What's new

S·T·S New PLDT Cat6 Prepaid Wifi (crowdsourcing)

Alin sa kanila ang mas maganda?

• CAT6 - Evoluzn

• CAT6 - BoostEven

• CAT6 - GreenPacket (OLD)

Results are only viewable after voting.
[XX='mashuser, c: 413860, m: 682955'][/XX] oks, salamat sa reply paps.. astig openlined na ung sau, sana sakin din pag dumating. hehe

[XX='mashuser, c: 414085, m: 682955'][/XX] If the modem is PXA1826, then it "should" be LTE Cat.7, at least according to this You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

(I said should, but manufacturers could easily restrict/reconfigure such chips, to sell them at a lower cost. I wonder if they could be "freed" if they were restricted that way. 😁)

Btw, pxa1826_cfg.tar.gz is the name of the exported config from R051, I also wonder if that is the same modem as well on such units. (I haven't tried opening up the RF shields on the PCB 😁)

[XX='mashuser, c: 414099, m: 682955'][/XX] Nung nakita ko sa YT ang unboxing and setup nyan R281, napansin ko agad resemblance ng webui niya sa R051.

Knowing R051 is based on OpenWRT, then root access on R281 can be easily achieved in the same way as on R051. I'm liking Boost Even more (pun intended 😅)

Wala pa ako niyang R281. Mukhang much better buy nga yan bukod sa readily accessible external antenna port and OpenWRT-based firmware, on a mPCIe slot pa yun LTE module (for easy repairs and/or replacement). Regarding band and/or cell ID locking for R281 and R051, a frontend via webui is much more convenient way of doing the same than issuing AT commands via the terminal.

[XX='bjarnco32, c: 415898, m: 1690679'][/XX]
Well i opened both of them, R051 indeed has the same ASR1802 Chip as the R281, but it's provisioned/set to be CAT4 modem, while the r281 is provisioned to be CAT6 (not even cat 7). I would want to test copying the reliable data from the r281 to the r051 though i dont know how to do that. The r281 has a bigger flash mem for the chips compared to the r051 and also uses ubi flash instead of plain emmc. so i wonder if its possible.

Well the webUI runs on the mediatek side btw on the r281 (try exporting the config from the pldt UI and it will emit a mt_cfg.tar.gz that is encrypted by openssl salt), though the lte modem chip also has openwrt in it and can run independently from the mediatek. Anyway as my comment above shows, I think there is no need to unlock the unit since the lte modem doesnt have mep data - i checked via serial interface and issuing PXA1826 AT command for the mepdata.

[XX='mashuser, c: 416783, m: 682955'][/XX] oh about the webUI, I am planning to code a similar "adminer" to the b312-939 thing that sends the xml commands to xml_action.cgi for sending the mep password. It wont even need flashing the custom firmware for r051 and/or marvell based modems.. but I dont know how to code for that yet, so its just a plan for now

@mashuser..oh about the webUI, I am planning to code a similar "adminer" to the b312-939 thing that sends the xml commands to xml_action.cgi for sending the mep password. It wont even need flashing the custom firmware for r051 and/or marvell based modems.. but I dont know how to code for that yet, so its just a plan for now
ibig sabihin if wala pang webui available, everytime na mag chechange ka ng band/cell id locking kailangan mo i issue yung P@A1826 AT commands via..CMD? Telnet ba gamit?

[XX='mashuser, c: 416783, m: 682955'][/XX] Woah, I DIDN'T EXPECT that R051 and R281 would have the same BB ASIC. I just opened my R051 and found the ASR1802 paired with an ASRRF858 RF ASIC and Winbond 25Q64FWIM 64Mb serial flash. The two are sold at different price points but carries the same ASIC? That's crazy, given the specs below.

From this PR [1], it says that ASR1802 is "based on the same product of Marvell," which I think is the ARMADA PXA1802 Multi-mode LTE R8 Cat.4. So how can this be a Cat.6? 😯🤔

Regarding the exported config on the R281, looks like they're learning security and are starting to plug holes, I wonder what other holes they plugged this time. 😅 I don't have the unit so I can't test.

BTW, good find on the MEP data for R281. The good news should be shared to many, that choosing PLDT Cat.6's Boost Even will be the better choice all around as it comes network unlocked.

1: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[XX='bjarnco32, c: 418151, m: 1690679'][/XX] kek, sorry didnt realize my mistake, quarantine sabaw mode

The two modems do use different ASR/marvell chips, but i guess from the same technology. Here are their pictures, R051 uses ASR 1802, and R281 uses ASR 1826.

Attachments

[XX='mashuser, c: 420161, m: 682955'][/XX] Hehe it's okay. It would really be crazy if the two are the same. My only gripe remaining then is that Boost Even didn't upgrade the SOC, opting to use the same from R051.

Thanks for the pics btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zander et. al. are at it again, this time releasing Band and CID locking for R281. From the desc, it looks like Bands 1, 3, 5, 28, 40, and 41 are supported. Nice 😁

I was able to band lock mine to band 3 using Putty: AT*Cell=1,1,3,1775 problem is it jumps between band 3/1, 3/5 and 3/28 (best). Since it's only allowing us to lock the primary band (I observed that the Cell ID remained the same even when it switches between the different 3/xx combinations), it's not as stable as a single band locked 936 modem.

Question. Why do we need to specify the ARFCN (1775)? For admin enabled modems, you can just choose band 40 and that's it, the router sticks to that band regardless of operating frequency. I found this PDF - although it's for a different brand of modem, is it possible to indicate a 'range' instead of a specific ARFCN?

Screenshot_20201024-234355.jpg

Is there an AT*Cell command that will let us specify the 'primary' and 'secondary' bands? How do I do it if I want it to stick to band 3/28?

Attachments

[XX='bjarnco32, c: 415898, m: 1690679'][/XX] paano ung root access? may link ka paps? Also, pwede kaya salpakan ng SIMCOM module dun sa pcie, parang papalitan ung current na nsa pcie ng R281?

Back