What's new

Help HP windows 11 camera not working

iamjherzel

Forum Guru
Elite
Hello, baka po may nakakaalam kung paano ayusin yung camera ng laptop ko? Windows 11, HP.
Black lang po kasi pag inoopen camera. Inupdate kona din po mga drivers ayaw pa rin po gumana, chineck kona din po lahat sa settings.

Sana po may makatulong, need lang gamitin bukas. Thank you agad.

IMG20231001204151.jpg

Attachments

Hi! I understand that you're experiencing issues with the camera on your HP laptop running Windows 11. It can be frustrating when your camera doesn't work as expected, but I'll do my best to help you troubleshoot the problem.

First, let's verify a few things:
1. Double-check if any physical camera covers or sliders are blocking the camera lens. Sometimes they can be easily overlooked.
2. Ensure that no other application or software is using the camera simultaneously. Close any apps that might be accessing the camera, such as video conferencing software or camera-related apps.

Since you mentioned that you already updated the drivers and checked the settings, I'll suggest a few additional troubleshooting steps:

1. Reinstall the camera driver: Go to the HP support website, enter your laptop model, and download the latest camera driver compatible with Windows 11. Uninstall the current camera driver from Device Manager, then restart your laptop and install the newly downloaded driver.

2. Reset the camera app: Open the Windows Settings app (Win + I), go to Apps -> Apps & features, locate the Camera app, click on it, and select Advanced options. In the new window, click on the Reset button to reset the camera app to its default settings.

3. Check for Windows updates: Make sure that your Windows 11 is up to date. Open the Settings app, go to Windows Update, and click on Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your laptop if necessary.

4. Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter: Open the Settings app, go to System -> Troubleshoot, and under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter and see if it can detect and fix any issues with the camera.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there might be a hardware problem with the camera itself. In that case, I recommend reaching out to HP support or taking your laptop to an authorized HP service center for further assistance.

I hope these steps help you resolve the camera issue on your HP laptop. Good luck, and I hope you can use your camera successfully soon!

Attachments

Last edited:
natry mo na eremove yung device mismo sa device manager paps? or lahat ng troubleshooting nagawa mo na, malamang hardware na talaga yan.
Oo boss uninstall kona eh tas reinstall, ayaw talaga. 😩 Bago pa tong lappy eh nung nakaraan oks naman sya nagagamit ko sa zoom. Tas biglang nagblack nalang.

Did you check for any "webcam kill switch" button?

The HP Envy x360 model has this button located either to the right side of the F12 key

OR, on the right side in the form of a slider button

Last edited:
Oo boss uninstall kona eh tas reinstall, ayaw talaga. 😩 Bago pa tong lappy eh nung nakaraan oks naman sya nagagamit ko sa zoom. Tas biglang nagblack nalang.
hardware na yan paps dapat kase detected sya if mag camera test ka sa sites pati sa mismong app. Natry mo na ba din mag update ng windows?

wala ba siyang light indicator kapag inoopen yung camera ? , try mo irollback yung drivers ng camera tapos tsaka mo iupdate , try mo din mag firmware bios update if ganun parin possible hardware issue na yan.

Gamit ka ng hp image assistant sa pag update kasi dun madedetect yung mga critical drivers at mga need iupdate. dyan mo na din update yung bios

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
hardware na yan paps dapat kase detected sya if mag camera test ka sa sites pati sa mismong app. Natry mo na ba din mag update ng windows?
Yes boss updated naman sya boss 😭

wala ba siyang light indicator kapag inoopen yung camera ? , try mo irollback yung drivers ng camera tapos tsaka mo iupdate , try mo din mag firmware bios update if ganun parin possible hardware issue na yan.

Gamit ka ng hp image assistant sa pag update kasi dun madedetect yung mga critical drivers at mga need iupdate. dyan mo na din update yung bios

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
May ilaw boss yung camera pag ginagamit eh pero black screen lang

Nadownload kona boss paano ba ito gamitin.

Last edited:
Last edited: