What's new

Closed Totoo ba ang aral na pagliligtas sa pamamagitan lamang ng pananampalataya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with this, your are not saved by doing good works, cause if that is the case salvation is not of grace anymore. Eph. 2:8 is very clear with this. Good works are fruit of that genuine faith which our Lord Jesus Christ gave from the foundation of the world.
Faith alone na paniniwala malaking panliligaw sa kapwa yan 🤔

The thief on the cross
James 2:17

So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
i agree, it's because not all faith can save, meaning not all kinds of faith is genuine, FAITH IN CHRIST alone can save, and if one claims that he has this faith it will manifest in his actions and in his life. He will not live the way he live before God transformed him, the old has gone and the new has come (2 cor 5:17). No amount of good works can save. I dont deny that a true believer should perform good works, whats wrong with this view is that we are trying to equate faith and works, No. James is very clear that FAITH should have fruits which is good works, NOT faith and works in order to attain salvation. Take for example the thief on the cross, Christ promise him salvation, did you see him do good works before Christ save him?
And we should also remember that good works is not limited on on doing something for your neigbour, praying is good works, reading the bible and meditating upon it is good works, let us not FORCE our self in doing good works for it will come naturally if we really have that saving faith in Christ. we hate hypocrisy right?

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1Cor 10:31

The thief on the cross

i agree, it's because not all faith can save, meaning not all kinds of faith is genuine, FAITH IN CHRIST alone can save, and if one claims that he has this faith it will manifest in his actions and in his life. He will not live the way he live before God transformed him, the old has gone and the new has come (2 cor 5:17). No amount of good works can save. I dont deny that a true believer should perform good works, whats wrong with this view is that we are trying to equate faith and works, No. James is very clear that FAITH should have fruits which is good works, NOT faith and works in order to attain salvation. Take for example the thief on the cross, Christ promise him salvation, did you see him do good works before Christ save him?
And we should also remember that good works is not limited on on doing something for your neigbour, praying is good works, reading the bible and meditating upon it is good works, let us not FORCE our self in doing good works for it will come naturally if we really have that saving faith in Christ. we hate hypocrisy right?

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1Cor 10:31
Saan mababasa sa bible ang Faith alone na makakapagligtas?

Miz_Me
tortak

Pareho kayong tama. Hindi lang yata kayo nagkakaintindihan. Yan din dapat sasabihin ko yung tungkol sa Thief on the Cross.
Faith in Christ alone can save you. Yes, para siguro ito sa mga new believer at hindi na nagkaroon ng chance para i-manifest nila with GOod Works yung Faith nila. kagaya nalang siguro nung mga taong nasa ospital at malapit na mamatay. In the end, nagsisi sila at nagbalik loob sila sa Diyos, Save sila sure ako don.

Pero dagdag ko lang na dapat po ang Faith ay may kalakip na Baptism.
Jesus and Nicodemus
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:47
"Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have." Acts 10:48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

My point here is. If you are a Christian/Believer and when you had the chance to be Baptize in water and Spirit or to do Good Works but didn't do it. Your FAITH is DEAD.

Miz_Me
tortak

Pareho kayong tama. Hindi lang yata kayo nagkakaintindihan. Yan din dapat sasabihin ko yung tungkol sa Thief on the Cross.
Faith in Christ alone can save you. Yes, para siguro ito sa mga new believer at hindi na nagkaroon ng chance para i-manifest nila with GOod Works yung Faith nila. kagaya nalang siguro nung mga taong nasa ospital at malapit na mamatay. In the end, nagsisi sila at nagbalik loob sila sa Diyos, Save sila sure ako don.

Pero dagdag ko lang na dapat po ang Faith ay may kalakip na Baptism.
Jesus and Nicodemus
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:47
"Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have." Acts 10:48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

My point here is. If you are a Christian/Believer and when you had the chance to be Baptize in water and Spirit or to do Good Works but didn't do it. Your FAITH is DEAD.
I agree with you brother(y)

faith alone can save... yung kay James that is practical faith. the genuine faith always produces fruits... and that is good works. faith alone can save that is the principle in the bible and the product of saving faith is a working faith

Status
Not open for further replies.