What's new

Help Why I am scared to fail? And how should I stop

Kilalamoko

Forum Veteran
Elite
I got job yesterday and it's quite alright. But textile is not my thingy in department store. I got previous job as well customer associates two separate job description for over 6 months. Footwear & appliances but my ego is not happy what im current now and I think I'm scared to fail this job. Seasonal po ako nag work and feel ko po dito sa new job ko di ako comfortable ego ko kasi ang mga appliances kasi yan previous ko at footwear narin kasi madali lng pero pag textile ang kaharap ko takot ako. ( Length. Scissors ✂️)
How to confront this fear?
I dunno kung pagpatuloy ko ba ito na work. Dahil di lng ako comfortable.
What you guys think of me 😅😭✌️

It's completely understandable to feel scared to fail in a new job, especially when it's in a different department and you feel less comfortable with the tasks involved. It's important to remember that it's normal to have fears and doubts when embarking on something new.

Here are a few things you can do to confront this fear:

1. Identify the root of your fear: Take some time to understand why you feel scared about working in the textile department. Is it because you think you won't be good at it? Are you worried about making mistakes? Once you identify the specific reasons behind your fear, it becomes easier to address them.

2. Focus on learning and growth: Instead of dwelling on the fear of failure, shift your mindset towards learning and growth. Understand that every new job comes with a learning curve, and it's natural to make mistakes along the way. Embrace the opportunity to learn new skills and expand your knowledge in the textile department.

3. Seek support and guidance: Don't be afraid to ask for help or guidance from your colleagues or superiors. They have likely been in your position before and can offer valuable advice and support. Communicate your concerns with them and ask for clarification or additional training if needed.

4. Break tasks into smaller steps: If the workload feels overwhelming, try breaking it down into smaller, manageable tasks. Focus on completing one task at a time, and celebrate your successes along the way. This approach can help alleviate the pressure and make the job feel more manageable.

5. Give yourself time to adjust: It's natural to feel uncomfortable in a new role, especially in the beginning. Give yourself time to adjust and adapt to the new responsibilities. Remember that it takes time to become proficient in any job, and with practice and experience, you will gain more confidence.

In terms of whether you should continue with this job, only you can make that decision. Consider your long-term goals, job satisfaction, and personal growth opportunities. If you genuinely believe that this job is not a good fit for you and it's causing significant discomfort, it might be worth exploring other options that align better with your interests and strengths.

Ultimately, what others think of you shouldn't be the driving factor in your decision-making process. Focus on what makes you happy and fulfilled in your career, and trust yourself to make the right choices for your personal and professional growth.

it's called classical conditioning, you associated random things with fear, just de-sensitize yourself by exposing more into those things and develop extinction of the conditioned response (fear)

Back