NOTE: This is 32bit installer.
Credit to: Megamind
– ISO File Size………………………… 699 Mb
– RAM Usage On First Installation………… 145 Mb (idle for 5 mins)
– Entire Installation Size………………. 2.46 Gb
– WINDOWS Folder Size…………………… 2.40 Gb
– Running Processes, total………………. 24
– Running Processes, Windows…………….. 22
– Install Time In VMware………………… 10 to 15 minutes*
*The operating system takes 10 minutes to get to first logon, but on first logon the activation process takes a few minutes and in total it all adds up to about 15 minutes.
General Windows components that are kept:
This installation still includes, but is not limited to:
– Aero Theme
– Fax Support
– Internet Explorer 8
– Modem Support
– Most Languages (only Chinese, Japanese and Korean are removed)
– Printer Support
– Smart Card Support
– Windows Sounds
– Windows Update
(See the complete list below of what is kept in vLite)
– eXPerience Desktop folder with vital essentials
– eXPerience Wallpaper
– Quick Launch enabler on desktop (Thanks to ntoskrnl)
– Dozens of tweaks to improve Windows
– Watermark “Test Mode” removed
– Windows is activated offline (Thanks to Hazar)
– DirectX 9c DLL Files (some standalone/ripped games might need these)
– Everything Search v220.127.116.111 (find files and folders without waiting)
– Flash v10.0.22.87 for IE (player forand Google Video etc)
– Foxit PDF Reader Pro v3.0.1301 (open PDF files from the web in IE)
– HashTab v2.1.1 (adds a tab on file properties to see file checksum)
– WinRAR v3.80 (compression tool to handle various archive formats)
Desktop eXPerience Folder
Most of these folders contain quick solutions to things that otherwise
would be buried away in the Windows GUI, or you would have to know the
command to run the item, like “control userpasswords2″ will open the
screen to change your Windows 7 login password, or “intl.cpl” runs the
“Regional and Language Options” from Control Panel.
[eXPerience folder contents]
– Comodo Firewall – Download link to Comodo Firewall.
– Desktop Icon Layout – Allows you to save your desktop icon setup.
– Hibernation – Turns Hibernation on/off with one double click.
– Keyboard Settings – Quick way to open “Regional and language Options”
– Registry Backup – Easily backup your registry in one double click.
– TCPIP pâtcher – pâtch your tcpip.sys to allow 255 connections, not 10.
– User Password – Easily change your password for Windows.
[+ Links to useful items in Windows]
– Add Remove Programs
– Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc)
– Event Viewer (eventvwr.exe)
– Group Policy (gpedit.msc)
Quick Launch Enabler
On the desktop is a tool that can enable Quick Launch in just one click. You should run this ONCE only, if you want Quick Launch like on XP/Vista.
If the program doesn’t make Quick Launch the first time, just remove the Quick Launch toolbar and run the enabler again.
Program created by ntoskrnl.
On the right click of “Computer” you have the following added:
– Advanced System Properties
– Device Manager
– Edit Registry
THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS HAVE BEEN KEPT IN vLite:
KEPT – [Accessories]
Character Map, Disk Cleanup, Game Explorer, Notepad, Paint, Snipping
Tool, System Information, Welcome Center, Wordpad.
KEPT – [Drivers]
Generic printer, QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter, Storage controllers.
KEPT – [Hardware Support] (everything is kept)
Dynamic Volume Manager, Fax Support, Firewire (1394), Floppy Disk Support, Infrared Support, Internet Small Computer System Interface, Microsoft Multi-Path Bus, Modem Support, Printer Support, Smartcards, TV Tuner support, Windows HotStart, Windows Image Acquisition, Windows Portable Devices, WLAN Support, XBOX 360 Controller.
KEPT – [Languages]
Arabic, Brazillian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian.
KEPT – [Multimedia]
Intel Indeo, Media Metadata Handler, Photo Metadata Handler, Shell event sounds, Wallpapers, Windows Aero Theme.
KEPT – [Network]
Distributed File System, File and printer sharing (Server), Internet Explorer, Link-Layer Topology Discovery, Network and Sharing Center, Network Explorer, Quality of Service, RIP Listener, Windows Firewall.
KEPT – [Services]
Application Experience, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Computer Browser, Desktop Window Manager, DHCP, Distributed Link Tracking Client, Distributed Transaction Coordinator, DNS Client, Extensible Authentication Protocol, Interactive Services Detection, Internet Connection Sharing, IP Helper, IPsec Policy Agent,
Multimedia Class Scheduler, Network Access Protection Agent, Network List Service, Network Location Awareness, Protected Storage, Quality Windows Audio Video Experience, Remote Access Auto Connection Manager, Remote Access Connection Manager, Secondary Logon, Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol, SSDP Discovery, SuperFetch, Task Scheduler, TCP/IP NetBios Helper, Telephony, TPM Base Services, Universal Plug and Play, User-mode Driver Framework, Volume Shadow Copy, WebDAV (WebClient), Windows Color System (WCS/ICM), Windows Connect Now, Windows Event Log, Windows Remote Management, Windows Time, Windows Update.
KEPT – [System]
16-bit Support, Beep, Component Cache, Disk Quota, Jet Database Engine, MDAC, Microsoft Client For NFS, Microsoft HTML engine, Run a legacy CPL elevated, Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA), User *** Control (UAC), Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (Shimgvw), Zip Folder.
THis is 32bit installer.
DOWNLOAD LINK: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.