How to discern false prophets and false apostles

mrparabellum

Honorary Poster
Established
Solutions
Reaction
HOW TO DISCERN FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE APOSTLES

Jesus warns His people about false prophets

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Paul warns the Church about false apostles

2 Corinthians11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

SOME FACTS ABOUT FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE APOSTLES

False Apostles and false prophets preach another gospel, another Jesus, and another Holy Spirit

2 Corinthians 11: 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

They are those who use the Holy Bible but do not understand what the Bible teaches about true gospel, true Jesus Christ, and true Holy Spirit.

They are those who use the Holy Bible and teach about the Gospel, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit but they have other books which they consider as inspired by God and sacred along with the Bible.

False Apostles and false prophets wear false appearances

1. Come in sheep clothing (Matthew 7:15)

2. Transform themselves into the apostles of Christ (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

3. Transformed as ministers of righteousness (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

4. Show great signs and wonders (Matthew 24:24)

False Apostles and false prophets receive their message from Satan, the false angel of light.

2 Corinthians11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for SATAN HIMSELF IS TRANSFORMED INTO AN ANGEL OF LIGHT. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

TO DISCERN WHETHER A PROPHET OR APOSTLE IS TRUE OR FALSE, WE MUST KNOW IF HIS LIFE, TEACHINGS, AND PROPHECIES ARE IN HARMONY WITH THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST.

Hebrews1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 HATH IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN UNTO US BY HIS SON, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the WORDS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the DOCTRINE OF CHRIST, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Where can we find the Doctrine of Jesus Christ?

ANSWER:

1. In the Old Testament. But not all things written in the Old Testament are doctrine of Christ.

2. In the New Testament. The whole and complete doctrine of Christ is written in it.

Naisip ko lang, hindi be ito maging isang paradox?

Kasi magbabalik daw ulit si Jesus,

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
-Matthew 24:44

Jesus might then be rejected, get accused as a false prophet. Just like what happened when he was alive. And we probably just repeat history all over again?
Or perhaps, lets say a false prophet might really genuinely think that he is a prophet, or Jesus himself, and we reject him, wouldn't that reaffirm to him that he truly is Jesus and the people are just evil to not follow him? that is, Instead of knowing that he is a wolf in sheep clothing.

the events written in the gospels will not repeat since the writers showed that the first coming is jesus as a man but the 2nd coming is jesus as a god
Yan ba sinabi sa Bible? Everything i can find kasi, sinasabi lang kung ano gagawin niya, but it does not say that he will return in form of a god.
I am not saying it is wrong, but there is a chance na misinterpretation lang din yan.

Yan ba sinabi sa Bible? Everything i can find kasi, sinasabi lang kung ano gagawin niya, but it does not say that he will return in form of a god.
I am not saying it is wrong, but there is a chance na misinterpretation lang din yan.
nah nag focus ka sa coming as god (you may not call it god but the activities showed opposite of the first coming), mag focus ka sa history won't repeat dahil pinag iba ng wtiters (activities) ang 2nd coming sa first

Last edited:
nah nag focus ka sa coming as god (you may not call it god but the activities showed opposite of the first coming), mag focus ka sa history won't repeat dahil pinag iba ng wtiters (activities) ang 2nd coming sa first
Eh yan ung point mo kasi, na history will not repeat itself kasi he will not come as a man but as a god, when that was not even confirmed. Saan banda ba pinag iba ng writers, so we can come to a conclusion na "history will not repeat itself". Verses will be helpful.

Saan banda ba pinag iba ng writers, so we can come to a conclusion na "history will not repeat itself". Verses will be helpful.
the writers did not mention na magpapakatao siya ulit, rape niya ulet si mary or a new girl para magpakatao siya ulet at ulitin ang ginawa niya as he was born from the first coming, they mentioned different set of events instead, no need verses as they are scattered all over the place already

Last edited:
the writers did not mention na magpapakatao siya ulit, rape niya ulet si mary or a new girl para magpakatao siya ulet at ulitin ang ginawa niya as he was born from the first coming, they mentioned different set of events instead, no need verses as they are scattered all over the place already
Screenshot_20221223_004415_Google.jpg

Kailangan minsan paps may basis mga sinasabi paps. Otherwise, baseless claims lang yan.

Attachments

View attachment 2419591
Kailangan minsan paps may basis mga sinasabi paps. Otherwise, baseless claims lang yan.
ahaha okay lang talaga iyan boss, just never mind my posts coz it's only for people who don't require basis (verses), if you are a person who requires basis (verses) please don't quote my post lalo na't di naman mabibigyan ang hinihingi mo

ahaha okay lang talaga iyan boss, just never mind my posts coz it's only for people who don't require basis (verses), if you are a person who requires basis (verses) please don't quote my post lalo na't di naman mabibigyan ang hinihingi mo
Kahit nmn hindi verses ang basis. Biblical topic lng ito kaya biblical din ang basis ng claim. Para hindi chismis lang yung shineshare mo. I dont have plans to "quote" you somewhere else. Dito lang yan kasi nag quote ka din sakin nung umpisa.
I mean kung ayaw mo ma-scrutinize opinion mo, wag ka nlng siguro mag state ng opinion mo? Lalo kung walang basis.

