What's new

Closed Patulong naman, weird files sa c drive ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
So first my C drive was named as label I remember that I did not changed this.Next I got these weird files also in the C drive like in the C drive not in a folder in C, those were 25caed58e9e1c2c4f9259b9fec4c(empty folder),32A809DCD6BD(file),bootsqm.dat(DAT file),msdia80.dll(application extension). These files are really weird, I hope someone answers. I'm thinking this is a cause of a virus because I have a lot of apps installed in my laptop, but theese things appeared before I installed a lot of apps here. Again I hope someone answers and get y laptop fix.
Ps: I am advanced on using computers so if you some geeky things to do for me to fix my laptop I could do it. Thanks
Pps:Sorry, daming english cinopy ko lang kasi to sa kabilang forum na pinagtanongan ko, thanks ulit

25caed58e9e1c2c4f9259b9fec4c(empty folder)
Those are temporary folders used for a variety of purposes including Windows Update. They will usually be cleaned up on their own, or can be cleaned up manually with disk cleanup. I've seen them myself. Normally they're deleted after a bit though. Nothing to worry about.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

msdia80.dll(application extension)
msdia80.dll is present on your C: drive because you installed games on that drive. That particular .dll comes from Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package which some games will install because it is required to run those particular games. I would advise AGAINST deleting it, as deleting that file may make some of your games unplayable. ax64 time machine did not create the file.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

bootsqm.dat(DAT file),
This file is created after the chkdsk tool completes. It is safe to delete it.

Dito na forum ka pala nag post paps nice :):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back