What's new

Extend Storage Using SD card (SD Adoption)

dudut86

Addict
Reaction
Disclaimer:
I will not be responsible to whatever happens to your phone
Formating SD will erase all data so backup first

What you need

ADB, your phone, data cable and phone drivers (which will automatically install when you plug in your phone in your PC)
I recommend using Minimal ADB download search via xda

1. Go to your phone settings and enable developer options by going to settings>about phone > tap build number several times untill you get a 'you are now a developer' promt
2. navigate to usb debugging and toggle it (enable it)
3. Connect your phone to pc wait for drivers to be installed
4. keep an eye on your phone a prompt will appear RSA key authorization prompt, check always trust and tap ok/accept
5. find your minimal adb download extract folder to desktop or find where your adb directory is
6. if the folder is in desktop click on it and press shift then click open new proccess here.
7. Windows CMD will appear
8. type adb devices
9. you will know if your phone is connected if you get a 'device xxxxxxxxxxx' (x are numbers and letters)
10. type adb shell
11. type sm list-disks then hit enter you will get your sd card id which looks like this disk:179,192 (this is my sd id yours may be different)
11. This is important you need to unmount first your sd card so we need to type in the unmount command sm unmount disk:xxx:xxx (xxx:xxx is your sd id it should look like this sm unmount disk:179,192 check your storage your sd should be ejected
now you need to mount it again just type sm mount disk:xxx:xxx
12. now check back storage and look if sd is mounted. if it is mounted lets proceed to adopting it
13 type sm set-force-adoptable true then hit enter
14. type now sm partition disk:xxx:xxx mixed 50 or private (mixed 50 is 50% internal 50% adoptable while private is full adoptable)

Finally check on your storage you will now see total volume is 32gb (i have 16gb sdcard+16gb internal)
on storage you will see a new sd under internal storage click on it and tap below the 3 dot menu and tap migrate data

Congratulations your sd is now adopted and part (or whole, depending on your choice) is now formated as internal storage

Notes:
1, you need to use fast sd cards.
2. installations will automatically go to your adopted space
3. sd cannot be used on other devices
4. only the public part of sd will be displayable on PCs