What's new

Closed Duterte vs fishermen: Is the Philippines lawyering for China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Rodrigo Duterte and his alter egos doubt their own countrymen whose boat was sunk by a Chinese ship in the West Philippine Sea on June 9, 2019

After 22 Filipino fishermen aboard fishing boat Gem-Ver You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. by a Chinese vessel in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), they face another collision at home: with their own government.
While the fishermen insisted that they were rammed by a Chinese vessel, President Rodrigo Duterte on June 17 You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. as a "maritime incident."
At the same time, Duterte's men either refused to adopt the fishermen's statements or contradicted them outright.
The President himself echoed China's foreign ministry, which said on June 13 that the sinking of Gem-Ver You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. He refused to condemn China – You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. against the United States, the European Union, Canada, and Kuwait over perceived affronts to Filipinos.
Duterte also You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. of a joint Manila-Beijing investigation into the issue – which, according to critics, places the Philippines and China in one team against the fishermen.
"Hindi namin alam kung kinakampihan pa kami (We don't know if they're still siding with us)," You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., one of the owners of Gem-Ver, on June 18.

Senator Panfilo Lacson said Duterte's spokesman, Salvador Panelo, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
"He is acting like the defense ministry of China, or is lawyering for the Chinese crew, because he is finding loopholes in our fishermen's words," said Lacson in a mix of English and Filipino. "His mindset is like a defense counsel entering his appearance for China, as if he was in a courtroom."

Is the Philippine government indeed lawyering for China?

The incident is only part of the stream of a grander issue: the Philippines' rights over Recto Bank.
Duterte himself downplays the Philippines' exclusive rights to fish in the area.

This is despite a 2016 international ruling that recognizes Recto Bank as part of the Philippines' exclusive economic zone, a 200-nautical mile area where the Philippines has the exclusive rights to fish and enjoy other resources, such as oil and natural gas.

Simply put: The waters where the Philippine boat was sunk by a Chinese ship belong to the Philippines alone.
Duterte on June 21 said the Recto Bank incident was not an attack on Philippine sovereignty, but You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. over the area.

On June 24, Duterte stressed that Recto Bank "has two conflicting claims of ownership," even if a Hague tribunal already ruled, once and for all, that the West Philippine Sea belongs to the Philippines.
In effect, Duterte, like China, was not recognizing the Hague ruling of 2016.

In the same June 24 interview, a journalist asked the President: "Will you prevent China from fishing within our EEZ? Iyong pwede po bang… kasi 'yun 'yung request ng mga fishermen?"
Duterte answered: "I don't think that China would do that. Why? Because we're friends. And they are of the same view that that should not result in any bloody confrontation."

Panelo, interpreting Duterte, said the Philippines "will allow" China to fish in the West Philippine Sea "kasi we're friends naman, 'di magbigayan muna tayo

Experts say the Recto Bank incident could only be a test of the Duterte government's reaction to China’s similar moves in the future. If the government reacts lightly, this could further embolden China to ram more Filipino boats to drive them away from the West Philippine Sea.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Opninion ko lng po..tama lang po na payagan ang china para wla nang gulo..kawawa tayo ph kung mkipagtigasan tayo..wla tayo laban sa kanila...share share nlng para peace...kung pairalin lng ni digong ang kanyang pride kawawa tayo. Di basta basta ang "war in reality"..

Opninion ko lng po..tama lang po na payagan ang china para wla nang gulo..kawawa tayo ph kung mkipagtigasan tayo..wla tayo laban sa kanila...share share nlng para peace...kung pairalin lng ni digong ang kanyang pride kawawa tayo. Di basta basta ang "war in reality"..
I think you are naive! Although I wish that "share share nlng para peace" (only in an ideal world) would be true, it's impossible with china! china does not share anything, they just take with or without the consent of a country...

I think you are naive! Although I wish that "share share nlng para peace" (only in an ideal world) would be true, it's impossible with china! china does not share anything, they just take with or without the consent of a country...
Uu gahaman namn talaga ang China...pero alam mo yong "war"? Opinion ko lng nmn to..if you think that's naive for you..wla ako.magawa..salamat sa info mo po.

