TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 4 hours
MAKES: 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken ****** halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each piece with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Roll chicken in flour mixture; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil on all sides; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup and wine or broth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is longer pink. Remove roll-ups and stir sauce. Discard toothpicks. Serve with rice.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken roll-up and sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little broth or milk if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.