What's new

My boy bestfriend and classmate in college for 2 years confessed to me (Solved)

Aizy02893

Forum Expert
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
I have a best friend for two years now. We are in the same course, and we are classmates. Actually, I've known him for 5 to 6 years na din pero these past years lang kami naging bff. A few months ago, his best friend told me that he likes me and begged me to pretend not to know. At first, I thought it was just a prank, so I went along with it. However, as time passed, I started to notice some signs of my boy bestfriend's affection, but I acted like i don't know anything. I did my best to kept pretending that I didn't know about his feelings for me. Today, while we were chatting online, he unexpectedly confessed his feelings to me, and I was caught off guard. I had been pretending to keep our friendship, but now that he had confessed, I didn't know what to do.

He asked me not to tell his best friend, but I couldn't keep it to myself. I called his best friend to ask for advice, but I realized that he was with him. I had to act quickly to change the topic and pretend that nothing was wrong. Later on, my best friend asked me why I was talking to his best friend, and I told him the truth. He then asked if he could court me, and I was scared. He told me that he will wait and some cringe stuffs. I didn't want to give him an answer right away, so I didn't open his message until now.

I have to admit that I had some feelings for him because when he ignored me for weeks, it made me uncomfortable and worried. I thought I might have done something wrong and confronted him with long messages, asking for forgiveness. He told me that he was just depressed, but now he confessed that he lied to me and ignored me because he likes me and don't know what to do. I feel awkward and guilty because I've known this for a while, but I was hoping he wouldn't confess.

To be honest, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship right now, especially since he's my classmate and best friend. I've had past breakups and am still dealing with the trauma from those experiences. All of my previous relationships were long-distance because I preferred it that way, but now it's different because he's so near. It's putting many relationships at risk, including our friendship.

In addition, my parents are strict, and my previous relationships were a secret. I did confess to them, and they were okay with it, but they warned me not to do it again. I feel like he deserves someone better than me, especially since this is his first relationship. I don't want to hurt him, but I also don't want to lead him on. It's a difficult situation, and I need time to figure things out.

All in all, it's been a rollercoaster of emotions, and I'm not sure what to do. On the one hand, I don't want to ruin our friendship, but on the other hand, I don't want to lead him on. I want to reject him but at the same time I feel that I will regret this. It's a tough situation, and I need your advices. What to do? Gulo ko pala.

UPDATE: Thank you for your advices. I decided to confront him and reject him in a good way. I also told him the factors that lead me to this decision: our age, my parent's expectations, my past traumas, and our goals. He actually accepted it calmly and said na he is willing to wait until that time. Thankfully, we stayed as bestfriends and our friendship wasn't destroyed. I might regret this in the future, but I believe that this is the most logical decision because we are still too young and unstable. Anyways, I don't know what our future holds, but I'm happy with this outcome.

Last edited:
For sure alam mo naman sa sarili mo kung hanggang saan ka lang, ikaw lang makakasagot niyan trust me.
Thanks mi, I think so too. I'm just feeling overwhelmed rn kaya nakasulat ng lsm dito haha thank you po

Last edited:
Pwede mo naman sabihin ng totoo na di ka pa ready. Inisip din niya kung ano ang outcome. He takes the risk and no matter what the outcome is even if you hurt him. Pero mga lalaki kasi one outcome lang ang iniisip kagaya ko.

First, ask yourself if you are ready to break your friendship because once you are hurt and separated, that friendship is hard to restore..
Second, are you ready for a relationship, only you can answer that. It's possible that you feel something but feel good, maybe it's just the love of friendship

Pwede mo naman sabihin ng totoo na di ka pa ready. Inisip din niya kung ano ang outcome. He takes the risk and no matter what the outcome is even if you hurt him. Pero mga lalaki kasi one outcome lang ang iniisip kagaya ko.
That's true. I'm scared of that din, I don't want to hurt him. Thanks po

No.. a friend will always be a friend. But pwede rin bigyan ng benefits. Joke.. hahaha
Pinatawa moko lodz, thank you

First, ask yourself if you are ready to break your friendship because once you are hurt and separated, that friendship is hard to restore..
Second, are you ready for a relationship, only you can answer that. It's possible that you feel something but feel good, maybe it's just the love of friendship
Thanks mi, yan din ang kinakatakot ko. May point ka, mahirap talaga kasi baka friendship lang yung love na nararamdaman ko masaktan ko pa siya sa huli

Actually honestly eventually there is a possibility.

de joke lang.
Sa totoo lang 28yrs old na ko and marami na kong nakita na mag bestfriend na naging mag asawa na, skies the limit eh.
So syempre pwede mo subukan wala naman mawawala, and I'm sure after all still besfriends parin kayo kahit hindi mag workout yung relationship.
Magkakaroon lang talaga ng heartbreak process syempre normal naman yun eh, pero pag tapos non ok na ulit.

