What's new

Fiction Tempest

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Tempest
By MGL Emvie

Franco, the richest man in the Vale, decides to settle down. He wishes Freya, his niece to keep his business but the lady declines. So, he sold his life's worth of treasures and travel to the Moniyan country.

Days later, their vessel is finally crossing the great sea.

But the waves starts to grow, swaying the vessel with intense violence. The cargos scatter in the floor, glasses break, and then lamps and cadle's light dances. At first, the rolling irons and silverwares are heard but then after a few minutes, the wail of the wind echoes, blowing off the lights in the ship.

Franco rushes to the deck but then a downpour, that feels like stone, is thrown from heaven. The rain pulled down his big smile with red grinning mustache. And when the wind carried his favorite horned helm, he called sailors.

Two of the sailors drag their feet against the wind as they grab to the wooden rails of the ship. One hurries to catch the dancing ropes in the mast but he cannot pull it to rest.

"Careful! The pulley will break!" said a man in the wooden rail.

But the sea becomes so dark and cold that only the thunderstorm becomes their only hope. And although lightnings and thunders are the signs of the heaven's anger, it serves Franco and his men the light they need.

Later, as Franco glances at all sides, the wind slaps him as if its trying to break his neck. Because of this, he covers his face with his palm and then he looks at the wind's direction. "Grab the wheel!" he said. "The wind's in the north! Close the--"

"But boss! Incoming! I shall not--!"

"I don't care! Go! Go!"

So the sailor on the wheel turns the galver at full tilt.

However, the wind gives them not the chance of escape. The wind, like a corkscrew punch, zooms through the rain and then archs towards the mast.
The mast breaks and then the wind hurls it at the sea. It hits the rail and as it falls, it bites a chunk of the ship.

The sailor leaning on that rail, falls and follows the mast towards the angry sea.

Franco stomps to breaks a part of the floor until he catches a glipse of his sailor. He then grabs the hook under his waist and swings it towards his man. He pulls it up and then battles the wind in a tug of war. "Hang on!"

But the wind was like, this man is mine!

Freya then comes to Franco with a shield against the grains of the itchy rain. She grabs the hook and pulls it with Franco at full strength. But her armor follows the lead of the wind, and it tries to carry her away.

"Freya, get inside!" Franco said.

But then Freya pauses in a gaze at the opposite side. "Look!" she says.

Franco turns his head.

And there comes a monster wave. It overturns and devours the ship from the side and then it crushes the ship into pieces. And then later, a whirlpool appears, which sooner suck Freya and Franco towards the ocean floor.

Franco swims his way against the wave's currents. But debris charges at him like a tor****. It hits his head and blows away his consciousness.

Later, Franco awakens in the shores of Moniyan territory. He wobbles on the road towards the capital. But the people refuse to give him even a grain of rice or a drop of water. And as his stomach thunders, he wanders towards the slums, where he scavenges in the dumps. Food poisoning put him in pain for a week but later, he regains his strength.

Streetsweeping helps him save money, which he uses to clean himself and to return the look he once wore. He spends some time in the capital's richest lobbies where he became a teacher of wealth. At night, he hangs in the tavern to enjoy the nostril-pinching *******. There, he becomes the wise man who tells life lessons. Furthermore, during early mornings he teaches the villages, near the Moniyan coastals, about the arts of fishing. He survives in the capital with efforts. He raises his name and finds people who rely on his expertise and wisdom. He didn't give up despite the loss of his fortune.

"How does it feel to be the richest man in the continent once, teacher?" said one rich man.

"Lonely" Franco said. "Riches are fun to acquire. But once the game is won, the adventure ends. It cannot buy happiness."

Then later in the evening as the people gather in the tavern, a man with a face similar a rough road comes. "Balmond." he says as he extends a mug of rum to Franco. "Let's be friends."

Franco and Balmond raise their mugs.

"Richest man, huh?" Balmond said. "But this ******* makes me happier than an extra gold."

"Believe me, its togetherness and family that makes it." he answered. "Like how we are together sharing stories at each other."

And one morning, as Franco observes his fishermen students, one of them asks "You spent your life building wealth, master. From a fisherman to the world's richest man, until you lost everything. How did you manage the pain?"

"Golds don't measure wealth. It's choices, luck and opportunities. A person who can only live in a cave with his treasure isn't wealthy. But yes, I loss mine's fortune. To keep thinking that loss, what can it do? Only to loose the precious time I have. It already happened... a history. My treasures are long gone. Accepting things that's beyond the control of this hands prevents pain."

Moreover, one day, Franco receives a letter, which raises his mustache and widens his smile.

"Freya!"

The letter says: "Uncle, I survived. And then I learned that Bane was behind that events...." "...take care uncle."

"Hmm. Bane sure has gone so rich." Franco said with a smirk.`

Author's Note: "Thank you for reading this short story. I am trying to be a man of literature but I am not professional. I wish to provide stories more beautiful and more entertaining. So please, I need your help. Comment your constructive criticisms, thoughts, and opinions about this story. Finally, thank you and have a wonderful day!"

If you wish to read more story, please click the link below.

Last edited:
Back