What's new

Closed Duterte Is Turning Philippines Into A More Corrupt And Less Democratic State

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Philippines is getting a more corrupt and less democratic state under President Rodrigo Duterte. That's according to recent rankings published by international agencies.

The Philippines is the 113 least corrupt nation out of 180 countries, according to the 2019 Corruption Perceptions Index reported by Transparency International. That's 14 notches below the 2018 ranking and 18 down from 2015 before Duterte becomes President!

Meanwhile, the Philippines slid down one notch in the Economist Intelligence Unit's (EIU) Democracy Index for 2019, to 54th place.

That's on top of two notches it slid in 2018.

Rising corruption means that President Duterte's anti-corruption rhetoric that helped him grow in power was just that — rhetoric. Meanwhile, his death squads and attacks on media have undermined the country's democratic institutions, without helping the Philippines in the corruption front.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

For my DDS 'friends" who cannot understand why it's bad that the rating went down:

Bumaba ang rating nya: ibig sabihin mas malayo sya sa top 10...
Number 1 sa listahan ay pinaka magandang bansa, then number 2... number 3... hangang number 180 ang pinaka corrupt. Pilipinas ay # 113. Noon 2015 #95 ang Pilipinas.

Last edited:
Masyado ng banta sa pandaigdigang merkado ang USA ngayon.. iba na ang kanilang armas ngayon para mapabagsak ang isang bansa at ito ang economic sanctions. kung ang isang bansa ay masyadong naka-rely sa USA, maaari itoy gamitin para mapasunod lang ang mga maliliit na bansa gaya ng Pilipinas sa kanilang gusto. kailangan natin ng bansang malaya.. na nagkakaisa sa isang layunin na naaayon sa interes ng ating bansa. hindi sa interes ng USA..

Pinas has been a US colony for ages after they bought us from the effing spaniards. You know, the Mock Battle of Manila Bay. That's all their shady dealings started. Ikaw na magsabi kung ano na kalagayan ng ex-colony na bansa mo.
Philippines was richest in Southeast Asia and corruption level was minimal in the 1960s until Marcos fvcked it up. The US taught PH good governance well.

https://phc.onl/#forbidden#/UBxShAYmHVE

really dong? baka natakot ang us nung sinabi ni marcos na magkakaroon ng currency ang pinas at 1:1 ang palitang ng dollar at peso. you ****ed it up by your aquino regime

I'm gonna stop. It looks like I'm responding to a bot 'merican propagandist here who has a twisted view in regards to the state of pinas. Who believes that you can criticize the people in power, the elite without your security getting compromised.

Last edited:
those are serious allegation without proof of evidence, how dare you say that?
Incompetent? show us your resume for you to say incompetent!
hahahahaha... sorry, I cannot stop laughing! Are you for real??? 😂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus, this "initializing" guy downvoting a quote from Abraham Lincoln... let me guess: baka dilawan si Lincoln :ROFLMAO: I bet he even does know who was A. Lincoln!

If only scientists could harness dds ignorance energy we could power the world (y)

Last edited:
hahahahaha... sorry, I cannot stop laughing! Are you for real??? 😂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus, this "initializing" guy downvoting a quote from Abraham Lincoln... let me guess: baka dilawan si Lincoln :ROFLMAO: I bet he even does know who was A. Lincoln!

If only scientists could harness dds ignorance energy we could power the world (y)
hahaha basa2x po kung san ako ngreact sa comment mo, i'm not talking about lincoln quote TS hahahaha

hahaha basa2x po kung san ako ngreact sa comment mo, i'm not talking about lincoln quote TS hahahaha
Oh my... you seriously need to improve your reading comprehension!
Did you see the line between my 2 comments? Do you understand when I say: this "initializing" guy ...
I pity you talaga...

Oh my... you seriously need to improve your reading comprehension!
Did you see the line between my 2 comments? Do you understand when I say: this "initializing" guy ...
I pity you talaga...
wow ang **** mo, sa isang comment lang ako ngreact hindi sa 2 comments mo hahahahahah bye panot hirap mo kausap hahaha

1581653629274.png

So true!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back