What's new

Closed Beholding jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayie

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Luke 13:11-16 - Eighteen is the number of the devil (6 + 6 + 6). God wants you healed more than you are willing to be healed.

“And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.” And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd, “There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day.” The Lord then answered him and said, “Hypocrite! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?”” (Luke 13:11-16 NKJV)

Joseph's brothers all share the same father, but not the same mother. Only Joseph and Benjamin were born of Rachel who represents grace.
The rest of Joseph's brothers were born of bondwomen who represent the Law.
Our mother is grace. Today, there are still many children born of the same father who don't have the same mother -
Many believers still put themselves under the Law instead of living under grace.

The gospel is to be preached to the Jew first, then the Greek (the Gentiles). When we preach grace, they will be convicted.

Romans 5:17 - Righteousness is a gift. You receive it and cannot earn it. Righteousness isn't based on what we do or don't do.
You cannot overcome addictions permanently by willpower.
The devil strongly attacks teachings about "abundance of grace" and "the gift of righteousness" because he doesn't want us to reign in life!
When we reign in life, the devil doesn't. When we reign in life, sin doesn't.

“For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)” (Romans 5:17 NKJV)

The gospel is not a revelation of holiness. Righteousness is the root, holiness is the fruit!

Galatians 3:5 - We receive God's miracles by the hearing of faith.

“Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?—” (Galatians 3:5 NKJV)

Galatians 5:19-23 - Works are a result of effort. Fruit is a result of life. We produce the fruits of the Spirit in our life by abiding in Jesus.
Jesus is the Vine and we are the branches. We don't have to try to be a branch.
We just have to rest and let Jesus' vine life flow through us.

“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.” (Galatians 5:19-23 NKJV)

Ezekiel 44 - Your sweating as a result of works and self-effort is hindering you from receiving your miracle.
When you work, God rests. When you rest, God works!

““But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who kept charge of My sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from Me, they shall come near Me to minister to Me; and they shall stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood,” says the Lord GOD. “They shall enter My sanctuary, and they shall come near My table to minister to Me, and they shall keep My charge. And it shall be, whenever they enter the gates of the inner court, that they shall put on linen garments; no wool shall come upon them while they minister within the gates of the inner court or within the house. They shall have linen turbans on their heads and linen trousers on their bodies; they shall not clothe themselves with anything that causes sweat.” (Ezekiel 44:15-18 NKJV)

There is nothing more practical than looking at Jesus. When Peter was looking at Jesus, he did the supernatural - he walked on water!
As long as his eyes were fixed on Jesus, he did what Jesus did.
The moment he turned away from Jesus to look at the storm, he started to sink.

The pulpit should be a place for people to behold Jesus. As we behold Jesus, we are transformed from glory to glory.

In the Christian life, there are no answers horizontally. Your answers come vertically.

The Christian life begins by being seated with Christ. How well you sit is how well you walk. How well you rest is how well you work.
As long as the devil can affect your rest, he can affect your walk in life.
When a problem comes and the devil asks you "What are you going to do about it?", answer: "Nothing. I'm going to rest." We pray from victory, not for victory!

I John 4:17 - Jesus is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father, glorified and high above all powers and principalities.
We are as Jesus is, right now, in this world! Just as He is free from sickness and disease, so are we, right now, in this world!

“Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.” (I John 4:17 NKJV)

The devil always wants you to look at yourself, but the Holy Spirit wants you to look at Jesus.
Every way you turn Jesus to look at Him, He is perfect and altogether lovely.

399735860.jpg
There is nothing more practical than looking at Jesus. When Peter was looking at Jesus, he did the supernatural - he walked on water! As long as his eyes were fixed on Jesus, he did what Jesus did. The moment he turned away from Jesus to look at the storm, he started to sink.

Hebrews 5:1 - A high priest represents the people, for the benefit of the people, to God. A prophet represents God, for God, to the people.
Everything in ancient Israel hinged on the high priest. If the high priest dies, Israel could look forward to a bad year. If the high priest comes out, Israel could look forward to a blessed year.
If the high priest is good and the people are bad, the people will be accepted. But if the high priest is bad and the people are good, the people will be cursed.
The entire standing of the people is wrapped up in the standing of the high priest.
The problem with a mortal high priest is that the good ones eventually die and there is a chance that a bad one may succeed him.
Jesus is our High Priest forever!

“For every high priest taken from among men is appointed for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins.” (Hebrews 5:1 NKJV)

Exodus 26:30 - The plate was placed on the high priest's forehead to represent him having holy thoughts at all times.
God is not judging you based on your thoughts. He is judging you based on Jesus' thoughts! Jesus' thoughts are always holy.

“Then they made the plate of the holy crown of pure gold, and wrote on it an inscription like the engraving of a signet: HOLINESS TO THE LORD.” (Exodus 39:30 NKJV)

Preaching the gospel of grace will not produce licentiousness. Right believing will always lead to right living.

Romans 5:19 - When we were sinners, we sinned because we were sinners. We were made sinners by Adam's sin.
Likewise, we are made righteous by Jesus' obedience, not by our own obedience.

“For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.” (Romans 5:19 NKJV)

II Corinthians 10:4-5 - Spiritual warfare is bringing your thoughts to the obedience of Christ.
We have to know that we are righteous not because of what we did, but because of what Jesus did! It's by Jesus' obedience!

“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,” (II Corinthians 10:4-5 NKJV)

Stay Blessed!

Attachments

Let's bring back the Gospel. Let the Lord Jesus be lifted up in this country. And let's remember of what He says in John 3:16..

Status
Not open for further replies.