Yun ay sa akin lamang, final decision syempre ikaw yon.

pinakamadaling sagot jan is Tell the truth...Just be yourself...Iba kasi takbo ng utak ng mga lalaki..habang tumatagal..Lalong ng eexpect...and isa pa..you have reasons naman kung bakit ndi ka ready and mas pinahahalagahan mo yung pgkakaibigan ninyo...for sure maiintindihan nya yan..kung ndi...Hindi sya worth it..m

pinakamadaling sagot jan is Tell the truth...Just be yourself...Iba kasi takbo ng utak ng mga lalaki..habang tumatagal..Lalong ng eexpect...and isa pa..you have reasons naman kung bakit ndi ka ready and mas pinahahalagahan mo yung pgkakaibigan ninyo...for sure maiintindihan nya yan..kung ndi...Hindi sya worth it..m
Agree dito.

If awkward na, mahirap na yung status nyo as 'best'-friend.

And yung love nga sabi sa taas, baka love-for-friends lang.

And 2years? For me kasi di ko maituturuing na bestfriend na agad yun if parang ganon lang katagal, and opposite gender pa.

So yun nga sabi din ng ibang comment, tell the truth, and if di nya kaya na 'friends' lang. Baka mahirap na ituloy yung pagiging 'friends only' nyo. Lalo na if awkward na.

Kinda related to the guy, you already stated mga factors bakit di ka ready for a relationship, yiu gotta decide on that and please lang after rejecting/making him to stop liking you or warning not to court you, please don't be someone else's girlfriend agad after what happen sa inyong dalawa. Trust me it would be his villain era. Best friend mo siya maybe you can do a favor for him on that. Share ko lang yung nangyare saken after di siya ready saken naging ready sa iba.

If awkward na, mahirap na yung status nyo as 'best'-friend.

And yung love nga sabi sa taas, baka love-for-friends lang.

And 2years? For me kasi di ko maituturuing na bestfriend na agad yun if parang ganon lang katagal, and opposite gender pa.

So yun nga sabi din ng ibang comment, tell the truth, and if di nya kaya na 'friends' lang. Baka mahirap na ituloy yung pagiging 'friends only' nyo. Lalo na if awkward na.
Bestfriend for 2 years but I've known him for 6 years na

LoL. Ligaw palang naman ang tinanong pero ang dating sayo eh relasyon na agad. Medyo O.A sa part na yan. Kung hindi ka ready but the feeling is mutual bakit hindi mo payagan na manligaw. Yung "hindi pa ko ready sa relasyon" eh masyadong generic na sagot tapos pag may niligawan na iba yan anong sasabihin mo sa iba. Act like a woman not like a little girl on the street waiting for someone to give you some candies.

LoL. Ligaw palang naman ang tinanong pero ang dating sayo eh relasyon na agad. Medyo O.A sa part na yan. Kung hindi ka ready but the feeling is mutual bakit hindi mo payagan na manligaw. Yung "hindi pa ko ready sa relasyon" eh masyadong generic na sagot tapos pag may niligawan na iba yan anong sasabihin mo sa iba. Act like a woman not like a little girl on the street waiting for someone to give you some candies.
It's not being O.A po, we are too young and being logical is not bad at all.

It's not being O.A po, we are too young and being logical is not bad at all.
Saan yung pagiging "logical" ? Kasi sa totoo lang yung ganyang attitude sa mga babae ang pinaka nakaka-bwiset. Laging kayo ang biktima pero sa totoong senaryo eh kayo yung mga nagpa-paasa. Kung talagang sa tingin mo ay "bata" pa kayo bakit hindi mo sya i-reject. Maging direct to the point kayo at hindi yung kesyo ganito kesyo ganyan. SKL Good Luck parin sa kahihinatnat 🤣
P.S - Nakakabadtrip talaga maging direkta kayo mag desisyon wag yung laging double-sided na kapag sa iba ibinaling yung pagtingin ng lalaki eh magmumukmok kayo to the point na sainyo mismo yung may mali. Reject kung reject para makapag move on agad yung lalaki at makahanap ng mas better/worst sa mga katulad nyo. Gamitin nyo yung word na "basted" kesa umasa ng umasa ng umasa yung isa hindi yung "hindi pa ko ready" pero nagseselos kapag may ibang nakakausap o nakakasama 👎