Uu gahaman namn talaga ang China...pero alam mo yong "war"? Opinion ko lng nmn to..if you think that's naive for you..wla ako.magawa..salamat sa info mo po.
Being naive is not bad...
Who is talking about war??? Only duterte and nobody else, ask our neighbors Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia...

mahal siguro bayad sa kanya.. boss... hehehehe
Really? Nothing else to say... I mean nothing meaningful? I guess not.
"Ignored"
hahaha,ignored ka lang nyan,kahit ako hindi nireplyan e. may malalim na dahilan talaga yan e kaya ganyan,masakit.ahahaha
I have to thank you for not replying anymore (although.....).
It's always nice not to have snakes spitting their venom in my threads :LOL:

There are people I dislike but if they make good, I recognize it... I very much dislike him because he does not make any good to the country and worst, he is destroying it...
BTW, still no answer about what good did he do?
see thats the point here..you can never see the good things that the president did coz you very much dislike him..even if i told you many good things

Really? Nothing else to say... I mean nothing meaningful? I guess not.
"Ignored"

I have to thank you for not replying anymore (although.....).
It's always nice not to have snakes spitting their venom in my threads :LOL:
[/QUOTE
of course you should be thankful, kasi kontra sayo.hahaha. ano kaya talaga motive nito kaya ginagawa nya to. hmm.

boss.. baka nalugi sa tindang shabu or baka may natokhang na tropa nya..
2 lang talaga iniisip ko na dahilan e, either bayaran or may kamag-anak na affected ng îllégâl d.rugs. kasi sa dami ng nagawa ni duterte hindi nya nakikita.haha. alam na.

see thats the point here..you can never see the good things that the president did coz you very much dislike him..even if i told you many good things
You told me many good things about him?? I asked you several times to list what he did good and you came up only with "build3"!!

OK, let's see what I think changed for the best since he is president: Passport validity, driver license, ban sm0king in public places.

2 lang talaga iniisip ko na dahilan e, either bayaran or may kamag-anak na affected ng îllégâl d.rugs. kasi sa dami ng nagawa ni duterte hindi nya nakikita.haha. alam na.
one more time, list me the "dami ng nagawa ni duterte"

one more time, list me the "dami ng nagawa ni duterte"
haha, no need, kung hindi mo alam, e ignored mo lang talaga.hahaha, wala ka rin naman pakialam kung ilist ko pa sayo. hindi ka ba nakikinabang sa mga nagawa na nya?baka kasi nakikinabang ka na hindi mo lang pinapansin. aba e pakapalan na yan.haha

awinahe

Attachments

haha, no need, kung hindi mo alam, e ignored mo lang talaga.hahaha, wala ka rin naman pakialam kung ilist ko pa sayo. hindi ka ba nakikinabang sa mga nagawa na nya?baka kasi nakikinabang ka na hindi mo lang pinapansin. aba e pakapalan na yan.haha
hahahaha... Each time I ask this question to a dds, I get almost the same answer showing that dds even don't know what duterte is doing, and they don't care. The only thing they want is trying to be relevant... People like you feel super important because you are supporting duterte... You are really a blind, zombied follower.
You are on the wrong side of History

hahahaha... Each time I ask this question to a dds, I get almost the same answer showing that dds even don't know what duterte is doing, and they don't care. The only thing they want is trying to be relevant... People like you feel super important because you are supporting duterte... You are really a blind, zombied follower.
You are on the wrong side of History
hahaha, taga saang planeta ka ba?para hindi malaman yung mga ginawa ng administrasyon na to? isa ka ba sa mga nagrarally? ahahaha

hahaha, taga saang planeta ka ba?para hindi malaman yung mga ginawa ng administrasyon na to? isa ka ba sa mga nagrarally? ahahaha
It seems that YOU don't know what your idol is doing!
Me I know well, that's why I make threads about him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.