What's new

Shame on this President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent article by By: Solita Collas-Monsod
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Reader, we have a President who has been described as “bastos,” “sinungaling,” “mamamatay-tao,” vindictive, a misogynist and a blasphemer. And that is the least of it. There is also the charge that he is practically handing over the Philippines to China under several pretexts—showing an independent foreign policy, getting on the good side of a major international player, taking advantage of the benefits that China can give, etc.

The label “de facto dictator” has also been used, mainly because of his control of the legislature and the Supreme Court, which have practically abdicated their powers to him, and the fact that he has been allowed to abuse his powers by using government entities and agencies to go after his critics and to help his friends (Bong Go, Bato dela Rosa).

That is not all. Of late, a certain “Bikoy” has connected his family to drugs. If this allegation is true, and the burden of proof is still with this “Bikoy,” it would make a mockery of his war on drugs, and explain why the big ones get away. The more malicious souls opine that the drug factories here are destroyed so foreign suppliers can have a field day. I do not subscribe to this notion.

On the other hand, he has been credited as presiding over the tax reform program (TRAIN), vetoing some truly egregious portions of it; the rice tariffication law; the free tuition policy at the tertiary education level; making Filipinos feel safer in their neighborhoods because of the elimination of drug addicts and “istambays” (never mind how). Also, vetoing the portions of the 2019 national budget that were obviously pork barrel. My husband Christian, who lawyers pro bono for farmers, also has high praise for how the Philippine National Police under Gen. Oscar Albayalde has been most receptive to their requests for assistance and protection.

So there you have it, the pluses and the minuses in a nutshell. I invite you, Reader, to add or subtract to the list above, and weigh them to see whether on the whole, he is a net positive or a net negative for the Philippines.

I have weighed them (helped by data from the Philippine Statistics Authority’s StatDev that show how he has performed against his own Philippine Development Plan, and my students in development economics), and have found President Duterte wanting. I, therefore, will vote against his cronies and those he supports in this coming midterm elections because it is crucial that there be more checks and balances in place over the next three years of his administration, to try to minimize the losses, or maximize the gains, if you will.

My name, Reader, has been included in that infamous matrix that supposedly identifies those who want to oust President Duterte and conveniently connects them to the “Bikoy” videos. You must have noticed, Reader, that the media organizations they implicate happen to be among the most highly respected organizations—PCIJ, Rappler, Vera Files—in the Philippines, respected because their conclusions are always evidence-based, with transparency as to their methodology.

And where did that matrix come from? According to presidential spokesperson Sal Panelo, it came from the President himself. And since it came from the President, it must be true. What kind of logic is that? Especially considering that the President has been caught out in public with glaring inaccuracies—which are excused as “he was only joking.” Did his intelligence agencies give him that matrix? None has come out to admit their participation. So I can only conclude, more logically than Sal, that it must be the product of the President’s fertile imagination. Good grief.

I state for the record (I originally did not want to dignify that matrix with a statement) that I have never participated in any “oust Digong” movement. Why should I be interested in the outcome of the elections if I was part of a plot to oust him? He included me probably because I am a member of the Rappler board.

And probably because I have criticized him more often than I have praised him. But that isn’t my fault. That is his. I merely call it as I see it—not from the top of my head, but after doing my homework. Which is what he should be doing, shame on him.

Un na nga ang problema. Palamura na nga hindi pa matinong mamuno. Kahit kelan hindi matinong gawain ang pagpatay kahit pa sa kriminal. Kung di mo alam, inaabolish na ng mga bansa sa mundo ang death penalty.
or kung my ate kaman o kapatid na babae eh ma rape .tignan natin kung masabe mo payan

Un na nga ang problema. Palamura na nga hindi pa matinong mamuno. Kahit kelan hindi matinong gawain ang pagpatay kahit pa sa kriminal. Kung di mo alam, inaabolish na ng mga bansa sa mundo ang death penalty.
sabi nga du30 okay lang mapunta sya sa hell basta tayo ay namumuhay sa paradise . ayaw mo un? gagoo kapala e..edi mamuhay ka kasama ng mga adik..

at di lahat ng adik pinapatay pina pa rehab po sila, kaso wala e ?

