What's new

Japanese PM vows to raise childcare leave benefits

TOKYO: Japan's Prime Minister Fumio Kishida vowed on Friday to increase childcare leave benefits in a bid to reverse the East Asian country's plummeting birth rate.Kishida told a news conference that the next six to seven years would be Japan's last chance to reverse its declining birth trend, saying his government would prioritize implementing unprecedented measure
The premier also said the government would provide assistance to employers in encouraging their male workers to take childcare leave. Only about 14 percent of eligible male workers in Japan took parental leave in 2021, while the government aims to raise the figure to 50 percent in three years.

He also pledged to provide benefits to freelancers and self-employed professionals who stand to lose income after the birth of a baby.

The number of babies born in Japan last year slipped to a record low, falling under 800,000 for the first time since records began in 1899. The drop comes much earlier than the government expected.

Kishida said his government would reveal the new scheme's outline along with its policy package in June.
s to turn the situation around.

It's not me jumping into conclusion but the decrease in Japan's birth rate is because of their obsession to work and work and work and work. They are working their ass off without noticing that their *** life is impacted.

➡️You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.⬅️
Soul Calibre | Guardian Angel
"Life is TOUGH but I don't give a shit because I know I am AWESOME"

Back