What's new

Closed Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHC-Metanoia

Forum Expert
Elite
I just have a suggestion: that staff members remain apolitical and unbiased when it comes to enforcing the rules. If ever they participate in debates, they should remain fair and not let personal beliefs blind them in enforcing the rules. I am not referring to all staff members, only to those who fall under one or more of the aforementioned description.

Case on point, this comment: https://phcorner.net/threads/810394/page-10#post-14309371
0001.png

It is stated in the rules: Posts containing racism, foul words, bullying, rudeness, discriminating or threatening other members are not allowed. This comment clearly violates this rule.

On that same thread, there was a member who was banned because his/her beliefs were different. Whereas no sanctions where given against the member who kept calling someone 'engot'. Isn't it unfair to impose rules and yet, break the rules you have vowed to uphold? Shouldn't rules be enforced on all, regardless of their political stance?

Another example: https://phcorner.net/threads/820820/#post-14481368
A moderator participated in a political debate but closed the thread because the TS did not provide reliable sources. While this is understandable, shouldn't there be a rule that requires a user to post references? Because there is none. Furthermore, there are other threads with no reliable sources so why were they not closed as well? Like this one: https://phcorner.net/threads/806764/ or this one https://phcorner.net/threads/811096 to name a few. Or are references only required from the opposition and only the pro-administration posts are used as a basis for truth? I hope this gets clarified.

I hope you take this as both a suggestion and as a constructive criticism for PHC. I hope that you will look into this as well. Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
pwedi kasi maabuso yan
halimbawa ako nag simula ng thread a debate thread

on a heated debate pwedi ko isara ang thread para d na makapag saita at maka porma ang ka talakayan ko
nasa TS na yun kung isasara nya or hindi (labas na admin at mod dun unless lang kung may nalabag na rules yung TS)

lumalagay lang ako sa realidad

ilang beses na winarningan ni ravage yan si fabriche sa kung ilang account na ginawa nya, bago nabitawan nya ang mga salita na yan.

what ravage do or what he said is undestandable and justifiable

minsan kaylangan mo sampalin o suntukin ang isang para magising siya sa malalim na bangungot nya at maisalba mo siya sa kamatayan
The rules are clear. There are no exceptions. The rules do not state to use force and stoop down to the level of the member being rude/violating rules. That is why there are rules because we are civilized men/women who can think, decide and act fairly and rationally, not animals acting purely on instinct alone :)

I have presented what I think. You have presented yours and for that, I thank you.

It is for the staff members to decide whether they accept my suggestion or not.

Last edited:
simple. this is a forum website. everyone has an opinion as long as it is related to the topic. also they are the owner of this website. in short they have a control on the website.

And when it comes to the previous offenses of some members like this "fabriche", I can only surmise that if he/she decides to register using another account but doesn't commit the same offenses as his/her previous account then couldn't the admins give him/her another chance? After all, he/she may have learned his/her lesson.
Sure. (y)
Ganyan ang treatment ko sa lahat ng na-banned.
Malaya silang gumawa ng panibagong account, basta sumunod lang sa Forum rules ay malaya sila dito sa Forum.

Compare what you said and my example: which of the two sounds neutral? Which of the two is direct to the point, without attacking the thread starter or without no hint of emotion?

Whether a member was rude to you or not, your decisions should not be clouded by emotions. If a member was rude, you do not have to stoop down to their level and be rude too. Shouldn't staff members be better than that? I mean, we look up to you since you are the leaders and role models in this community.
To clarify on what you're saying on attacking the thread started is purely not true. I mean I was just stating the facts there and is that bad? I mean i know he's been rude to me but did I say he's dumb or anything that would hurt his/her feeling? of course not. I'm just asking for proof or link that could support on what he is saying but he fails to do that and instead of replying nicely he deliberately provoking me. I am being merciful and more understanding in that situation and if I were not then he/she would be directly banned but I decided to close the thread to avoid any more conflict to his thread.

As to decide without a hint of emotion? What do you mean? we are humans and we are born with emotions. We are not robot you know? Being disrespectful to the admins/mods are a bannable offense but I just let it pass because as it is just a small matter to me. Thus closing a thread that may lead to a heated debate is wrong to you? and If you are in my position? what would you do then? just watch them fighting on what they believe in or just stop before it's too late? its for you decide.

And the other commenters as well:
I mean what is the purpose of closing that thread? I mean I didn't even warned or banned the TS.
I think its just a small matter to me and just close the thread. And by that decision itself it means I have self-control which answers you question if I'm biased or not.

