What's new

Shame on this President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent article by By: Solita Collas-Monsod
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Reader, we have a President who has been described as “bastos,” “sinungaling,” “mamamatay-tao,” vindictive, a misogynist and a blasphemer. And that is the least of it. There is also the charge that he is practically handing over the Philippines to China under several pretexts—showing an independent foreign policy, getting on the good side of a major international player, taking advantage of the benefits that China can give, etc.

The label “de facto dictator” has also been used, mainly because of his control of the legislature and the Supreme Court, which have practically abdicated their powers to him, and the fact that he has been allowed to abuse his powers by using government entities and agencies to go after his critics and to help his friends (Bong Go, Bato dela Rosa).

That is not all. Of late, a certain “Bikoy” has connected his family to drugs. If this allegation is true, and the burden of proof is still with this “Bikoy,” it would make a mockery of his war on drugs, and explain why the big ones get away. The more malicious souls opine that the drug factories here are destroyed so foreign suppliers can have a field day. I do not subscribe to this notion.

On the other hand, he has been credited as presiding over the tax reform program (TRAIN), vetoing some truly egregious portions of it; the rice tariffication law; the free tuition policy at the tertiary education level; making Filipinos feel safer in their neighborhoods because of the elimination of drug addicts and “istambays” (never mind how). Also, vetoing the portions of the 2019 national budget that were obviously pork barrel. My husband Christian, who lawyers pro bono for farmers, also has high praise for how the Philippine National Police under Gen. Oscar Albayalde has been most receptive to their requests for assistance and protection.

So there you have it, the pluses and the minuses in a nutshell. I invite you, Reader, to add or subtract to the list above, and weigh them to see whether on the whole, he is a net positive or a net negative for the Philippines.

I have weighed them (helped by data from the Philippine Statistics Authority’s StatDev that show how he has performed against his own Philippine Development Plan, and my students in development economics), and have found President Duterte wanting. I, therefore, will vote against his cronies and those he supports in this coming midterm elections because it is crucial that there be more checks and balances in place over the next three years of his administration, to try to minimize the losses, or maximize the gains, if you will.

My name, Reader, has been included in that infamous matrix that supposedly identifies those who want to oust President Duterte and conveniently connects them to the “Bikoy” videos. You must have noticed, Reader, that the media organizations they implicate happen to be among the most highly respected organizations—PCIJ, Rappler, Vera Files—in the Philippines, respected because their conclusions are always evidence-based, with transparency as to their methodology.

And where did that matrix come from? According to presidential spokesperson Sal Panelo, it came from the President himself. And since it came from the President, it must be true. What kind of logic is that? Especially considering that the President has been caught out in public with glaring inaccuracies—which are excused as “he was only joking.” Did his intelligence agencies give him that matrix? None has come out to admit their participation. So I can only conclude, more logically than Sal, that it must be the product of the President’s fertile imagination. Good grief.

I state for the record (I originally did not want to dignify that matrix with a statement) that I have never participated in any “oust Digong” movement. Why should I be interested in the outcome of the elections if I was part of a plot to oust him? He included me probably because I am a member of the Rappler board.

And probably because I have criticized him more often than I have praised him. But that isn’t my fault. That is his. I merely call it as I see it—not from the top of my head, but after doing my homework. Which is what he should be doing, shame on him.

Kung yong mga namumuno sa EU yong gawin mong presidente ng PH sa palagay mo my ma iiba kaya ? nasa ugali ng tao yan. kasi tayo walang disiplina .. bob0
Wala yan sa disiplina kundi nasa kultura. Utak third world mga Pilipino. Puro karahasan at paghihiganti ang alam. Walang nareresolba ang karahasan.

Hindi pa ako nakukulong. Ni hindi pa nga ako nakakamatay ng hayop kahit lamok. Naniniwala lang talaga ako sa human rights at liberalism.
Iba po kasi ang batas na pinapa implement ng Tao, (capital punishment, is when a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. or You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. executes (kills) someone). Throughout human history, governments and rulers have used many death penalty methods to execute people.
sadly nag report na ako kay sir Draft about dito sa member na ito kahit hate speech na yung "article" nya kuno pero sabi lang ni sir kung hindi naman daw toxic yung post ok lang daw. sa tingin nyo hindi parin toxic to? usapang tricks and about gadgets to hindi sa politics pero wala parin eh, try nyo mag report ulit baka sakaling mapansin kapag marami nang nag rereport.
Ayos lang naman, nasa Current Events section sya eh.... Dapat nya ding panindigan kung ano yung ginawa nyang thread na ayon sa kanya ay excellent, samantalang ito ay opinion ng iba :ROFLMAO:

Parang ganto lang yan e. Sa kabilang riles andun ung mga adik/kriminal/rapist o kung ano pa, tapos sa kabilang riles andun naman ung mga inosenteng tao pero dahil sa human rights na yan mas iniisip nyo pa hayaan pagala gala ang kriminal pagkatapos ng kaso nila. Hindi rin maganda o ok ang shoot to kill o patayan, suggest ko lang Sana ang mga kriminal na 3 balik na sa kulungan ay hatulan na Sana ng life imprisonment o death penalty.