Walang silbi ang pag talikod mo sa religion kung ganyan dogma lang din pala mga paniniwala mo.

Last edited:
Naisip ko lang, hindi be ito maging isang paradox?

Kasi magbabalik daw ulit si Jesus,

Jesus might then be rejected, get accused as a false prophet. Just like what happened when he was alive. And we probably just repeat history all over again?
Or perhaps, lets say a false prophet might really genuinely think that he is a prophet, or Jesus himself, and we reject him, wouldn't that reaffirm to him that he truly is Jesus and the people are just evil to not follow him? that is, Instead of knowing that he is a wolf in sheep clothing.
Unawain ninyo ito: kung alam ng may-ari ng bahay kung anong oras sa gabi darating ang magnanakaw, siya'y maghahanda at hindi niya pababayaang pasukin ang kanyang bahay. 44 Kaya't lagi kayong maging handa, sapagkat darating ang Anak ng Tao sa oras na hindi ninyo inaasahan.

Mateo 24:43-44

Darating po siya na ang mga tao'y hindi iniisip kung kailan siya darating meaning, mawawala sa kaisipan ng iba ang Panginoong Jesucristo. Take note, siya ay Taong darating hindi sinabi na Diyos na darating.

Unawain ninyo ito: kung alam ng may-ari ng bahay kung anong oras sa gabi darating ang magnanakaw, siya'y maghahanda at hindi niya pababayaang pasukin ang kanyang bahay. 44 Kaya't lagi kayong maging handa, sapagkat darating ang Anak ng Tao sa oras na hindi ninyo inaasahan.

Mateo 24:43-44

Darating po siya na ang mga tao'y hindi iniisip kung kailan siya darating meaning, mawawala sa kaisipan ng iba ang Panginoong Jesucristo. Take note, siya ay Taong darating hindi sinabi na Diyos na darating.
Iyon nga ang sinasabi ko. Na kung paniniwalaan na literal yan mga kataga, hindi natin mamalayan na nagbalik na siya. Pero kung mamalayan mo man, hindi padin maaalis an posibilidad na isa siyang huwad o "wolf in sheep's clothing". Kaya ko nasabing paradox.

Pero bilang isang atheist, pra sakin isa itong metaphor na maging handa sa kung ano mang hamon, o "test" na dadating sa buhay mo. Not necessarily pagbabalik Niya. Kasi constantly tayo magdadaan sa "paghuhukom" sa buhay natin, at ang resulta ay dedepende sa mga gawa natin bago dumating doon, at kung paano natin isinabatas ang mga "salita" niya.

Kahit nmn hindi verses ang basis. Biblical topic lng ito kaya biblical din ang basis ng claim. Para hindi chismis lang yung shineshare mo. I dont have plans to "quote" you somewhere else. Dito lang yan kasi nag quote ka din sakin nung umpisa.
I mean kung ayaw mo ma-scrutinize opinion mo, wag ka nlng siguro mag state ng opinion mo? Lalo kung walang basis.

Walang silbi ang pag talikod mo sa religion kung ganyan dogma lang din pala mga paniniwala mo.
alright since you insist up to you, same pa din sagot ko the verses are already bery much scattered in this site

alright since you insist up to you, same pa din sagot ko the verses are already bery much scattered in this site
Hindi nmn ako nagiinsist tlga. At malamang nmn tlga wala ka maisheshare. Alam nmn nila mahilig ka sa hearsay. Agnostic pa more. 🤣

Hindi nmn ako nagiinsist tlga. At malamang nmn tlga wala ka maisheshare. Alam nmn nila mahilig ka sa hearsay.
heresy iyan sa mga taong wala naman talagang alam sa mga mainstream stories sa bible kaya ayun panay hingi ng verse kasi nahihirapan magtrace, sinabi ko na sa iyo wag mo ng ipilit kasi di ikaw ang dapat mag reply, if heresy para sa iyo then stop asking for references so others na meron alam can share too, never ending ang hingi mo ng source at ala naman akong sinasabing magbibigay ako kasi gusto kong kausap yung meron ng alam di yung kailangan pa e-orient sa basic mainstream stories in the bible

heresy iyan sa mga taong wala naman talagang alam sa mga mainstream stories sa bible kaya ayun panay hingi ng verse kasi nahihirapan magtrace, sinabi ko na sa iyo wag mo ng ipilit kasi di ikaw ang dapat mag reply, if heresy para sa iyo then stop asking for references so others na meron alam can share too, never ending ang hingi mo ng source at ala naman akong sinasabing magbibigay ako kasi gusto kong kausap yung meron ng alam di yung kailangan pa e-orient sa basic mainstream stories in the bible
I stopped asking references kasi nga i wala nmn. Saka hearsay (rumor) sabi ko, not heresy. Haba pa ng paliwanag mo. Feeling bible expert ka pa ngayon paps? Iba talga.

I stopped asking references kasi nga i wala nmn. Saka hearsay (rumor) sabi ko, not heresy. Haba pa ng paliwanag mo. Feeling bible expert ka pa ngayon paps? Iba talga.
expert pala yung alam lang ang basic? at anu naman tawag sa humihingi ng verse para sa basic bible stories?

Last edited:
Back