Do you get my point? It can't be avoided by some people to be emotional when it comes to debates. My suggestion was for staff members to remain apolitical so as they will stand as an arbiter to both sides and calmly make decisions, without getting emotional. They can warn members without having to resort to attacking said members.
I mean you're just making me look like im a pro-duterte supporter or being biased but actually it's just bullsh*t supporting any politician in this country and I'm not even interested in discussing about that matter. To make things short, I don't support anything that revolves it Politics.

Also, i don't understand what this means "Attacking the Thread Starter". I mean is it bad to request or asking for a reference or any reliable sources for this news? Instead of providing the information as to where did he gets it but he is deliberately mocking or questioning my question which does not validate your claims of attacking him. I'm just stating the fact that he should use his head is the wrong? did I say he's dumb or mentally incapable? you decide.

Ultimately, this is just a suggestion. I, like all of us here at PHC, am also thinking for the good of the site. You can either take my suggestion or leave it and ignore it :) I have no problem with either because as I said, this is just both a suggestion and a constructive criticism for the betterment of enforcing the rules.
This issue would be brought up to the admins/mods to be discussed. But I suggest that any political matters should be prohibited as it may lead to conflicts and fighting amongst our members (y)

Sure. (y)
Ganyan ang treatment ko sa lahat ng na-banned.
Malaya silang gumawa ng panibagong account, basta sumunod lang sa Forum rules ay malaya sila dito sa Forum.
Kapag po ba na-ban yung isang member ay meron po bang "form" na ifi-fill-up ang mga admins/members para ilagay kung aling specific violation ang nacommit nung member para maiban po? Para lang just in case gusto i-review ng isang mas nakatataas ay meron siyang basis kung i-a-undo ba yung pagka-ban o hindi? And hopefully, gayahin din nung ibang members yung treatment ninyo. (y)

Kapag po ba na-ban yung isang member ay meron po bang "form" na ifi-fill-up ang mga admins/members para ilagay kung aling specific violation ang nacommit nung member para maiban po? Para lang just in case gusto i-review ng isang mas nakatataas ay meron siyang basis kung i-a-undo ba yung pagka-ban o hindi? And hopefully, gayahin din nung ibang members yung treatment ninyo. (y)
Only mods/admins can see the reason why the member is banned.

we can also unbanned members (y).

di ko binasa ang lahat ng comments dito, I don't have time for your stories
may reklamo ka sa desisyon ko?

you are trying to state the rules and want to argue about it? know that I'am one of the makers of those rules.... you want me to obey those rules? bwahahahahah.... if you are expecting ME to ABIDE RELIGIOUSLY to my rules going against people like them who does not even have a clue to what those rules are all about then para mo na rin sinabi na wala na dapat pa mawarningan at wala na dapat ma-ban, of course I will break my own rule and laws to go againts the lawless
gusto mo pumatol sa mga sira ang ulo? then kelangan mo muna lumevel sa sira ang ulo... something I love doing... HAHAHAHAHA
how can you break a bone if you cannot break a rule?

people often talk about rights as if they have them and others don't, yes pare-parehas tayong kumakain ng kanin at pare-parehas tayong mamamatay BUT KNOW THIS as a fact..... HINDI TAYO PAREHAS
Panis na at sirang plaka na ito pero sasabihin ko na rin... "talk to me about your rights and I will stack my right and my privilege on top of your heads" and I sure am more than willing to use my rights to its full extent!
Ano ba ine-expect mo PHC-Noob_Saibot ? na mananahimik ako habang ginagawang battlefield etong pinakamamahal ko na PHC dahil may right kayo???! If your answer is yes then sasabihin ko sayo kasing **** mo yung binan ko.

Your mistake was to drag me into this conversation and citing my statement na hindi naman para sa yo.
You made me use a lot of words explaining things that even a moron could easily understand.

Now if you are just trying to get my attention then congrats.... you have my attention, but if you are just doing this for the sake of your discussion/argument then consider your account a goner. You'll find yourself debating against my button and I have the right to use it.
Know that I'am PHC's law and my decision is final!

Seriously??? WHY? kinokwestyon mo ako as if sinasabi mo na dapat eh ganito, dapat ganun ang asal ng admin? sino ka para diktahan ako or kung sino man sa dapat ko/nila asalin?
Kinokwestyon mo ang authority ko? Last time I looked... me, Draft, Bonekiller, Kentify, WALANGMAGAWA, Causing Glenn at derx ang mga members ng staff .... hindi ko nabasa na kasama dyan si PHC-Noob_Saibot.... you want to administer/moderate a site? You are welcome to do so.... BUT DO IT SOMEPLACE ELSE, better yet create a site of your own.
You think you know better? dun ka sa "new rule" ko.
https://phcorner.net/threads/144859/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.