What's new

Closed Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHC-Metanoia

Forum Expert
Elite
I just have a suggestion: that staff members remain apolitical and unbiased when it comes to enforcing the rules. If ever they participate in debates, they should remain fair and not let personal beliefs blind them in enforcing the rules. I am not referring to all staff members, only to those who fall under one or more of the aforementioned description.

Case on point, this comment: https://phcorner.net/threads/810394/page-10#post-14309371
0001.png

It is stated in the rules: Posts containing racism, foul words, bullying, rudeness, discriminating or threatening other members are not allowed. This comment clearly violates this rule.

On that same thread, there was a member who was banned because his/her beliefs were different. Whereas no sanctions where given against the member who kept calling someone 'engot'. Isn't it unfair to impose rules and yet, break the rules you have vowed to uphold? Shouldn't rules be enforced on all, regardless of their political stance?

Another example: https://phcorner.net/threads/820820/#post-14481368
A moderator participated in a political debate but closed the thread because the TS did not provide reliable sources. While this is understandable, shouldn't there be a rule that requires a user to post references? Because there is none. Furthermore, there are other threads with no reliable sources so why were they not closed as well? Like this one: https://phcorner.net/threads/806764/ or this one https://phcorner.net/threads/811096 to name a few. Or are references only required from the opposition and only the pro-administration posts are used as a basis for truth? I hope this gets clarified.

I hope you take this as both a suggestion and as a constructive criticism for PHC. I hope that you will look into this as well. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
eto hindi pag tatanggol at pag sipsip kay sir ravage to sasabihin ko lang opinyon ko.

si fabriche ang sinasabihan nya dyan

si fabriche ay top offender ng rules dito hindi lang isang beses paulit ulit ulit siya gumawa ng mga account dito after nya ma ban, palagi nya sinasabi ang mga dds, mga theists at ang pinaka malala ay ang mga pilipino daw ay mga b0b0 at mangmang!

in my opinion walang nilabag si ravage dyan lets just say as a staff member he take a drastic diciplinary action through harsh words dahil paulit ulit na yang si fabriche, kulang pa nga yan harsh words na yan sa mga pinagsasabi nya d magaganda sa mga members dito

if you are reading the whole converstion in this thread then you might as well reconsider this suggestion. The reason why I closed that thread it is because I ask him to provide information or reliable proof not because he is anti-duterte.

imagine this, pag may tao na gagawa ng kwento sayo na walang katotohahan or ebidensya sa tingin mo ba matutuwa ka?

and infact, his last comment does not make any sense at all even though I told him to provide any information to prove his claims. And I also pointed that out from my last comment that if he wants to post another thread like that then he should've provide some reliable resources to avoid our forum members from fighting or engage in a heated debate.

Although your suggestion is good but the way you provide the evidence and antagonizing us is very insulting because you only tell 1 side of the story without realizing or knowing the full extent of the story or the reason why we have to act like that.

shouldn't there be a rule that requires a user to post references? Because there is none.
It not stated in rules but if you want to tell or share your opinion of someone especially in politics then be sure you are telling the truth and also has a reliable evidences to back you claims. Why? because because we do not tolerate FAKE NEWS or RUMORS in our forum as it may lead to our members to be mislead or misinformed and we don't want that.

The whole purpose of this forum is to SHARE quality contents, Helping each other, most of all... "Respect and Interact with the other members". and by saying respect... it should be earned not given.

Not BASHING, FIGHTING, CURSING or any kind of nonsense stuff.

Furthermore, there are other threads with no reliable sources so why were they not closed as well? Like this one: https://phcorner.net/threads/806764/ or this one https://phcorner.net/threads/811096 to name a few. Or are references
We don't automatically close this kind of thread because we have no reason to. In order for this thread to be closed, first, if someone report it and then we will evaluate if it is valid or not. Second, if someone is quarreling/fighter in the comments section. Lastly, if the users/members use that thread as a spamming ground.

