What's new

Help How to make ssd as boot drive

Petunia08

Forum Guru
Elite
Pano siya gawin paps? Bumili kasi ako ng 128gb na m.2 ssd kasi ang balak ko for os tong m.2 ko then ung hdd ko is for storage ngayun gumamit ako ng macrium reflect finifigure out ko pa kung pano i clone lng ung os kasi hindi kasya pag ni clone ko ang buong hdd ko. Pa help paps pano i clone lng ung os lng

Hello!

To clone just the OS to your new M.2 SSD, you can follow these steps:

1. Install and open Macrium Reflect on your computer.
2. Connect your M.2 SSD to your computer using an appropriate adapter or slot.
3. In Macrium Reflect, click on "Clone this Disk" option from the main menu.
4. Select your current HDD as the source disk, and choose your M.2 SSD as the destination disk.
5. Make sure the option to clone only the OS partition is selected.
6. Review the settings and ensure everything is correct before proceeding.
7. Click "Clone" to start the cloning process.
8. Wait for the cloning process to complete. This may take some time depending on the size of your OS partition.
9. Once the cloning is finished, shut down your computer.
10. Disconnect the HDD from your computer and connect the M.2 SSD in the same port where the HDD was connected.
11. Start your computer and enter the BIOS settings.
12. Set the M.2 SSD as the primary boot device in the BIOS.
13. Save the changes and exit the BIOS.
14. Your computer should now boot from the M.2 SSD, with all your OS files and settings intact.

Remember to keep a backup of your important files before performing any disk cloning operation, just to be safe.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ang ginawa ko dati nagpartition ako ng HDD, yung 1TB na hdd ko ginawa kong 250/750 ata basta yung maliit eh kakasya dun sa ssd ko na 256GB.

Tapos clone lang yung OS partiton. Masaklap lang eh may 2 partition din yung SSD ko haha, kaya hinayaan ko na lang na ganun dati kasi 1 slot lang pede sa laptop ko.