What's new

Nougat update for galaxy j7 prime: meron na bang nakapagupdate d2 sa pinas? let us know it,share it!

tsaka pansin ko po pala na ung baseband version ko sa phone eh U700XXU1A0J5 pero sa kapatid ko nakita ko na nagstart ung sa kanya sa G610Y... ano po ba ibig sabihin nun and pano ko macorrect? thanks po!

Update (3): I've got some good news and bad news. The good news is Samsung Philippines already have the Nougat firmware in their system. Google sent the firmware a few days ago and it is being processed. The bad news is Samsung Philippines is in the midst of doubt to release the said firmware to the public. Addressing to this concern, the firmware must have an excellent result of compatibility and "bug-free" firmware. However, Google might have encoded some errors on the firmware that may result to bricking of the device.

Samsung Philippines already sent the feedback to the Head Office. Though, there's no reply since.

And for some greater news, it is already confirmed that Oreo will be coming to J7 Prime. But carriers may vary. This means that some carriers and regions will receive the Oreo update and some may not. So again, chances of Y variants is very low.

basahin nyo lang yung tutorial . do it your own risk kung di kayo makapagantay . Screenshot_20180130-140052.png

Attachments

Thanks ulit sa walang sawa mong Pag-info sa amin Miss Elyssa Mae Keep Up The Good Work! Kahit papano nababawasan yung inip dahil sa mga infos. Anyways, saan mo nga pala nakukuha mga information na yun Miss Elyssa Mae? or sa ang reliable source mo? hehe.

Hanggang ngayon wala pa din update ang j7 prime pag di nila to inupdate sa nougat stock na tayo sa marshmallow

I got my sources from Samsung Philippines. If you're asking how, I worked for Android Resource Management and Development in Samsung Philippines. Until I was tasked for the upcoming Database Center here in the Philippines. My information being stated here is the information I got from Samsung Philippines. It's up to all of you whether you believe it or not. I mean, why would I waste my time creating hoaxes and illusory information to mere blogpost?

Maam elyssa wala pa rin po bang update kung kelan release ng nougat sa j7 prime dito sa pinas? Im afraid na baka ma stock na tayo sa marshmallow kapag walang nougat na nirelease

Sadly, Samsung Philippines can't control the release of firmwares for Samsung devices. Google has the overall control, while Samsung Philippines only filters, modifies, and checks the firmware sent by Google. As I said on the previous post, Google sent the Nougat firmware for J7 Prime to Samsung Philippines. Through the process of filtering and modifying, they found out that there were a lot of bugs and errors to the firmware thus, forcing the firmware to be sent back to Google. Unfortunately, this will take a lot of time. So again, no exact date can be presumed.

Sadly, Samsung Philippines can't control the release of firmwares for Samsung devices. Google has the overall control, while Samsung Philippines only filters, modifies, and checks the firmware sent by Google. As I said on the previous post, Google sent the Nougat firmware for J7 Prime to Samsung Philippines. Through the process of filtering and modifying, they found out that there were a lot of bugs and errors to the firmware thus, forcing the firmware to be sent back to Google. Unfortunately, this will take a lot of time. So again, no exact date can be presumed.

Sus... Ano ba yannnnnnnnnnnn..

No. Firmware updates work systematically. This means that it is done using a step-by-step method. If a device on Marshmallow (6) didn't get an update to Nougat (7), then it will only stay on Marshmallow (6). There's no such thing as jumping into Oreo (8) without stepping up to Nougat (7) first.