What's new

1 Peter 2:12

Swimmah

Forum Guru
Elite
Reaction
1 Peter 2:12 (KJV) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

There are people amongst you who think you are wrong for believing in Jesus Christ – they may even accuse you of doing evil. Yet, as believers, we have the ability to change their opinions to glorify God when he returns by the lives we lead. How? By living such a good life filled with the love and teachings of Jesus that they may see we are different. We can do good deeds in the name of Jesus showing even those who doubt our faith that Jesus is real and has made a difference in the way we live our daily lives – we serve, we love, and we extend mercy.

Dear God, help me to live a life that is so radically different from those who do not know you that even they will glorify your name when you return. Give me opportunities to share your love with others and to serve wholeheartedly the people you have placed in my life. Allow me to extend mercy to those around me. Thank you for giving us a reason to love others, Father. Help my life to bring glory to your name, O Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.