What's new

Shame on this President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent article by By: Solita Collas-Monsod
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Reader, we have a President who has been described as “bastos,” “sinungaling,” “mamamatay-tao,” vindictive, a misogynist and a blasphemer. And that is the least of it. There is also the charge that he is practically handing over the Philippines to China under several pretexts—showing an independent foreign policy, getting on the good side of a major international player, taking advantage of the benefits that China can give, etc.

The label “de facto dictator” has also been used, mainly because of his control of the legislature and the Supreme Court, which have practically abdicated their powers to him, and the fact that he has been allowed to abuse his powers by using government entities and agencies to go after his critics and to help his friends (Bong Go, Bato dela Rosa).

That is not all. Of late, a certain “Bikoy” has connected his family to drugs. If this allegation is true, and the burden of proof is still with this “Bikoy,” it would make a mockery of his war on drugs, and explain why the big ones get away. The more malicious souls opine that the drug factories here are destroyed so foreign suppliers can have a field day. I do not subscribe to this notion.

On the other hand, he has been credited as presiding over the tax reform program (TRAIN), vetoing some truly egregious portions of it; the rice tariffication law; the free tuition policy at the tertiary education level; making Filipinos feel safer in their neighborhoods because of the elimination of drug addicts and “istambays” (never mind how). Also, vetoing the portions of the 2019 national budget that were obviously pork barrel. My husband Christian, who lawyers pro bono for farmers, also has high praise for how the Philippine National Police under Gen. Oscar Albayalde has been most receptive to their requests for assistance and protection.

So there you have it, the pluses and the minuses in a nutshell. I invite you, Reader, to add or subtract to the list above, and weigh them to see whether on the whole, he is a net positive or a net negative for the Philippines.

I have weighed them (helped by data from the Philippine Statistics Authority’s StatDev that show how he has performed against his own Philippine Development Plan, and my students in development economics), and have found President Duterte wanting. I, therefore, will vote against his cronies and those he supports in this coming midterm elections because it is crucial that there be more checks and balances in place over the next three years of his administration, to try to minimize the losses, or maximize the gains, if you will.

My name, Reader, has been included in that infamous matrix that supposedly identifies those who want to oust President Duterte and conveniently connects them to the “Bikoy” videos. You must have noticed, Reader, that the media organizations they implicate happen to be among the most highly respected organizations—PCIJ, Rappler, Vera Files—in the Philippines, respected because their conclusions are always evidence-based, with transparency as to their methodology.

And where did that matrix come from? According to presidential spokesperson Sal Panelo, it came from the President himself. And since it came from the President, it must be true. What kind of logic is that? Especially considering that the President has been caught out in public with glaring inaccuracies—which are excused as “he was only joking.” Did his intelligence agencies give him that matrix? None has come out to admit their participation. So I can only conclude, more logically than Sal, that it must be the product of the President’s fertile imagination. Good grief.

I state for the record (I originally did not want to dignify that matrix with a statement) that I have never participated in any “oust Digong” movement. Why should I be interested in the outcome of the elections if I was part of a plot to oust him? He included me probably because I am a member of the Rappler board.

And probably because I have criticized him more often than I have praised him. But that isn’t my fault. That is his. I merely call it as I see it—not from the top of my head, but after doing my homework. Which is what he should be doing, shame on him.

mas nakakahiya ung nag benta ng lupa para maitayo ung battlefield sa Scarborough at ano nga namang laban ng pinas sa china wala tayo sa ¼ ng pwersa nila pero kahit ganun atleast nakikita nating ipinaglalaban ng presidente ang lupain natin eh si panot anong ginawa at si mar? chumupa lang sila ng chumupa sa china
Kaya nga sinampahan ni Pnoy ang China sa international arbitration court para masettle ang issue sa WPS sa diplomatikong paraan. Walang gusto ng gyera at hindi rin gegyerahin ng China ang Pilipinas dahil maraming bansang madadamay. Pwedeng sumali ang US at UN. E si Duterte anong ginawa sa issue ng WPS? Wala hinayaan lang nya ang China. Hindi nya in-acknowledge ung ruling ng arbitration court. Ngaun lang nagbabago kuno ng tono dahil malapit na ang eleksyon. Pagkatapos ng eleksyon wala na ulit yang pakialam sa WPS.

Pati na pala dito may politics propaganda na..tsk2 Walang maniniwala Jan dito ts..pero Kung may tricks ka for farming Yan magandang usapan Yan..haha

nagkalat na naman ng yellow T dito si Initializing :D hindi ka lang ma showbiz sumbungero ka pa, pag wala ka na masabi hilig mo i mention si draft, butthurt at paninipsip yan gingawa mo instead na i rebutt at i counter mo ang kalokohan ng pangulo, puro kayo kwento at ad hom sa political issueang kaylangan natin sa mga ganitong usapin ay patunay hindi laway,
kwentong realidad hindi kwentong showbiz at fairy tales. kontrahin mo na lang yung post na to, kontrahin mo, pamalian mo ang sinabi ni winnie monsod instead na mag iiyak ka at panay sumbong kay draft

nagkalat na naman ng yellow T dito si Initializing :D hindi ka lang ma showbiz sumbungero ka pa, pag wala ka na masabi hilig mo i mention si draft, butthurt at paninipsip yan gingawa mo instead na i rebutt at i counter mo ang kalokohan ng pangulo, puro kayo kwento at ad hom sa political issueang kaylangan natin sa mga ganitong usapin ay patunay hindi laway,
kwentong realidad hindi kwentong showbiz at fairy tales. kontrahin mo na lang yung post na to, kontrahin mo, pamalian mo ang sinabi ni winnie monsod instead na mag iiyak ka at panay sumbong kay draft
Parang si Bato... iyak na iyak lang :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

Yung ganitong thread dapat nirereport eh. Pinag-aaway mo lang mga members. Sa facebook mo nalang ipost mga ganyan.

