What's new

Trivia Atheists, does it disappoint you at all that horrible human beings don't go to a lake of fire and fry for all eternity?

i would re-phrase that a bit kasi parang aatake ka sa completeness ng information ni science that i claimed haha actually science has "some" information of how the brain works and it has something to do with electrical signals, kaya nga lagi ko sinasabi na we are still trying to map the brain activity kasi electrical signals din yung computer processing and scientists see a possibility of uploading a brain to a computer
D nmn ako aatake curious lang ako kase sabi mo science already has information on how the brain works, so yung information mo palang sinasabe ay Brain cells function using rapid electrical impulses.
Dimo sinabe "Some Information" so akala ko kiniclaim mo na science have information about how the brain works. So in me if that's true maybe science can touch the untouchable question of consciousness. That's why i'm interested when you said that science has information on how brain works.

D nmn ako aatake curious lang ako kase sabi mo science already has information on how the brain works, so yung information mo palang sinasabe ay Brain cells function using rapid electrical impulses.
Dimo sinabe "Some Information" so akala ko kiniclaim mo na science have information about how the brain works. So in me if that's true maybe science can touch the untouchable question of consciousness. That's why i'm interested when you said that science has information on how brain works.
nope, consciousness is still unknown to science but it is being studied as of the moment and sadly it is more of the physical side which is the brain, however, philosophers also study the non-physical aspect of it, sa science is just getting to know the brain, meron naman progress meron na tayong AI and now we want to put an actual human brain into a computer instead of just AI

Pananaw ko sa buhay ts is parang nasa simulation lang tayu haha .

Peru ang hirap eh prove kasi walang nasa computer na makaka prove na sila i nasa computer kasi lahat ng nakikita nila is yun yung kinamolatan nila na katutuhanan haha

At kung totoo man na simulation. Ibig lang sabihin totoo den ang dios langit at lupa aliens gods at kung anu anu pa dito sa simulation world .
Lol kaalaman is that you lmao

atheist people: since di sila naninilawa sa God. di rin sila naniniwala sa principles ng heaven and hell and eternity. so to answer your ur question I don't think it disappoint them because they don't believe diba. nagegets mo explaination ko? hahaha

atheist people: since di sila naninilawa sa God. di rin sila naniniwala sa principles ng heaven and hell and eternity. so to answer your ur question I don't think it disappoint them because they don't believe diba. nagegets mo explaination ko? hahaha
yes gets iyan boss haha may pa principles ka sa heaven ah hehe good luck sa principles boss haha

nope, consciousness is still unknown to science but it is being studied as of the moment and sadly it is more of the physical side which is the brain, however, philosophers also study the non-physical aspect of it, sa science is just getting to know the brain, meron naman progress meron na tayong AI and now we want to put an actual human brain into a computer instead of just AI
The way you call it "still unknown", it is as if posible pag-aralan ng science imperically ang mga ganitong bagay. Conciousness is just a concept created by a human-centric worldview, it is the same with dreams, art, love, justice, etc, and they all would not exist without the human intelligence. We just invented these concept to communicate our experience.

Maybe it is just the theist in you, diverting your faith in science, that is making you think that these things can be studied objectively, imperically - scientifically?

The way you call it "still unknown", it is as if posible pag-aralan ng science imperically ang mga ganitong bagay. Conciousness is just a concept created by a human-centric worldview, it is the same with dreams, art, love, justice, etc, and they all would not exist without the human intelligence. We just invented these concept to communicate our experience.

Maybe it is just the theist in you, diverting your faith in science, that is making you think that these things can be studied objectively, imperically - scientifically?
biology is on it boss, we already have chemical reactions associated with the love you said, including the chemicals that make us happy, chemicals/hormones that make us want to have se̾x, chemicals that makes us feel sleepy, chemicals/hormones that causes female attribute to advance in our LGBTQ+ community, chemicals alters the brain boss like yung lasing ka na, it's all chemicals even if you feel tired it is all chemical reactions pa din, but the chemical that makes god exist cannot be found haha

biology is on it boss, we already have chemical reactions associated with the love you said, including the chemicals that make us happy, chemicals/hormones that make us want to have se̾x, chemicals that makes us feel sleepy, chemicals/hormones that causes female attribute to advance in our LGBTQ+ community, chemicals alters the brain boss like yung lasing ka na, it's all chemicals even if you feel tired it is all chemical reactions pa din, but the chemical that makes god exist cannot be found haha
Un nga. That is as far as what we will understand about these, they are all just chemical reaction within us. Pero tayo lng nag describe ng experience and call it "conciousness" in our human-centric mind.

The way you said it, it seems like you are implying that we just need to send more scientist in the lab so that one day we will discover consciousness. All we are doing is study the brain, with the assumption that the brain is where "conciousness" resides, becuase we want to believe that "conciousness" is something that exists and can be separated from the body.

This idea is rooted from our instinct to fear death and faith in conquering it. Theist hopes that conciousness is a ghost that will go somewhere else, and the science-leaning on hopes it can be extracted into codes to be transfered to a machine.

Un nga. That is as far as what we will understand about these, they are all just chemical reaction within us. Pero tayo lng nag describe ng experience and call it "conciousness" in our human-centric mind.

The way you said it, it seems like you are implying that we just need to send more scientist in the lab so that one day we will discover consciousness. All we are doing is study the brain, with the assumption that the brain is where "conciousness" resides, becuase we want to believe that "conciousness" is something that exists and can be separated from the body.

This idea is rooted from our instinct to fear death and faith in conquering it. Theist hopes that conciousness is a ghost that will go somewhere else, and the science-leaning on hopes it can be extracted into codes to be transfered to a machine.
we are already able to alter the consciousness boss even if we haven't fully understand it, there is no way of altering something that doesn't exist boss, science doesn't hope for something, it is the scientists that hopes for something and that helps them decide where to use science by making random hypothesis for them to test

we are already able to alter the consciousness boss even if we haven't fully understand it, there is no way of altering something that doesn't exist boss, science doesn't hope for something, it is the scientists that hopes for something and that helps them decide where to use science
I am not saying science is hoping for something. I am saying that YOU might be hoping for something through science.

I am not saying science is hoping for something. I am saying that YOU might be hoping for something through science.
yes i hope a lot of things, i have ambitions and dreams, meron ako targets a lot of it boss but it doesn't include magical things like gods na pwedeng gumawa ng something by just uttering the words lol

anesthesia was brought to us by someone hoping to stop feeling pain (altered consciousness) whenever unnecessary

Last edited:
Back