What's new

2 Peter 1:21

Swimmah

Forum Guru
Elite
Reaction
2 Peter 1:21 (KJV) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

In today's culture, we are bombarded with false messages – sometimes even from people we should be able to trust. Therefore, when we read about prophesy in the Bible, we may be hesitant to accept its truth. We should not fall into this misassumption! Prophesy comes from God – not from man. In the Old Testament, prophecy was given by men of God to speak his words and not their own. Even today, we should use discernment to avoid false prophets and to seek those who are clearly moved by the Holy Spirit and speaking God's will.

Dear God, how amazing you are to send your word to those who believe! We are just your creation, but you allow us to live with your Holy Spirit and your Holy Spirit moves us. Thank you for your true and good will, which is always beyond the power of man's will. Help me to live according to your will rather than my own. Give me wisdom to know the difference between those speaking according to your will and those who are false prophets. In Jesus' name, amen.