What's new

Help Ryzen 5 7640hs or i5 13420h ?

When it comes to gaming, both the Ryzen 5 7640HS and the i5-13420H are capable processors. However, there are some differences to consider.

The Ryzen 5 7640HS is part of AMD's Zen 2 architecture, offering 6 cores and 12 threads. It has a base clock speed of 2.9 GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.2 GHz. The Zen 2 architecture is known for its excellent multi-threaded performance, making it a good choice for tasks that can utilize multiple cores, such as gaming, streaming, and content creation.

On the other hand, the i5-13420H is part of Intel's 11th generation Tiger Lake architecture. It also offers 6 cores and 12 threads, with a base clock speed of 2.6 GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.1 GHz. Intel processors have traditionally been favored for gaming due to their strong single-threaded performance, which is important for many games that cannot effectively utilize multiple cores.

In terms of raw performance, both processors are fairly evenly matched. However, Intel processors generally have an edge in gaming due to their superior single-threaded performance. That being said, the difference in gaming performance between the two processors is likely to be small and may not be noticeable in most games.

Ultimately, the choice between the Ryzen 5 7640HS and the i5-13420H will depend on other factors such as price, availability, and the overall configuration of the system you are considering. It's also worth noting that other components, such as the graphics card, will have a significant impact on gaming performance as well.