What's new

Subtle Black or Blurry Black Vertical Line on my Monitor

wharjack

Addict
Reaction
Hello, I'm seeing a subtle black or a blurry black vertical line on my monitor, BenQ GW2780. You can't really see it all the time, but with a specific background like dark blue or black or any shades of darker color, you can see it clearly. I can't produce a picture of it, because I don't think my camera can capture it clearly.

Here are some of my suspects:

1. The System Unit / CPU is plugged in an outlet without proper grounding, and it affects the monitor since the monitor doesn't have a 3 prong plug but the System Unit has. So the ground currents on the monitor will flow through the video cable then to the System Unit / CPU. As you can see, the monitor is dependent on the System Unit for proper grounding.You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

2. My monitor is starting to degrade or get broken overtime (My monitor is just more than a year, so if this is the case, then I can't really do anything about it)

Thank you for your help!

out of warranty kung more than a year. check mo kung magkano sa mga repair shops else buy new one.

out of warranty kung more than a year. check mo kung magkano sa mga repair shops else buy new one.
Hi, it's getting more subtle, and I need to really focus on it to see. I think it's starting to disappear, I really don't know. I think this is okay since I did a dead pixel test and I can't see any dead pixels. Thank you for replying!

Back