Tsaka Sana bigyan naman ng mga Aquino ung mga magsasaka nila sa hacienda luisita ng lupa.

puro ka reklamo 😂
Kung hindi pa naging presidenti c duterte c queen delima kaya naka kulong ngaun? hayop protektor pala ng druglord hahaha...sa panahon ni aquino ang mga rugby boy nag kalat...ang biktima ng yolanda halos karamihan ng donation binulsa...grabe dba
Kayo lng naman ang maniniwalang protektor ng mga drug lord si delima e. Hindi naman un napatunayan sa korte. Ikinulong un dahil vocal critic sya ni Duterte at iniimbestigahan nya si Duterte sa involvement sa DDS nung mayor pa xa.

Kayo lng naman ang maniniwalang protektor ng mga drug lord si delima e. Hindi naman un napatunayan sa korte. Ikinulong un dahil vocal critic sya ni Duterte at iniimbestigahan nya si Duterte sa involvement sa DDS nung mayor pa xa.
we saw it on live tv ..boss .. noong ni raid ang Bilibid diba madaming nakuha ? tapos anong nang yari kay sebastian ? diba balak syang patayin sa loob kasi mag sasalita sya tungkol kay delima ? comeon

Wala yan sa disiplina kundi nasa kultura. Utak third world mga Pilipino. Puro karahasan at paghihiganti ang alam. Walang nareresolba ang karahasan.
Mabuti at hindi ka Pilipino fabbriche :ROFLMAO: kahit anong kultura pa yan at klase ng utak, kung walang kontrabida sa gustong proactive at strict implementation ng mga batas walang problema, eh ang kaso nga kasi kapag hindi papabor sa iilan ay babatikusin. SANA yung pagiging proactive nila ngayon (opposition) ay ginawa nila nung mga panahon na may pagkakataon sila sa Gobyerno:ROFLMAO: parang yung post lang nila awinahe asan ba sila nung panahon ng previous admin, ganito din ba sila kaaktibo?

para ka naman Hunghang, diba nag hearing sa senado yan akusasyon mo, anyare kay Matobato at lascanas? alam ko kung ano nangyari? wala., gamitin naman sana un pag iisip wag muna damdamin, napaghahalata ka talagang Hipokrito eh, at bayaran..

aano kaya yung Shabo Lab at talamak na Shabu sa bilibid habang si Delima ang nakaupo doon? hahaha anu yun ?

ok naman na presidente si DU30 ang panget lang naging tuta tayo ng CHina haha....
Kasi mahirap pag china ang binangga natin. It would be a wise decision of the president to not to attempt any kind of force retaliation towrds china. Mag isip naman tayo paminsan minsan ang laki ng china may nuclear yan pilipinas dinamita lang sinung dihado pag nagkaroon ng gyera?

Iba po kasi ang batas na pinapa implement ng Tao, (capital punishment, is when a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. or You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. executes (kills) someone). Throughout human history, governments and rulers have used many death penalty methods to execute people.

Ayos lang naman, nasa Current Events section sya eh.... Dapat nya ding panindigan kung ano yung ginawa nyang thread na ayon sa kanya ay excellent, samantalang ito ay opinion ng iba :ROFLMAO:
Hindi na applicable ang death penalty ngaung 21st century. Karamihan ng mga bansa sa buong mundo nag abolish na ng death penalty. Mga authoritarian regimes na lang ang may death penalty pa rin. Barbaric ang death penalty. Walang katapatan ang estadong bumawi ng buhay ng kahit sino. Labag sya sa principles ng human rights, liberalism at democracy.

Kasi mahirap pag china ang binangga natin. It would be a wise decision of the president to not to attempt any kind of force retaliation towrds china. Mag isip naman tayo paminsan minsan ang laki ng china may nuclear yan pilipinas dinamita lang sinung dihado pag nagkaroon ng gyera?
Makaka alis naman daw sila dito pag nagkagyera e. Iiwan lang nila tayong mga hampas lupa na lumaban sa bayan natin haha.

Sabi nga ng isang radio commentator i could not specifically spell out his correct name. Dbali. Sabi niya kung ang lahat ng chinese citizens popontabg pilipinas at mag gigingil mawawala sa mapa ang pilinas. Dna an nalang niya sa joke ang posibling mangyari pag china binangga natin.

Status
Not open for further replies.