What's new

Tutorial Notion R281 OpenWrt Test Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di ba makikita yung mga GPIO sa old na openwrt firmware?
I think there was a script on the openwrt forum that finds the GPIO automatically.

Baka free kasi openwrt is open source naman.
kila jhowel daw 1k bayad para zte openwrt haha
Yup, it's open source, the code is free. You can build it yourself, if you can do it. But do not forget that the work done to build it, and the tweaks and customizations applied on top of it, may not be free otherwise.

There is nothing wrong to ask for some compensation for the talent put into it. Like I said, you can do it yourself so you don't have to pay others to do it for you. 😉

I plan to upstream my work when I'm done.

Yup, it's open source, the code is free. You can build it yourself, if you can do it. But do not forget that the work done to build it, and the tweaks and customizations applied on top of it, may not be free otherwise.

There is nothing wrong to ask for some compensation for the talent put into it. Like I said, you can do it yourself so you don't have to pay others to do it for you. 😉

Waiting to up
Big support to your work

As I have said maybe its free because openwrt is open source. I acknowledge the efforts and talents that you have put in your work, and I also agree that it is not wrong to ask for a compensation as I would do the same if I was the one in your position. Learning and being educated in your field is not an easy feat, even if its free or not we still thank you for the effort that you have put in your work.

pwede po akong maging beta tester boss. willing po ako kahit magkanda brick ang device ko.

pwede po akong maging beta tester boss. willing po ako kahit magkanda brick ang device ko.
If you have serial access to the router like UART and as long as you dont overwrite the boot loader im sure it will be hard or nearly impossible to brick the device.

up ako rem pwede mag beta test.

Maraming salamat sa suporta.

And here's something to look forward to. Updated the first post. 😎
do i need to flash to notion fw before i can interupt the boot sequence? sa stock few ng smart bro ayaw ma interupt

Last edited:
Here's an update:

There is only the issue of the LTE module not passing the IP it gets from the network to the router, R281. Without this happening, the router, and all other devices connected to it, will not be connected to the internet. I'm still in the dark on how to do this.

I could accept beta testers, but if one of you could help me find out how to do this, then it would be great, and everybody wins. So if you do still wish to beta test, then it would only be for the device to perform as a router, and not as an LTE modem. I have converted the use of LAN1 as WAN on this unit, and implemented a ρá†ch that is pending a merge in mainline OpenWrt that will enable 2Gbps CPU bandwidth or 1Gbps downlink/1Gbps uplink bidirectionally. 😎 So if you have a Gigabit fibre, then you can test this improvement. Connect the upstream network to the WAN port to take advantage of this.

Contrary to what others (hint: it starts with a back 🤭) might believe that the wireless performance in the device is debatable (or the difference between the open source softmac driver, which this is, vs the closed source fullmac from stock), I find the wireless great in that you get some of these improvements as part of the continuing work on the wireless stack for this model
  • Wi-Fi Wave2, including WPA 3 (not Wi-Fi 6, you need an upgraded hardware for that)
  • 802.11r (Fast BSS transition, or band-steering)
  • Mesh Wi-Fi
Sure, you can get much better performance in terms of bandwidth and other proprietary techniques in the fullmac driver like TX beamforming, but like the old adage goes, can't win them all.

I'll release a build for testing, after I have sent in the ρá†ch for this device.

Last edited:
Here's an update:

There is only the issue of the LTE module not passing the IP it gets from the network to the router, R281. Without this happening, the router, and all other devices connected to it, will not be connected to the internet. I'm still in the dark on how to do this.

I could accept beta testers, but if one of you could help me find out how to do this, then it would be great, and everybody wins. So if you do still wish to beta test, then it would only be for the device to perform as a router, and not as an LTE modem. I have converted the use of LAN1 as WAN on this unit, and implemented a ρá†ch that is pending a merge in mainline OpenWrt that will enable 2Gbps CPU bandwidth or 1Gbps downlink/1Gbps uplink bidirectionally. 😎 So if you have a Gigabit fibre, then you can test this improvement. Connect the upstream network to the WAN port to take advantage of this.

Contrary to what others (hint: it starts with a back 🤭) might believe that the wireless performance in the device is debatable (or the difference between the open source softmac driver, which this is, vs the closed source fullmac from stock), I find the wireless great in that you get some of these improvements as part of the continuing work on the wireless stack for this model
  • Wi-Fi Wave2, including WPA 3 (not Wi-Fi 6, you need an upgraded hardware for that)
  • 802.11r (Fast BSS transition, or band-steering)
  • Mesh Wi-Fi
Sure, you can get much better performance in terms of bandwidth and other proprietary techniques in the fullmac driver like TX beamforming, but like the old adage goes, can't win them all.

I'll release a build for testing, after I have sent in the ρá†ch for this device.
Can I ask for the list of packages that you have installed, maybe you're missing a package that is needed for the current problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.