What's new

Crypto My Trading Journal (Forex)

Stalingrad

Eternal Poster
Solutions
Reaction
Yow! dahil nainspired ako sa nagpost here nung about sa trading journal niya, gagawa din ako nung akin. Out of the topic, I am a nursing student but more aligned yung mind ko into business that's why I started to learn about trading. I am a scalper or a day trader, I disliked being a swing trader knowing that the market is always unpredictable, I always like to secured my profits from day to day basis. Yung reason kung bakit gusto ko ipost yung trading journal ko is para mas mamotivate ako na magjournaling (tamad eh) plus para makatulong na din sa iba, extra knowledge sa mga gusto din tahakin yung trading business.

So let's proceed sa strat na gagamitin ko. I use Fibonacci Retracement plus price action sa 15M timeframe for my entry, EMA's, Market structure break, (dynamic) support and resistance, institutional levels and fractals for my confluence. My risk to reward ratio is 1:1 (using 1 lot per 3 position per trade including 1 runner) SL: 14.9 pips=105 usd in 1 lot size in a JPY pair (mandatory) 1st position TP: 14.9 pips/ 2nd position TP: Next level or S&R/ 3rd position (Runner): -0.27 or -0.62 level . Di ko pa masyadong master yung emotion ko that's why I will also take note about it during the span of 3 months.

Examples ng mga past trade ko and setups gamit yung fibs strat: (NZDJPY)
1687055237235.png
1687056839555.png
1687056881322.png

One of my rules is magtrade lang sa iisang pair which is the NZDJPY and magtrade during Asian Session (Yellow Marker). But I am a student that's why possible na makakapagtrade lang ako during London session (Blue marker). Magstart ako tommorow using Metatrader 5 Demo Account. Yon lang goodluck sakin hahahaha peace!

Attachments

1st Trade

Date: 06/19/2023
Session: Asian
Pair: NZD/JPY(New Zealand Dollar/Japanese Yen)
What time did you wake up: 8:00 AM
Time of Trade:8:15
Setup: Regular Fibs Setup
Positions: 3

Briefly explain the scenario: Significant market structure break, Regular Fibs Setup. It had confluence with 500 institutional level. Trade develop during the Asian Session. Overall Trade took about 2 hours to fully develop.

What did you do correct: Checking the news and currency meter strength beforehand. I also correct at trusting my analysis and my strategy all throughout the trade.

What mistakes did you make: Late entry due to not waking up earlier.

Your emotions before the trade: I feel good after sleeping within 8 hours, slightly hungry and slightly have a doubt if my analysis is correct due to the fact that the moving averages indicating bullishness. However, I trust my analysis and my strategy and even the trade go against me, I do not care.

What was your confidence level scale 1-10: 7

How can you improve this: Sleep and wake up more earlier and do things that will make me feel good without too much euphoria. I also need to do backtesting more to wholly trust my analysis and strategy without resistance in my mind.

How many pips was the entire move: 22 pips

Where did it bounce: 0.79 level

How many pips did I get from it: 36 pips

Win or Lesson: Win

Add a screenshot of your trade:
1687140523575.png

1687140558505.png

Update:
1687146307803.png

tumuloy pa yung pagbaba ng price but all goods pa din as long na asa profit side and mas macapitalize yung move. Possible na sa mga next trade, yung stop loss ng runner ko is breakeven plus 1.

Attachments

Last edited:
hi po, maraming salamat sa pag share ng journaling nyo sa forex, malaking tulong po ito sa mga gustong mag simula sa trading na katulad ko, itanung ko nalang din po if magkanu ang initial capital nyo po sa forex trading, maraming salamat

hi po, maraming salamat sa pag share ng journaling nyo sa forex, malaking tulong po ito sa mga gustong mag simula sa trading na katulad ko, itanung ko nalang din po if magkanu ang initial capital nyo po sa forex trading, maraming salamat
Hello po, yung initial capital ko po na nasunog nung nagopen ako ng live is 20 usd or 1k php, plus na din po yung extra welcome bonus which is 30 usd ni XM.

Hello po, yung initial capital ko po na nasunog nung nagopen ako ng live is 20 usd or 1k php, plus na din po yung extra welcome bonus which is 30 usd ni XM.
maramiang salamat po and good luck

tanung ko na din po, anu po yong criteria nyo sa paghahanap ng currency na e tratrade? thanks po.

Last edited:
2nd Trade

Date: 06/20/2023
What time did you wake up: 7:30 AM
Time of Trade:8:09 AM
Setup: Regular Fibs Setup

Briefly explain the scenario: Significant market structure break to the downside, Regular Fibs Setup. It had confluence with 50 SMA acting as support. Trade develop during the Asian Session. Overall Trade too k about 1 hour and 45 minutes to fully develop.

What did you do correct: Checking the news and currency meter strength beforehand and trading within my session. It is also correct that I choose to bail my last 2 position due to the fact that I am not trusting the chart anymore even it go in my favor after a minutes.