Last edited:
eto hindi pag tatanggol at pag sipsip kay sir ravage to sasabihin ko lang opinyon ko.

si fabriche ang sinasabihan nya dyan

si fabriche ay top offender ng rules dito hindi lang isang beses paulit ulit ulit siya gumawa ng mga account dito after nya ma ban, palagi nya sinasabi ang mga dds, mga theists at ang pinaka malala ay ang mga pilipino daw ay mga b0b0 at mangmang!

in my opinion walang nilabag si ravage dyan lets just say as a staff member he take a drastic diciplinary action through harsh words dahil paulit ulit na yang si fabriche, kulang pa nga yan harsh words na yan sa mga pinagsasabi nya d magaganda sa mga members dito
I want to clarify: I am not defending fabriche. I, too, think he/she deserves a ban if he/she did indeed break the rules. However, is it really necessary for an administrator to let loose foul words?

walang nilabag si ravage dyan lets just say as a staff member he take a drastic diciplinary action through harsh words
And yet, it does not change the fact that this rule exists: Posts containing racism, foul words, bullying, rudeness, discriminating or threatening other members are not allowed. There is no statement at all that administrators are exempted in following the rules or that administrators can use foul words on people who deserved it, is there? So, your claim that the administrator didn't break any rule is already invalidated. Isn't it unfair, that they are exempt to rules whereas members follow them? They are the example to the community, aren't they?

Because if people see that staff members are also breaking the rules the mindset 'eh ginagawa ng admin/mod eh, so okay lang pala' would spread. Rules were never made just to be broken because why then was it crafted in the first place? Leaders should lead by example, isn't that what we all expect?

Last edited:
if you are reading the whole converstion in this thread then you might as well reconsider this suggestion. The reason why I closed that thread it is because I ask him to provide information or reliable proof not because he is anti-duterte.

imagine this, pag may tao na gagawa ng kwento sayo na walang katotohahan or ebidensya sa tingin mo ba matutuwa ka?

and infact, his last comment does not make any sense at all even though I told him to provide any information to prove his claims. And I also pointed that out from my last comment that if he wants to post another thread like that then he should've provide some reliable resources to avoid our forum members from fighting or engage in a heated debate.

Although your suggestion is good but the way you provide the evidence and antagonizing us is very insulting because you only tell 1 side of the story without realizing or knowing the full extent of the story or the reason why we have to act like that.

It not stated in rules but if you want to tell or share your opinion of someone especially in politics then be sure you are telling the truth and also has a reliable evidences to back you claims. Why? because because we do not tolerate FAKE NEWS or RUMORS in our forum as it may lead to our members to be mislead or misinformed and we don't want that.

The whole purpose of this forum is to SHARE quality contents, Helping each other, most of all... "Respect and Interact with the other members". and by saying respect... it should be earned not given.

We don't automatically close this kind of thread because we have no reason to. In order for this thread to be closed, first, if someone report it and then we will evaluate if it is valid or not. Second, if someone is quarreling/fighter in the comments section. Lastly, if the users/members use that thread as a spamming ground.
Let me clarify: I was not antagonizing any staff members. This should be clear as I made this a suggestion, not a rant. If I was antagonizing you, the way my post is structured would have been different as well. Again, this is not me antagonizing anyone, just making a suggestion.

Now that we have that clarified, let's analyze the conversation. Let me quote all your comments on the thread:
Hindi ka ata nag-babasa ng balita sir.
Sabi lang ni duterte na ipapa-deport nya yung 300 Chinese na galing sa Wuhan.

Wag ka po mag kalat ng fake news dito (y)
Atleast try posting some reliable links or sources sa mga pinagsasabi mo di puro speculation or haka-haka.
Wala ka kasing credibility eh
What are talking you about? what i mean is that you're posting a thread that has no sources to back your claims.
It looks to me na papansin ka lang or naghahanap na lang ng kakampe. What I mean by credibility is walang maniniwala sayo kasi wala kang proof o proweba na nagsasabing totoo yung mga bintang mo (y).

And what are you saying na si Mocha Uson? siya lang ba yung na-bibigay or naghahatid nga balita sa pilipinas? I mean may internet ka and might as well use it pati din yung UTAK MO
sorry to say sir pero wala kang sense kausap. close ko nalang thread mo (y).
next time na mag post ka ng thread like this, please put some reliable sources or links na napapatunay na legit yung sinasabi mo (y)

Now, what if, for example, this is what was said instead, to request the TS to include references:
Please try including relevant sources/references to back your claims. As it stands, it is merely speculation unless you have credible sources to support you.
And if he/she does not comply:
I am sorry but I would have to close this thread. You were asked to provide sources and yet you did not comply. This will be reopened once you have edited and done what was requested. Thank you.

Compare what you said and my example: which of the two sounds neutral? Which of the two is direct to the point, without attacking the thread starter or without no hint of emotion?

