What's new

Question - - Fake kingston ssd 120g

Racer_X

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Goodmorning .. i bought a kingston ssd 120g and installed it on my laptop with a new OS, win10 pro. When i look at my local C it says i only got 40.1 GB left , free of 111 GB..
bakit po 111GB yung size nung ssd, when it should be 120g ,and anlaki po nung nabawas, samantalang OS pa lang naman po yung installed sa local c ,saka google chrome.
Does it mean i bought a fake ssd?

di mo talaga makukuha un full na 120. ito sabi ng google search

It is well known that computers operate in binary (or base-2), which is a numeric system that only use two digits: 0 and 1. As a result, in the operating systems, the capacity is calculated on a one-step basis every 1024, so every 1024MB is 1GB, and every 1024GB is 1TB. But the hard disk manufacturers calculate the capacity on a one-step per 1000, that is to say, every 1000MB equals 1GB and every 1000GB equals 1TB, which leads to the “reduction” of SSD capacity.

For example, we buy an SSD advertised as 120GB, but it will only show about 112GB available for usage in the computer operating system. Therefore, when you find the SSD descried capacity is not same as the actual one, you can convert the capacity according to following calculation method.

di mo talaga makukuha un full na 120. ito sabi ng google search

It is well known that computers operate in binary (or base-2), which is a numeric system that only use two digits: 0 and 1. As a result, in the operating systems, the capacity is calculated on a one-step basis every 1024, so every 1024MB is 1GB, and every 1024GB is 1TB. But the hard disk manufacturers calculate the capacity on a one-step per 1000, that is to say, every 1000MB equals 1GB and every 1000GB equals 1TB, which leads to the “reduction” of SSD capacity.

For example, we buy an SSD advertised as 120GB, but it will only show about 112GB available for usage in the computer operating system. Therefore, when you find the SSD descried capacity is not same as the actual one, you can convert the capacity according to following calculation method.
thank you for the info , sir . . sir just want to know if its really normal, having only windows 10 pro OS and google chrome can take up to 70g of storage? kasi 40g free of 111g na lang daw according to my local disk C:

wla pre installed na app, if meron man formatted na sila since nag install ako ng bago OS .. bat kaya ganto toh
anyway, thanks for your help sir.. since 111g yung kabuuan , ok siguru yun .. saka yung review naman sa shoppe pinagbilan ko is okay na okay thats why i bought at the store

paki open na lang po ng disk management makikita mo dun kung saan pumunta un mga storage space. kahit naka enable un "reserve storage" malaki parin nakain. win10 15gb + reserve 8gb hindi pa rin 70gb

Untitled.png

Attachments

paki open na lang po ng disk management makikita mo dun kung saan pumunta un mga storage space. kahit naka enable un "reserve storage" malaki parin nakain. win10 15gb + reserve 8gb hindi pa rin 70gb
wala naman nakalagay sir .. di naman ako nag partition ..

okay na sigutu toh . .lalagyan ko na lang ng sd card para may lalagyan ako files . para mga os app lang sa local dic C

bagong pakulo ng windows yan setting na yan kasi un udpate system nila madalas palpak pag nasira ng update un windows rollback sa reserve