What's new

Korean vlogger Tzuyang apologizes for mocking Filipinos; PH No. 6 in SK's most hated country survey

Vlogger Tzuyang (right) laughs as Korean comedian Kim Ji-young (left) introduces herself as a Filipino in a YøùTùbé video uploaded on Jan. 28 (Screenshot from Edzel Marc Robion's reuploaded video)
dfgdfg.jpg

Korean YøùTùbé vlogger Tzuyang (real name Park Jung-won) apologized for uploading a video in which she and a Korean comedian made fun of, mocked and stereotyped Filipinos.

Tzuyang (쯔양) is a “mukbang” vlogger who uploads videos showing her eating different kinds of food.

In a video she uploaded on Jan. 28 on her YøùTùbé channel, which has 9.28 million subscribers, Tzuyang had Korean comedian Kim Ji-young as a guest, who pretended to be a Filipina who married a Korean man.

Kim Ji-young started talking in Filipinos’ Korean accent that made Tzuyang laugh.

“I came here because I wanted to get married. My husband met me. He is talented in many things. He is good at massaging and driving,” she said.

She added that she got interested in Korean men after watching Korean dramas, adding that she likes actor Cha Eun-woo and BTS, especially Jungkook.

Kim Ji-young said she lives in Boryeong, a city in South Chungcheong Province in South Korea and runs an oyster restaurant.

Tzuyang laughed at her accent and when she asked her about her “imitating that way of speaking,” Kim Ji-young replied, “I’m Filipino.”

After the video was uploaded, Filipino netizens got angry and demanded that Tzuyang apologize for making fun of Filipinos.

“Mocking the filipino accent when thousands of koreans literally go to the philippines JUST to study and learn english? Lol tzuyang i expected more from you. How disappointing!” one netizen commented on Tzuyang’s Instagram account.

Others wrote, “There’s a special place in hell for people like u” and “Boycot her channel and unsubscribe her, karma deserve what you deserve.”

After the backlash, Tzuyang posted an apology in English, Filipino and Korean on her YøùTùbé channel.

The video was deleted from her YøùTùbé channel but one netizen managed to save it as evidence.

Here is her apology:

Hello po Tzuyang po ito

Gusto ko po mag express ng aking sincerest apology regarding sa video na i-upload noong 28th ng Enero kasama ng mga Komedyans na Koreano para sa mga Filipino viewers at mga subscribers po.

Gusto ko po mag sabi na marami po akong respeto kay Pilipinas at lagi naman po akong mag sasalamat sa mga lahat ng viewers ko sa Pilipinas

Pero hindi po ako na pansin na itong content ngayon ay pwede maging offensive sa ibang viewers.

bigay ng aking sincere na apology sa mga lahat ng viewers ko sa Pilipinas at mga viewer na mag offened

Yung Video po ay mag-deleted na po ngayon.

Salamat po para sa mga mag salitang feedback nyo at mag iingat at maalalahanin ko po sa mga contents na gawa sa hinaharap

—---------------

Hello, this is tzuyang.

I want to extend my sincere apologies to our Filipino viewers and subscribers for any concerns caused by the video uploaded on January 28th with a Korean comedian.

I hold great respect for the Philippines and feel genuinely grateful to the many viewers in the Philippines who enjoy my videos.

However, it was a huge oversight on my part not to realize that the content we produced might unintentionally cause emotional pain, which was not our intention.

I sincerely apologize once again to the Filipino viewers and to anyone who felt uncomfortable watching the video.

We have already removed the video in question. I will carefully heed the criticisms and comments from our viewers and will make every effort to be thoughtful and attentive when creating content in the future.

Mocking video:
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

Japan and S.Korea very depressing country, kaya nga mag stick nalang kayo sa anime or kpop. Also expected naman yan sa isang homogeneous country na mahilig mag stereotype nang ibang culture, for them is just harmless joke pero sa katulad natin na multi-culture country ito ay rude behavior.

Back