Whether a member was rude to you or not, your decisions should not be clouded by emotions. If a member was rude, you do not have to stoop down to their level and be rude too. Shouldn't staff members be better than that? I mean, we look up to you since you are the leaders and role models in this community.

Yet you did not provide a reference or evidence when you said this: Sabi lang ni duterte na ipapa-deport nya yung 300 Chinese na galing sa Wuhan. While I know this is true since I read the news, didn't you just contradict yourself?

We don't automatically close this kind of thread because we have no reason to.
You just said that you close threads if they have no reliable sources or evidences. Isn't that a reason, as you said?

And yet, you just said this:
I mean may internet ka and might as well use it pati din yung UTAK MO
And the other commenters as well:
Gongong dika nag babasa Ng news fake news butaw hahaha gongong
bobong dilawan haha
Were they warned? Were they given sanctions?
There is a contradiction to the statements you are making. There should be fair enforcement of the rules. You just attacked the thread starter and ignored the other commenters who were clearly making rude statements, as quoted above. There should have been sanctions on both sides, on the thread starter for not citing sources and on the commenters for making rude statements.

Do you get my point? It can't be avoided by some people to be emotional when it comes to debates. My suggestion was for staff members to remain apolitical so as they will stand as an arbiter to both sides and calmly make decisions, without getting emotional. They can warn members without having to resort to attacking said members.

Ultimately, this is just a suggestion. I, like all of us here at PHC, am also thinking for the good of the site. You can either take my suggestion or leave it and ignore it :) I have no problem with either because as I said, this is just both a suggestion and a constructive criticism for the betterment of enforcing the rules.

Last edited:
Another suggestion, staff members:

When you close a thread, could you please inform the TS on the reason why it was closed? You know, just to show some respect for the people who spend time and data to make your website alive and allow you to earn money thru the adds.

Yesterday, I just found out that one of my thread was closed... don't know why... or by whom...
https://phcorner.net/threads/819835/#post-14464854

Ultimately, if we wish to avoid such issues then ALL political and religious posts should be prohibited. Or if we wish to allow them then it should not be just a propaganda like listing things and wanting to do something because of that list (https://phcorner.net/threads/820820/#post-14481368) without providing a reliable source, and this pertains to both sides of the party (anti and pro). And when it comes to the previous offenses of some members like this "fabriche", I can only surmise that if he/she decides to register using another account but doesn't commit the same offenses as his/her previous account then couldn't the admins give him/her another chance? After all, he/she may have learned his/her lesson. And I certainly back the suggestion that the admins/moderators will be more prim in their comments. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Ultimately, if we wish to avoid such issues then ALL political and religious views should be prohibited. Or if we wish to allow them then it should not be just a propaganda like listing things and wanting to do something because of that list (https://phcorner.net/threads/820820/#post-14481368) without providing a reliable source, and this pertains to both sides of the party (anti and pro). And when it comes to the previous offenses of some members like this "fabriche", I can only surmise that if he/she decides to register using another account but doesn't commit the same offenses as his/her previous account then couldn't the admins give him/her another chance? After all, he/she may have learned his/her lesson. And I certainly back the suggestion that the admins/moderators will be more prim in their comments. Just my 2 cents.
Yes, I also agree with requiring sources in those forums. It might be common sense to include sources to be credible but what is common sense for some might not be common sense for others. As such, it would be best including specific rules as to what posts are allowed in those kinds of forums so that there would be a basis by which staff members and community members can abide to.

And I definitely agree with including reasons when imposing the rules (banning members, closing threads, etc) so the person who was banned/whose thread was closed is aware of the mistakes he/she might have made and avoid it in the future.

Last edited:
I want to clarify: I am not defending fabriche. I, too, think he/she deserves a ban if he/she did indeed break the rules. However, is it really necessary for an administrator to let loose foul words?

And yet, it does not change the fact that this rule exists: Posts containing racism, foul words, bullying, rudeness, discriminating or threatening other members are not allowed. There is no statement at all that administrators are exempted in following the rules or that administrators can use foul words on people who deserved it, is there? So, your claim that the administrator didn't break any rule is already invalidated. Isn't it unfair, that they are exempt to rules whereas members follow them? They are the example to the community, aren't they?

