What's new

Closed God's grace ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayie

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Every which way you turn Jesus, He is perfect. He is altogether lovely.

Jesus sees the unsaved as sheep without a shepherd, not rebellious people. Jesus is the Good Shepherd.

Acts 20:20-21 - Repentance means "change of mind". Change your mind to believe that God is for you, not against you. When the Truth is being preached, repentance is going on.

"You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus." (Acts 20:20-21 NJKV)

Right believing produces right living. The righteous shall live by faith.

Fruit of the spirit versus works of the flesh. Fruit is the result of life. Works is the result of effort.

People can get very legalistic about faith. Faith is to help and to lift people up.

Romans 1:16-17 - "Salvation" here is "sozo" in Hebrew which means healing, safety from danger, as well as salvation from hell. Paul's message is about being able to receive good that we do not deserve, because Jesus received all the bad that we deserved. It is not the traditional belief of doing good before receiving good. People suffering from **** addiction, drug addiction and all addictions, can be delivered. In the midst of your sin, declare that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. The devil and your flesh will come screaming at you, calling you a hypocrite. The devil wants you to define yourself by your actions. God defines you by Jesus!

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”" (Romans 1:16-17 NKJV)

If you are a believer, God will always see you as righteous, even in the midst of your sin. This is because what Jesus did at the cross is greater than the sin that Adam did. This knowledge produces a rest in us that allows the fruit of the spirit to be produced in us.

Grace is the gospel. Grace is not a teaching, it is the person of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You can't be under grace and not be holy, just like how you can't be touching water and not be wet.

430009588.jpg
What Jesus did at the cross is greater than the sin that Adam did. You cannot lose your salvation by your works once you have been saved.

Romans 5:19 - Because of Adam's sin, sickness and death came into the world. God hates death. Sickness and death were not God's dream for us when He created man. God hates sin because He loves us. God hates sin to the degree that He loves us. He reconciled this by saving us, and judging Jesus at the cross. Jesus was condemned at the cross so that we have a righteous foundation to be righteous today. Once we are righteous, we cannot lose the gift of righteousness. We sin because we are sinners. We are sinners because of Adam's sin. By Jesus's obedience - One Man's obedience, we are made righteous!

"For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19 NKJV)

Obedience of faith is nothing more than right believing.

When we were sinners, there were some good things that we did. But those good things did not change our status as a sinner.

If we can stop the wrong and do the right, we don't need Jesus. Israel had the Law, but they were unable to obey it perfectly.

I John 4:17 - Just as Jesus is, glorified at the Father's right hand, so are we right now in this world.

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (I John 4:17 NKJV)

Galatians 1:6-9 - Nowadays, preaching grace is widely considered as preaching a different gospel. In the beginning of the church, anything other than preaching grace was considered preaching another gospel. The New Testament double-curse is upon anyone who preaches any other gospel than grace. If we preach the gospel of grace, we will be doubly-blessed.

"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:6-9 NKJV)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.