What's new

Trivia Your Fingers Do Not Feel Temperature

Kaplok Kaplok

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
Your fingers do not feel temperature. It really cannot judge between hot and cold.

You're probably thinking,
"Nah.. bullshit. What?!"

Hear me out. Temperature sense is relative. Your fingers will only register "warm" if the surface is warmer than your finger. The same with "cold". Its own temperarure is its' baseline.

You can even trick it by touching something cold for some time, and then touching some warm surface. If the difference is enough, it would feel like its burning. It goes the other way around too.
BUT, if you touch something close enough to the temperature of your fingers, it will not feel any temperature. Like, perhaps another finger? Go ahead, try it.
Screenshot_20221209_062403_Google.jpg

Cool right?

Our morals are not much different. We judge others against ourself. When you are used to being liberated, everyone else is painfully uptight, mature, or pretentious in your view. When you are used to being conservative, others will feel like they're wild beasts.

So, when you find yourself to a point that everyone else's opinion is offensive, if you are intelligent enough against your instincts, then it might be a consideration to question your own morals, instead of being hostile.

We do not feel extremes, when we ourselves ARE extremes. It's hard to tell when we're already there. It's hard to tell if we are toxic.

Hopefully, we are a lot smarter than our fingers.

Have a nice day guys.
Thank you for reading.

Attachments

Last edited:
So kung halimbawa sa usapin about politics, tama lang hindi pansinin yung mga ganyan puro kontra, kasi they are just having fun?
pwedeng tama pwede ding mali depende din sa judgement naten, ako i do both, meron ako di pinapansin at meron din ako pinapansin

pwedeng tama pwede ding mali depende din sa judgement naten, ako i do both, meron ako di pinapansin at meron din ako pinapansin
E bago ka mang judge, diba dapat lang evaluate mo muna position mo? Bago kasi maging judgement ang isang opinion, titimbangin mo muna. Pano mo malalaman kung ano papansinin at hindi?

E bago ka mang judge, diba dapat lang evaluate mo muna position mo? Bago kasi maging judgement ang isang opinion, titimbangin mo muna. Pano mo malalaman kung ano papansinin at hindi?
pwedeng timbangin at pwede hindi na depende sa aggressiveness ng tao at sa kanyang kakayahang makipag argue, sa akin is those that are not worth the time at yung masyadong obvious ay di ko na pinapansin, yung pinapansin ko talaga is yung merong intention na mang recruit ng followers yung pambudol na talaga yun kadalasan pinapansin ko kaya mostly mga reply ko is disagreement

Why do you think gusto kita controlin? Evaluating yourself is already being controlled para sayo? To accept that you are wrong, automatic follower na kita? Maybe sometimes accepting that you are wrong is an indicator of intelligence..
View attachment 2392386
evaluation does not always equate to changing something, i can also say you can't accept that you are wrong

Some mortals find opinions like a flutter in the wind, others find it useful. What a shite world we live in. Not all of us has the same level of thinking.

For example sa workplace; hence, when on brainstorming for a certain project improvement there is always "pabida" and "by the book" they're the same bounded by the rules on paper the latter is just bollocks. But in the real world their fluidity is nowhere to be seen. That makes a lengthy arguments.

so you mean i can't say the same to you? and what you say to me cannot be applied to you?
Just make one good point against mine, i will gladly accept to be called your minion.

For example sa workplace; hence, when on brainstorming for a certain project improvement there is always "pabida" and "by the book" they're the same bounded by the rules on paper the latter is just bollocks. But in the real world their fluidity is nowhere to be seen. That makes a lengthy arguments.
We all dont have to be the same. We need both the creative/risky types, and the organized/boring type.
There is value on each side.
We just often mistake opposition to our ideas as a personal attack, probably because we are too much fanatics of our own opinions and hold it as divine.
We dont even have to be immortals to free ourself from the shäçkles of our opinions, we just need to be adults.

Last edited:
and we end up being incompetent by holding our extremist and toxic ideas hidden from public
In fairness magandang point yan. Minion mo na ako. 😅

Pero ang message nmn ng post is:

Do not be hostile. Kasi, if extremist ang tingin mo sa kausap mo , posible din n ikaw pala ung extremist para maoffend ka.

Wala nmn ako sinabi jan na manahimik ka nalng. Even extemist ideas can be delivered in a civil method.

Mas likely ka pakinggan ng tao with a good argument, kesa pag hostile ka. But syempre if extremist ka din, expect to be rejected.

Last edited:
In fairness magandang point yan. Minion mo na ako. 😅

Pero ang message nmn ng post is:

Do not be hostile. Kasi, if extremist ang tingin mo sa kausap mo , posible din n ikaw pala ung extremist para maoffend ka.

Wala nmn ako sinabi jan na manahimik ka nalng. Even extemist ideas can be delivered in a civil method.

Mas likely ka pakinggan ng tao with a good argument, kesa pag hostile ka. But syempre if extremist ka din, expect to be rejected.
that would mean i am judging you as an extremist, i would say you are very far from it hehe

but if it is you who thinks i'm an extremist then para sa iyo iyang message ng post mo hehe

that would mean i am judging you as an extremist, i would say you are very far from it hehe

but if it is you who thinks i'm an extremist then para sa iyo iyang message ng post mo hehe
Hindi ka nmn extremist sa pananaw ko. Msyado ka nga fanatic ng common ideas. But yeah, i would consider myself extremist. I do not hide myself by being called an "agnostic". I call myself atheist, the most atheist kind.

If you think about it, there are some great people who were great for their extremism.
Jesus is one, Rizal, Ghandi, etc.
Not saying im a fan, but they are great because of that.

Last edited:
Hindi ka nmn extremist sa pananaw ko. Msyado ka nga fanatic ng common ideas. But yeah, i would consider myself extremist. I do not hide myself by being called an "agnostic". I call myself atheist, the most atheist kind.
indeed para sa iyo naman pala talaga ang message ng post mo hehe

indeed para sa iyo naman pala talaga ang message ng post mo hehe
Maybe,
but as far as i know, i dont get hostile. I just put my points into arguments. If i dont have arguments, i just keep my opinion to myself.
Have you ever been offended by things i say?

Maybe,
but as far as i know, i dont get hostile. I just put my points into arguments. If i dont have arguments, i just keep my opinion to myself.
Have you ever been offended by things i say?
bakit ako ma-o-offend? does it have something to do with me? hehe i only see a recruitment technique

bakit ako ma-o-offend? does it have something to do with me? hehe i only see a recruitment technique
Nagtatanong lang ako. Recruitment saan ba paps?

Ginagamit mo ba yung word na recruitment based sa definition?
Screenshot_20221210_190821_Google.jpg

Or are you suffering of paranoia

Screenshot_20221210_191703_Google.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
hehe go ahead and talk about recruitment and paranoia with someone else
Nagtatanong lang ako, baka kasi mali intindi mo sa recruitment, o baka napaparanoid ka na may recruitment dito kahit wala namn.
I'm trying to understand your position.

Nagtatanong lang ako, baka kasi mali intindi mo sa recruitment, o baka napaparanoid ka na may recruitment dito kahit wala namn.
I'm trying to understand your position.
hehe the fact that i suggest you discuss the words with other people what do you think?