What's new

Help Locking LTE Bands - PLDT Home FX-ID3

Juan_75

Honorary Poster
Established
Hello experts,

I am trying to understand what difference it makes when locking one (1) LTE band on our modem versus letting all the LTE bands' frequencies flow in.

Currently locked to bands 28 and 3 on my modem, but I'm wondering what happens when I lock all the bands on this FX ID3.

Many in this community suggest only selecting one band and lock it, but due to uncertainties as to which bands are available in my area I am thinking of simply locking all of these bands and hope for the best results.

What are your thoughts? Looking forward to your help.

Thank you in advance!

My goal when I made this set up was to always pick-up LTE band 1 as default.

When you set-up "Time Disconnect add Band 1" to Zero (0) and uncheck all other bands, it will automatically select Band 1.

In this photo, "Times" indicates the timeframe when Band 28 will get activated. In this case, it's between 11:30 pm - 5:55 am. And this only affects Band 28. All other open bands will not be selected unless you tick them.

Current firmware is Evoluzn_PLDT_ID3_1.1.0

1591242869452.png

Attachments

When you set-up "Time Disconnect add Band 1" to Zero (0) and uncheck all other bands, it will automatically select Band 1.

In this photo, "Times" indicates the timeframe when Band 28 will get activated. In this case, it's between 11:30 pm - 5:55 am. And this only affects Band 28. All other open bands will not be selected unless you tick them.

View attachment 863251
Thanks for taking time to reply to my question.
I did the same thing with my modem and current firmware.
Unfortunately it did not switch to band 1 automatically.
I have tried rebooting the modem as well when it did not switch to band 1 automatically.

I'd say you put a check mark on the weakest/non-existent LTE band in your area that is available in the selection. That way, when your modem cannot connect to the "Weak" LTE band, it will route to band 1. Let me know if that changes anything.

View attachment 863251
I wanted to update you with the results.
I have tried resetting my router and i did as what you told me.
Now I have band 1 selected.
You mentioned earlier that following the setup indicated on the image will let me select band 1 ( which i did thanks btw )
but my question is regarding what you said regarding band 28.
so you said that following the setup above, my modem will be connected to band 1 and by 11:30pm - 5:55 am my modem will switch me back to band 28, am I understanding this correctly?

[XX='Juan_75, c: 7936, m: 1689372'][/XX] Please check my updated reply on your post :)
I would appreciate if you can take a look at that.
I have band 1 now, but I wanted to make sure that I wont be connected to other bands aside from band 1.
Any idea on how I can set that up properly?

I wanted to update you with the results.
I have tried resetting my router and i did as what you told me.
Now I have band 1 selected.
You mentioned earlier that following the setup indicated on the image will let me select band 1 ( which i did thanks btw )
but my question is regarding what you said regarding band 28.
so you said that following the setup above, my modem will be connected to band 1 and by 11:30pm - 5:55 am my modem will switch me back to band 28, am I understanding this correctly?
Magic! :)

FX ID3 unfortunately doesn't want us to escape Band 28 the entire day. You can set it up like what's on the screenshot below. That way, Band 28 will only get activated between 11:55 pm - 12 midnight. You might ask if this can be set up for Band 28 to be activated at dawn, but it doesn't work that way. I tried. :( AND yes, you got it right!

1591264081751.png

Attachments

Magic! :)

FX ID3 unfortunately doesn't want us to escape Band 28 the entire day. You can set it up like what's on the screenshot below. That way, Band 28 will only get activated between 11:55 pm - 12 midnight. You might ask if this can be set up for Band 28 to be activated at dawn, but it doesn't work that way. I tried. :( AND yes, you got it right!

View attachment 863445
Well, thanks for all the information and help! :)
I'll try and do what you have suggested. Thank you again!

View attachment 863251
Sir the most reliable band in my area is band 28, And i cant turn it on even band1 can you send me help regarding to my issue, thanks Godbless