Naniniwala ako sa justice hindi vengeance. Mga imoral at maledukado lang ang susuporta sa extrajudicial at unlawful execution.
okay . di ko naman winiwish na masaksak ka or ma rape mga kapamilya mo nuh.. sana wag mangyari sayo yan..basta ikaw pa mismo mag rally at sumigaw ng death penalty

Administrasyon ni Pnoy ang may pinakamaraming naipakulong na corrupt politicians. Hindi maipakulong ni Duterte mga LP politicians kahit nanggagalaiti na sya sa galit sa mga un dahil walang maikaso dahil malinis ang record. Kaya ung mga walang kwentang kaso gaya ng amnesty, SALN at Dengvaxia ang inuungkat.

Panahon ni Duterte pinalaya ang mga nakakulong na mga pulitiko. Wala pang naipapakulong na corrupt na pulitiko kahit isa dahil kaalyado nyang lahat mga un. Duterte ayaw ipasilip bank account nya at ideklara tunay na SALN nya pero pinatalsik si Sereno dahil sa SALN? Sinong tunay na corrupt sa kanila?
Subukan mo kayang sabihin sa mga magulang at pamilya na biktima ng Dengvaxia na walang kwenta ang kaso iyon ayon sa kumento mo ngayon. Mas itinuon kasi sa mas mahahalagang bagay kesa pagaksayahan ng panahon na ipakulong yung mga corrupt na yun, at kahit man hindi sila makasuhan, may isang hukom pa din ang syang uusig sa kanila

Naniniwala ako sa justice hindi vengeance. Mga imoral at maledukado lang ang susuporta sa extrajudicial at unlawful execution.
so pag nirape pala yung 6 or 7 or 10 mong anak na babae okay lang sayo? Kasi dapat hindi pinapatay ang rapist? Kasi magbabago pa sila? Hindi ka mag tatanim ng saka ng loob bagkus hahayaan mo lang sya mabuhay? At makita ng anak mo yung nang rape sa kanya? Pano pa kaya kung nirape na nga pinatay pa???? Wait ko answer mo

binasa ko kaso inquirer pala, diba kakabalita lng nila kahapon ung tungkol sa nagpanggap na security guard na member daw ng abu sayaf? kaso mali ung binalita nila na sa ATC daw pero nagsalita na mismo management ng atc na di sknila nagwowork ung taong un, so credible paba ang inquirer kapag ganyan mali2x sila magbigay ng balita 🤔

sabi nga du30 okay lang mapunta sya sa hell basta tayo ay namumuhay sa paradise . ayaw mo un? gagoo kapala e..edi mamuhay ka kasama ng mga adik..
Kung mapupunta si Duterte sa impyerno ibig sabihin masamang tao sya. Hindi pwedeng lumikha ng paraiso ang masamang tao. Isasama ka ni Duterte sa impyerno.

so pag nirape pala yung 6 or 7 or 10 mong anak na babae okay lang sayo? Kasi dapat hindi pinapatay ang rapist? Kasi magbabago pa sila? Hindi ka mag tatanim ng saka ng loob bagkus hahayaan mo lang sya mabuhay? At makita ng anak mo yung nang rape sa kanya? Pano pa kaya kung nirape na nga pinatay pa???? Wait ko answer mo
Hindi dapat pinapatay ang rapist. Ikinukulong un, nililitis at sinesetensyahan ng reclusion perpetua. Ang pumatay sa kriminal ay kriminal din. Wala kang pinagkaiba sa kanya.

Kung hindi pa naging presidenti c duterte c queen delima kaya naka kulong ngaun? hayop protektor pala ng druglord hahaha...sa panahon ni aquino ang mga rugby boy nag kalat...ang biktima ng yolanda halos karamihan ng donation binulsa...grabe dba

Hindi dapat pinapatay ang rapist. Ikinukulong un, nililitis at sinesetensyahan ng reclusion perpetua. Ang pumatay sa kriminal ay kriminal din. Wala kang pinagkaiba sa kanya.
nang laban sila eh . ano gusto mo ?my mamatay muna sa side ng police ?

Kung mapupunta si Duterte sa impyerno ibig sabihin masamang tao sya. Hindi pwedeng lumikha ng paraiso ang masamang tao. Isasama ka ni Duterte sa impyerno.
talaga? ang alam ko ang mapupunta sa impyerno un Mapagmalinis sa sarili, un Hipokrito ayon ang alam ko, sana di ka mapa sama dun.. i'll pray for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back