What's new

Closed Grace or law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayie

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Are you standing on Grace-ground or on the Jewish Law-ground? Most people don't know the function of the Law. The Law came in that the offense might abound. The strength of sin is the Law. The spring of holiness is grace. Some people think that after you are saved by grace, you have to keep the Law to live a Holy life. That is error. The correct way: You started by grace through faith and you continue with grace through faith. We are dead to the Law! The Law was given and Jesus brought it to it's pristine standard. Jesus used the Law to make man guilty and for them to realize their need for a Savior. Being dead to the Law means you don't respond to the Law! Jesus' death on the cross is counted as our death too. We are dead to the Law.

The flesh is not your body. The flesh is the part of you that wants to sin and wants to do wrong. In our flesh dwells no good thing. Although we are not in the flesh, we have the flesh in us. We are in the Spirit.

“Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead,that we should bear fruit to God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at working our members to bear fruit to death. But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.” ‭‭(Romans‬ ‭7:4-8‬‭NKJV‬‬)

To understand the total forgiveness of sins, we have to understand the value of the person Who sacrificed Himself on the cross for us. He alone, because He was sinless, could pay for all the sins of every man. When our Lord Jesus died at Calvary, He took all of humanity's sins with one sacrifice of Himself at the cross. He took the judgment, punishment, and condemnation for all sins upon Himself. That's the value of the one Man, Jesus. He is an overpayment for all our sins.

Because Jesus' blood continually cleanses you, you cannot bounce in and out of the light of Christ, in and out of being seated in the heavenly places in Christ, in and out of being forgiven, justified, and made righteous, or in and out of fellowship with God. It is not a sometimes-yes-sometimes-no salvation, but a salvation that has secured a YES to all of God's promises because of the blood of Jesus (see 2 Corinthians 1:19-20)!

Status
Not open for further replies.