Because if people see that staff members are also breaking the rules the mindset 'eh ginagawa ng admin/mod eh, so okay lang pala' would spread. Rules were never made just to be broken because why then was it crafted in the first place? Leaders should lead by example, isn't that what we all expect?

debate thread yan, anything can happen when you engaging on a debate.

i am not saint i am not angel, all of us here in phc without exeption including admin staff..

how many times ko na naka debate yan si fabriche on religion and politics? midyo madami na
gaya ng sabi ko hindi ako angel o santo, kahit papano mahaba ang pasensya ko, pero na test ni fabriche ang pisi ko at hindi ko itatanggi nakapag salita ako ng di magaganda during our religion and politics dialogue, dahil masyado na below the belt ang banat nya.

ang mga members dito na ka tulad ko nakakapag salita na di maganda pag pulitika at relihiyon na ang usapan wala ng bago dyan? so ibig sabihin ba nun tayo mga ordinaryong member lang pupuwede gumamit ng foul words???

may rules ba dito sa phc na pag minura mo o ang admin staff ay hindi sila pwedi mag mura o mag fight back at ang gagawin lang nila ay manahimik???
miron ba ganyan rules???

accept the reality, the admin staff here in this forum is not a saint, maari din mapigtas ang pisi ng patient nila like me, like you like all of us. pupuwede ba pag hinampas ka sa ulo ng dos for dos ay hahatawin mo ng palito ng posporo para maka ganti ka?.

yan si fabriche sa tuwing mag cocoment yan sa mga religion at debate thread ang lagi baon nyan ay ang mga salitang
ang mga dds ay b0b0 at mangmang, ang mga theists ay mga b0b0 at mangmang, ang mga dds ay mga b0b0 at mangmang, ang mga pilipino ay mga b0b0 at mangmang.

so want do u want ravage to say? shut his mouth? or put a crown of laurels on fabriche's head?
hindi makakapag salita ng ganyan si ravage kung hindi masyado magaspang ang pananalita ni fabriche.

ang sabi ni fabriche "ayaw daw ng mga admin staff dito ng intellectual discussion"

piro mukhang di nya nauunawa ang salitang intellectual discussion sa kanyang mga pananalita.
ano ba ang miron sa intellectual disscussion?

no ad hominem,
no name calling

piro ano style ni fabriche sa debate?
ad hominem
name callling
insinuation
mockery
changing the subject: mixing politics and religion on a particular and specific topic

given all that fact, kapag ganyan ang isang member na tulad ni fabriche ay sapat lang yan ginawa at sinabi ng admin staff dito.

dont expect na ang mga staff member dito ay may polisiya na
"pag sinampal ka sa pisngi ay ibigay mo ang kabila"
magpaka totoo tayo walang nakakasunod na kahit sino dyan, walang jesus christ dito sa phc.

ang tanging solusyon lang dyan ay ipag bawal ang political and religion debate dito sa phc para maiwasan yan mga ganyang nakikita mo.

or my suggestion

create an exclusive DEBATE section on this forum
a lincoln-douglas format formal debate section with moderators
formal, walang ad hom, may rules, may format, at hindi debateng kalye na tulad na madalas na nangyayari dito

agree ako rito...
para malaman din kung sino nagsara... si ts ba o yung mods... kasi pwede na magsara ng sariling thread yung mga estab members...
kala ko mga admin staff lang pwedi mag sara ng thread? pwedi na pala mga estab members?..

siguro dapat ibalik sa dati na mga admin staff lang pwedi mag sara ng thread
pwedi kasi maabuso yan.

isasara na lang bigla ng isang member ang thread nya para d na maka porma yong katalakayan nyan
yong tipong siya ang nakapag bitaw ng last words🤣

debate thread yan, anything can happen when you engaging on a debate.

i am not saint i am not angel, all of us here in phc without exeption including admin staff..

how many times ko na naka debate yan si fabriche on religion and politics? midyo madami na
gaya ng sabi ko hindi ako angel o santo, kahit papano mahaba ang pasensya ko, pero na test ni fabriche ang pisi ko at hindi ko itatanggi nakapag salita ako ng di magaganda during our religion and politics dialogue, dahil masyado na below the belt ang banat nya.

ang mga members dito na ka tulad ko nakakapag salita na di maganda pag pulitika at relihiyon na ang usapan wala ng bago dyan? so ibig sabihin ba nun tayo mga ordinaryong member lang pupuwede gumamit ng foul words???

