ 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐒𝐔 ٭⊹•꧂
Copy-of-Soul-Calibre.png