Parang si Bato... iyak na iyak lang :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 601406

yan ang dapat ilagay sa senado yung mga payaso ang bulwagan ng senado ay gawaan ng batas at hindi circus.

dapat talakayin na lang ni Initializing un mga statement ni monsod.

lets quote some which i think most accurate and truth.

That is not all. Of late, a certain “Bikoy” has connected his family to drugs. If this allegation is true, and the burden of proof is still with this “Bikoy,” it would make a mockery of his war on drugs, and explain why the big ones get away. The more malicious souls opine that the drug factories here are destroyed so foreign suppliers can have a field day. I do not subscribe to this notion.

ito matagal ko na tanong ito bakit maliliit lang isda ang kayang lambatin, pakulong, patayin ni duterte tulad ng drug addict at pusher na tito mo Initializing base sa kwento mo (di ko alam kung totoo o kwentong barbero mo lang)

ang malakihang pagpasok ng droga dito sa china nanggagaling.. bakit ni isa walang maipapatay o maipakulong si digong instead ay pinatakas pa si michael yang na drug lord? talaga bang takot sa china at mga chinese ang pangulo mo o dahil sa ovbious truth na gusto lang talaga nya masol/mamonopolyo at mga kasosyo nya chinese ang kalakaran ng droga sa bansa.
==

My name, Reader, has been included in that infamous matrix that supposedly identifies those who want to oust President Duterte and conveniently connects them to the “Bikoy” videos. You must have noticed, Reader, that the media organizations they implicate happen to be among the most highly respected organizations—PCIJ, Rappler, Vera Files—in the Philippines, respected because their conclusions are always evidence-based, with transparency as to their methodology.

si Maria Ressa ng Rapple pina aresto, ang Vera File website ni DDOS attack ng mga cyber warrior na DDS

talaga ang alam lang ni digong at mga supporter nya ay ipakulong, ishut down ang mga website na naglalabas ng kanilang kabulukan instead na harapin mga akusasyon sa kanila

bakit sobrang galit na galit sila sa Vera Files? well kasi duon lang naman makikita ang most accurate records ng kabalintunaan at kasinungalingan ng ulat ng duterte admin about war on drugs -- war on drugs para ma monopolyo nya at ng anak nyang si pulong ang kalakalan ng îllégâl drugs sa bansa.

Last edited:
yan ang dapat ilagay sa senado yung mga payaso ang bulwagan ng senado ay gawaan ng batas at hindi circus.

dapat talakayin na lang ni Initializing un mga statement ni monsod.

lets quote some which i think most accurate and truth.

ito matagal ko na tanong ito bakit maliliit lang isda ang kayang lambatin, pakulong, patayin ni duterte tulad ng drug addict at pusher na tito mo Initializing base sa kwento mo (di ko alam kung totoo o kwentong barbero mo lang)

ang malakihang pagpasok ng droga dito sa china nanggagaling.. bakit ni isa walang maipapatay o maipakulong si digong instead ay pinatakas pa si michael yang na drug lord? talaga bang takot sa china at mga chinese ang pangulo mo o dahil sa ovbious truth na gusto lang talaga nya masol/mamonopolyo at mga kasosyo nya chinese ang kalakaran ng droga sa bansa.
==

si Maria Ressa ng Rappler, ang Vera File website ni DDOS attack ng mga cyber warrior na DDS

talaga ang alam lang ni digong at mga supporter nya ay ipakulong, ishut down ang mga website na naglalabas ng kanilang kabulukan instead na harapin mga akusasyon sa kanila

bakit sobrang galit na galit sila sa Vera Files? well kasi duon lang naman makikita ang most accurate records ng kabalintunaan at kasinungalingan ng ulat ng duterte admin about war on drugs -- war on drugs para ma monopolyo nya at ng anak nyang si pulong ang kalakalan ng îllégâl drugs sa bansa.
Thank you! That's what I call a meaningful post... if only the dutertards were able to do just half of this... just a dream!!

Last edited:
Yung ganitong thread dapat nirereport eh. Pinag-aaway mo lang mga members. Sa facebook mo nalang ipost mga ganyan.

ang phc ay hindi lang for networking and internet trick, kaya nga may mga sections ito wlang rules dito na bawal i disscuss ang mga political issues basta nasa tamang section ang post, para saan pa at naging PHc ang name nito kung hindi pwedi talakayan ang mga political issues na kinakaharap ng bansa.

ang mga dds ang mahilig makipag away at mang troll dito yan naman gawain nila pag supalpal at wala ng rebuttal sa topic.

kaya itong quotes ni Socrates bagay na bagay sa mga DDS both in social media and here in PHC

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.