may rules ba dito sa phc na pag minura mo o ang admin staff ay hindi sila pwedi mag mura o mag fight back at ang gagawin lang nila ay manahimik???
miron ba ganyan rules???

accept the reality, the admin staff here in this forum is not a saint, maari din mapigtas ang pisi ng patient nila like me, like you like all of us. pupuwede ba pag hinampas ka sa ulo ng dos for dos ay hahatawin mo ng palito ng posporo para maka ganti ka?.

yan si fabriche sa tuwing mag cocoment yan sa mga religion at debate thread ang lagi baon nyan ay ang mga salitang
ang mga dds ay b0b0 at mangmang, ang mga theists ay mga b0b0 at mangmang, ang mga dds ay mga b0b0 at mangmang, ang mga pilipino ay mga b0b0 at mangmang.

so want do u want ravage to say? shut his mouth? or put a crown of laurels on fabriche's head?
hindi makakapag salita ng ganyan si ravage kung hindi masyado magaspang ang pananalita ni fabriche.

ang sabi ni fabriche "ayaw daw ng mga admin staff dito ng intellectual discussion"

piro mukhang di nya nauunawa ang salitang intellectual discussion sa kanyang mga pananalita.
ano ba ang miron sa intellectual disscussion?

no ad hominem,
no name calling

piro ano style ni fabriche sa debate?
ad hominem
name callling
insinuation
mockery
changing the subject: mixing politics and religion on a particular and specific topic

given all that fact, kapag ganyan ang isang member na tulad ni fabriche ay sapat lang yan ginawa at sinabi ng admin staff dito.

dont expect na ang mga staff member dito ay may polisiya na
"pag sinampal ka sa pisngi ay ibigay mo ang kabila"
magpaka totoo tayo walang nakakasunod na kahit sino dyan, walang jesus christ dito sa phc.

ang tanging solusyon lang dyan ay ipag bawal ang political and religion debate dito sa phc para maiwasan yan mga ganyang nakikita mo.

or my suggestion

create an exclusive DEBATE section on this forum
a lincoln-douglas format formal debate section with moderators
formal, walang ad hom, may rules, may format, at hindi debateng kalye na tulad na madalas na nangyayari dito
You are clearly trying to justify someone who violated the rules. I repeat: were there exceptions to the rules? There were none so everyone is expected to follow them, no excuses, right?
miron ba ganyan rules???
Yes. Posts containing racism, foul words, bullying, rudeness, discriminating or threatening other members are not allowed. If a member violated this, the administrator do not have to do the same. He/She just have to warn the member or ban them. As I said, there was no exception to the rule so I see no reason why the staff members do not have to do the same. Yes, they are not saints but that is just a reason for their behavior, it does not excuse nor justify it. I am not forcing them to be perfect but to at least try to be one as they are the leaders in this community.

And as I said, getting emotional in debates is normal that is why I suggested staff members remain apolitical so they do not have to participate and get emotional. That way, they are calm and composed when making decisions.

Last edited:
kala ko mga admin staff lang pwedi mag sara ng thread? pwedi na pala mga estab members?..

pwedi kasi maabuso yan.

isasara na lang bigla ng isang member ang thread nya para d na maka porma yong katalakayan nyan
Only the thread starter can close his own thread, unless a staff member closes it :)

pwedi kasi maabuso yan.

member at Established lang pwede

You are clearly trying to justify someone who violated the rules. I repeat: were there exceptions to the rules? There were none so everyone is expected to follow them, no excuses, right?

Yes. Posts containing racism, foul words, bullying, rudeness, discriminating or threatening other members are not allowed. If a member violated this, the administrator do not have to do the same. He/She just have to warn the member or ban them. As I said, there was no exception to the rule so I see no reason why the staff members do not have to do the same. Yes, they are not saints but that is just a reason for their behavior, it does not excuse nor justify it.

And as I said, getting emotional in debates is normal that is why I suggested staff members remain apolitical so they do not have to participate and get emotional. That way, they are calm and composed when making decisions.

lumalagay lang ako sa realidad

ilang beses na winarningan ni ravage yan si fabriche sa kung ilang account na ginawa nya, bago nabitawan nya ang mga salita na yan.

what ravage do or what he said is undestandable and justifiable

minsan kaylangan mo sampalin o suntukin ang isang tao para magising siya sa malalim na bangungot nya at maisalba mo siya sa kamatayan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.