What mistakes did you make: Entering at the market even it is consolidating and not waiting patiently for the market to give me a more clearer information. The market is also ranging and I use the wrong setup for the trade

Your emotions before the trade: : I have a doubt to enter the trade due to it is consolidating,but still trust my instinct and experience and go with it. However, I still do not care even if I go wrong due to the fact that I know and accept my risk.

What was your confidence level scale 1-10: 6

How can you improve this: Need to back-test, and be a patient observer, I need to take note to identify the market environment first and use appropriate trading setup for it.

How many pips was the entire move: 22 pips
How many pips did I get from it:-15
Win or Lesson: Lesson. (identify the market environment first and use appropriate trading setup for it.)

Add a screenshot of your trade or draw the pattern on your notebook:

1687226230940.png

1687226249137.png

Correct Setup: (Ripple Effect Setup)

1687226386063.png

1687226675326.png

maramiang salamat po and good luck

tanung ko na din po, anu po yong criteria nyo sa paghahanap ng currency na e tratrade? thanks po.

Yung criteria ko po sa pagpili ng currency pair is yung time kung kelan po ako available magtrade and kung anong currency pair yung active sa time na po yon. Halimbawa po ako, dahil bakasyon ko po ngayon, between 7 am-8 am po ako nagtrade, which is time din po kung kelan nagstart yung asian session, and yung mga currency pair po na active during asian session(7 am - 3 pm) is Japanese Yen, Australian Dollar, New Zealand dollar etc. Pero kung mas active or pabor po na magtrade kayo mga bandang hapon ang magandang pair po ay GBP, USD, EUR etc. mga active naman po yan sa london session (3 pm onwards).

Attachments

Last edited:
Date: 06/21/2023
What time did you wake up: 8:15 AM
Time of Trade: 10:30 AM
Setup:Zone to zone setup (1 hour)

Trade Breakdown Analysis:Market structure break to the downside, the confluence is also aligned in 30 minutes,the50 SMA (red MA), 200 MA(white) too much momentum that’s why I believe that it’ll go down again. I also check the strength meter at 8 am, the NZD indicating bullishness and the yen is weakening.

How many pips did you catch: - 45

Briefly explain the scenario: Significant market structure break, 30 minutes time frame zone to zone setup. It had confluence with ,the 50 SMA (red MA), 200 MA(white). Trade develop during the Asian Session. Overall Trade took about 2 hours to fully develop.

What did you do correct: Checking the news and currency meter strength beforehand and trading within my session. The confluence is also aligned

What mistakes did you make: Early entry due to not trusting the pattern and view the trade in the higher time frame which is I am not that fully familiar.

Your emotions before the trade: Wake up okay. I do not care if I lose due tot the fact that the market is unpredictable and all of the given setups are unique.

How can you improve this: I need to back-test more using zone to zone setup in a higher time-frame, due to the fact that I am not that too familiarize to it.

How many pips was the entire move: 100 pips

How many pips did I get from it: -45

Win or Lesson: Lesson. Back-test to truly trust and familiarize every needed setup and a significant market structure break is also not a solely indicator if you will go long and short. Also, be a patient observer.

1687388010794.png

1687388388721.png

1687388373943.png

Note: Dito malalaman efficiency ng risk management or yung risk to reward ratio na napili ko. Sorry di nakapagpost kahapon. Nagreready na dahil start na summer class ko sa college. Try ko pa din magtrade mamaya pero baka sa london session na dahil may class na hahahah. Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:
Date: 06/21/2023
What time did you wake up: 8:15 AM
Time of Trade: 10:30 AM
Setup:Zone to zone setup (1 hour)

Trade Breakdown Analysis:Market structure break to the downside, the confluence is also aligned in 30 minutes,the50 SMA (red MA), 200 MA(white) too much momentum that’s why I believe that it’ll go down again. I also check the strength meter at 8 am, the NZD indicating bullishness and the yen is weakening.

How many pips did you catch: - 45

Briefly explain the scenario: Significant market structure break, 30 minutes time frame zone to zone setup. It had confluence with ,the 50 SMA (red MA), 200 MA(white). Trade develop during the Asian Session. Overall Trade took about 2 hours to fully develop.

What did you do correct: Checking the news and currency meter strength beforehand and trading within my session. The confluence is also aligned

What mistakes did you make: Early entry due to not trusting the pattern and view the trade in the higher time frame which is I am not that fully familiar.

Your emotions before the trade: Wake up okay. I do not care if I lose due tot the fact that the market is unpredictable and all of the given setups are unique.

How can you improve this: I need to back-test more using zone to zone setup in a higher time-frame, due to the fact that I am not that too familiarize to it.

How many pips was the entire move: 100 pips

How many pips did I get from it: -45

Win or Lesson: Lesson. Back-test to truly trust and familiarize every needed setup and a significant market structure break is also not a solely indicator if you will go long and short. Also, be a patient observer.

View attachment 2681356

View attachment 2681361

View attachment 2681360

Note: Dito malalaman efficiency ng risk management or yung risk to reward ratio na napili ko. Sorry di nakapagpost kahapon. Nagreready na dahil start na summer class ko sa college. Try ko pa din magtrade mamaya pero baka sa london session na dahil may class na hahahah. Thank you!
Juicy sa information, salamat :D

Back