printMax(new double[]{1, 2, 3});

}

public static void printMax(double... numbers ) {

if (numbers.length == 0) {
System.out.println("No argument passed");

return;
}
double result = numbers[0];
for (int i = 1; i < numbers.length; i++)
if (numbers > result)
result = numbers;
System.out.println("The max value is " + result);
}
}

This Java program demonstrates the use of variable arguments (varargs) in a method.

The VarArgsDemo class contains a main method and a printMax method. In the main method, two calls to the printMax method are made with different sets of arguments:

- printMax(34, 3, 3, 2, 56.5) - This is an example of passing multiple arguments directly to the method. The arguments are separated by commas within the parentheses.

- printMax(new double[]{1, 2, 3}) - This is an example of passing an array of arguments to the method. The argument is enclosed in square brackets and preceded by the new keyword to create a new array object.

The printMax method is defined as accepting a variable number of arguments of type double. The syntax for this is double... numbers. Inside the method, the numbers variable is treated as an array of double values.

The first line of the printMax method checks whether any arguments were passed to the method by checking the length of the numbers array. If the length is 0, it prints the message "No argument passed" and exits the method using the return statement.

If there are arguments in the numbers array, the method finds the maximum value among them using a loop. The loop starts at index 1 (since we've already set result to the first value in the array) and compares each subsequent value to the current result value. If a value is greater than result, it becomes the new result.

Finally, the method prints the maximum value found using the println statement.

Overall, this program shows how varargs can be used to create a method that can accept a variable number of arguments, making it more flexible and versatile.